+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

permanent residency is a privilege not a right so please stop signing petitions

k1123

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
permanent residency is a privilege not a right so please stop signing petitions and stop bugging cic and media thanks

k1123

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
i am in the same as everyone right now but this doesnt make sense we should protesting against the thing for which we dont have any right

government of canada never promised us pr

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well I completely agree with you, but all they are asking is to be heard; that is all.

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
Thank you. I totally agree. The government doesn't owe you anything... ::)

k1123

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
praneet87 said:
Well I completely agree with you, but all they are asking is to be heard; that is all.
they are the law makers we jus have to follow it thats it as simple as that
we are the strangers in the country and we just cant force them to listen us

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
k1123 said:
they are the law makers we jus have to follow it thats it as simple as that
we are the strangers in the country and we just cant force them to listen us
ur so very wrong. ur talking like someone who likes to be oppressed . Yes we know its not our right hence the petition. if it was our right we would have gone to a lawyer wont we. If u read the petition u will notice we are saying we ex students are beneficial members of society who have integrated and leaving us behind is not beneficial for both us as well as canada. petition say what we bring to the table and how we were affected by express entry. so read it
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-candidates-on-open-work-permits-and-working-in-canada-need-more-visibility-in-express-entry-system

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
k1123 said:
permanent residency is a privilege not a right so please stop signing petitions and stop bugging cic and media thanks
I don't disagree, obviously it's a privilege.

That said, people who submitted their application between 20 Oct and 31 Dec apparently had zero chance of getting their PR via the CEC scheme. A number of those people will have effectively wasted money (e.g. on IELTS fees, legal fees, etc.).

Some may have a chance under the Express Entry system, but clearly a number of people will have simply wasted money. The CIC could have limited this by providing a little information (e.g. by showing the total applications received on their website).

I can't access the petitions (blocked at work) and I assume some go too far, but requesting a bit more clarity seems reasonable. I haven't personally read or seen anything about people contacting the media (that's obviously not to say that is isn't happening, I simply haven't read much surrounding the issue).

rubyracer

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
arowberry said:
That said, people who submitted their application between 20 Oct and 31 Dec apparently had zero chance of getting their PR via the CEC scheme. A number of those people will have effectively wasted money (e.g. on IELTS fees, legal fees, etc.).
But they never promised that application = PR. And the change of system was also quite publicized.

Fault is also with the consultancies. Till November end I kept getting calls from consultancies who promised PR under hot NOCs like 2173 and 2174. When i read canadavisa.com, it was obvious that those NOCs were filled long back.

Consultancies didn't offer refund so they pocketed close to 1 lakh for a application they knew had no chance of going through

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they announced the overall cap of 8000 in May. Everyone knew that once it was full, it was full. People send in their applications at their own risk, you cannot blame them for the CAP being reached before you sent in your application. Also, CIC have zero obligation to keep people informed of how many spaces they had left. Simple logic would have told anyone that the earlier you got it in the better, the longer you leave it, the higher the risk of the CAP being full.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
While I am not sure about doing it in form of a petition, we all have the right to voice concerns of government policies.

Whether CIC will change accordingly or do anything is beyond our authority.

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
I'm simply saying that something simple (like an application count) could have saved a number of people time, money and stress. As a result, I don't blame people for seeking further transparency.

Obviously 'application <> PR' and of of course the change in system was widely publicized; but they're not really relevant to my suggestion above.

I fully accept that CIC (or any other immigration system) is perfect. I know that the CIC is under no obligation to provide people with the information I suggested. I'm only saying that it would have been useful to some; and therefore it's reasonable for some people to ask for better information.

I haven't read any of the actual petitions yet, so I don't know what is being campaigned for specifically; I'd imagine the area I focused on above is just part of it.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
arowberry said:
I haven't read any of the actual petitions yet, so I don't know what is being campaigned for specifically; I'd imagine the area I focused on above is just part of it.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/want-to-start-a-petition-please-provide-input-t268556.0.html;msg3995825#msg3995825

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
considering it was widely rumoured that they had about 13,000 applications sitting in inventory at the end of October, it seems bizarre that people are surprised the cap was reached. people chose to ignore that and send it in anyway. Sure, they could have done a count and they tried to for a while but if you have that many applications being received and waiting to go through, counting them probably wouldn't be your first priority either.

that petition on change.org is extremely repetitive and completely ignores the fact that the people on working holiday open permits who have been here for 2-3 years with permanent full time jobs are also affected. its just focusing on post grad workers. its asking to take away the LMIA requirement for post grad workers or to make LMIA's easier to get. neither of which will happen.

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
purplesnow said:
they announced the overall cap of 8000 in May. Everyone knew that once it was full, it was full. People send in their applications at their own risk, you cannot blame them for the CAP being reached before you sent in your application. Also, CIC have zero obligation to keep people informed of how many spaces they had left. Simple logic would have told anyone that the earlier you got it in the better, the longer you leave it, the higher the risk of the CAP being full.
I fully agree with you on all of this.

I hadn't heard rumours of the applications being held in October (I was away from this forum for a long time). Was the rumour due to the big slowdown in processing, or from elsewhere?

"that petition on change.org is extremely repetitive and completely ignores the fact that the people on working holiday open permits who have been here for 2-3 years with permanent full time jobs are also affected. its just focusing on post grad workers."

That is lame; you'd think they'd want to spend a bit of time to at least get a well written petition out there. Logically, only focusing on PGWP's instead of all OWP's would badly restrict the potential number of signatures.