+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pet Relocation from Dubai to Canada

khymiella

Sep 9, 2019
Hello!

I need your help.
Does anybody here have experience of relocating their dog from Dubai to Canada?
Can you share your experience and information about the procedures?

aamy110

Jul 29, 2023
Hello!

I need your help.
Does anybody here have experience of relocating their dog from Dubai to Canada?
Can you share your experience and information about the procedures?
Hi,
Not sure whether you're still active on the forum. I'm at the same stage, can you share your experience, I need to move my Dog from Dubai to Canada!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Not sure whether you're still active on the forum. I'm at the same stage, can you share your experience, I need to move my Dog from Dubai to Canada!
Canada is currently reviewing their policy for dog import into Canada. Depending when you are going to move, you might have a different experience.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi,
For Cargo hold:
Most airlines won't fly pets during summer as the weather is too hot right now. You'll have to wait till Sep or Oct to fly your pet. Contact the airlines and see if they have pet quota allocated for the next three months, I'd be very surprised if they still do.

For carrying as a cabin luggage:
This should still be okay.

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
Hi,
Hey, recently I had met someone who frequently travels overseas from dubai with their pet. Their advice was quite enlightening.

They said that they simply go to the veterinary clinic located at dubai airport with the required documents-i.e vaccination proof and passports(not sure if you need to take your dog along at this stage) and they do the export paperwork for roughly 1000AED.

So it’s a whole lot cheaper than using other clinics in dubai that charge 5-6k(eg dkc or private clinics).

if you have a small breed then certain European carriers allow you to carry your pet with you in cabin(Swiss, klm Air France etc). Etihad also allows in cabin but it’s pricey. Emirates only allows dogs in the hold, unfortunately.

certain breeds with Brachy faces have different requirements- temp controlled holds etc

I hope this advice helps and if you do learn something new, please do share. We plan to move our dogs in a year or so as well.

Reactions: aamy110

aamy110

Jul 29, 2023
Thank you so much. I've prepared the documents.

Hey, recently I had met someone who frequently travels overseas from dubai with their pet. Their advice was quite enlightening.

They said that they simply go to the veterinary clinic located at dubai airport with the required documents-i.e vaccination proof and passports(not sure if you need to take your dog along at this stage) and they do the export paperwork for roughly 1000AED.

So it’s a whole lot cheaper than using other clinics in dubai that charge 5-6k(eg dkc or private clinics).

if you have a small breed then certain European carriers allow you to carry your pet with you in cabin(Swiss, klm Air France etc). Etihad also allows in cabin but it’s pricey. Emirates only allows dogs in the hold, unfortunately.

certain breeds with Brachy faces have different requirements- temp controlled holds etc

I hope this advice helps and if you do learn something new, please do share. We plan to move our dogs in a year or so as well.

Reactions: Sonikell