+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent residency spouse sponsorship delays leave new dad unable to support fa

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
for all we know, the reporter called the call center and that's who the information is from. i don't give this story any credit, really. it's full of misinformation and just really bad journalism.

i also wonder how convenient the timing of this article is IF in fact CIC does intend to change process on January 15. couldn't this end up being a big political win for the current party? "oh look at us, we heard your cries and made a change quickly!" is cbc known for favoring this party? i honestly don't have much knowledge of canadian politics, so i have no idea if it's suspicious or not.
You may have hit the proverbial nail on the head!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Ponga said:
But...it was CIC that got it wrong:

"CIC told Hacche in an email that if he wants to speed things up, he should leave the country and apply from the outside."
I think what actually happened, is CIC simply told him to apply OUTLAND instead. Some people take it upon themselves to assume outland means you must actually be outside Canada to apply. Without the actual transcript from the call, it's impossible to say if CIC specifically told him he would need to physically leave the country and stay out during the entire process, which I don't buy since CIC call centre agents should know this is not true.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
I think what actually happened, is CIC simply told him to apply OUTLAND instead. Some people take it upon themselves to assume outland means you must actually be outside Canada to apply. Without the actual transcript from the call, it's impossible to say if CIC specifically told him he would need to physically leave the country and stay out during the entire process, which I don't buy since CIC call centre agents should know this is not true.
It was an email.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Ponga said:
It was an email.
So would be good to see the transcript of the email. I still find it hard to believe CIC would tell someone they need to physically leave Canada in order to apply outland.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
So would be good to see the transcript of the email. I still find it hard to believe CIC would tell someone they need to physically leave Canada in order to apply outland.
Agreed...the part about seeing the email.

Not so sure about the second part.