+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

permanent residency is a privilege not a right so please stop signing petitions

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
the_lion said:
It is a Petition(synonymous to request) and not a Protest.
In your terms, everything is a privilege then! working, living, even driving is a privilege. That still doesn't entitle someone to thrash your car and assume you wont react about it!

Right or privilege, un-egalitarian treatment is a condemnation in every case. Applicant who applied after Oct 20 were no less in any case than the ones applied before that! They are just trying to make a point. get them selves heard!

PGWPs or anyone in that matter should not be outside the rules, we just want them to be aware of the fact that there are people who have invested their everything to be successful in Canada an are finding themselves nowhere now! They have/are striving hard like any other Canadian to make their economy strong!
Just a word/ public release from them to pacify the agonized hearts of the applicants stuck in this Limbo, would be much appreciated! Thats it!

Right to Speech, Right to be heard and Right to information are NOT privileges!

Regarding the words of the petition and what message it gets thru, That has be polished a little bit, before it goes thru.
If someone has any suggestions to add/ include all OWPs instead of just PGWPs, Please offer your kind suggestions by all means!
First, let me just say, very well written. It would definitely benefit the petition for you to take a crack at it. That being said. Yes, everything you just stated IS a privilege to us, especially the driving ,which under any circumstances is a privilege.
We are outsiders who want to enter into someone's home. We should play by their rules. There is absolutely nothing in the new rules that would prevent people from applying. You don't have to have a LMIA. It just improves your chances. People who are able to have employment with a government approved LMIA should have priority. The higher more in demand skilled people should get in first. Sorry, but I don't see what is unfair about that.
It would be great if we could all get in, but we can't. I could understand the complaints if they were requesting unreason things, like showing $700k on bank account, but they are not. They simply want highly qualified people who will fit in well with Canadian society and will not take away opportunities of Canadian citizens. I don't think that's a lot to ask. I am willing to wait it out and see how the new system works before trying to ask for changes. If that means having to apply multiple times than so be it.

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
AshesNdust said:
The only one sounding hateful is you and a nice touch of libel thrown in. Again, all I'm hearing is "Me, me,me." It seems all about the impact on your life with little or no consideration for Canadians and how this impacts them. That sounds pretty entitled to me.
And what are you even talking about with fault? No one is at fault over anything with this. The past CIC system didn't work well. The CIC has come up with a new one and is bringing the most qualified people. It sounds like common sense to me. They have not put any kind of ridiculous requires into the procedure. I will patiently go through the process and hope I get lucky enough to be granted PR in Canada.
yes we r not saints yes we r doing it for ourselves so yes its going to be "me me me" i am guessing u r the one going on a high horse. u know the meaning of entitled? we r saying we r useful members of society and we do bring benefits to the society. We r saying hear us dont abandon us. why do u say past system didnt work well? past system did work well for that time and yes it may need improvement as times change but the past system did work well. yes u should patiently go through the process and not discourage us who r trying hard to bring about change.

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
"Wendy Cukier, founder, Diversity Institute in Management and Technology at Ryerson University, in a presentation, cites a study (Watt et al.,2008) that shows that 40 per cent of immigrants who entered Canada in the skilled worker or business class left Canada within their first 10 years.
A previous study by Statistics Canada indicated that one-third of male immigrants (aged 25 to 45 at the time of landing) left Canada within 20 years after arrival. More than half of those who left did so within the first year of arrival."

They do this for a reason. We have too many highly skilled workers here in Montreal who work in low-paid jobs, simply because there is no need for them. And because this is a very unfortunate circumstance, the government is now trying to eliminate this by changing the rules. Think about it people - if you are not in demand at the moment, you will end up as a f***ing cab driver or delivery guy. Whether you like it or not.

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Marlee said:
"Wendy Cukier, founder, Diversity Institute in Management and Technology at Ryerson University, in a presentation, cites a study (Watt et al.,2008) that shows that 40 per cent of immigrants who entered Canada in the skilled worker or business class left Canada within their first 10 years.
A previous study by Statistics Canada indicated that one-third of male immigrants (aged 25 to 45 at the time of landing) left Canada within 20 years after arrival. More than half of those who left did so within the first year of arrival."

They do this for a reason. We have too many highly skilled workers here in Montreal who work in low-paid jobs, simply because there is no need for them. And because this is a very unfortunate circumstance, the government is now trying to eliminate this by changing the rules. Think about it people - if you are not in demand at the moment, you will end up as a f***ing cab driver or delivery guy. Whether you like it or not.
These new rules are designed with future Canadians leaving school/college in mind and also for the older boomer generation who cannot support themselves by their pensions any longer and are looking to re enter the work force.

They are tightening up the whole influx of people until they can see that Canadians wont be forced onto welfare.....

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
unclesamy said:
yes we r not saints yes we r doing it for ourselves so yes its going to be "me me me" i am guessing u r the one going on a high horse. u know the meaning of entitled? we r saying we r useful members of society and we do bring benefits to the society. We r saying hear us dont abandon us. why do u say past system didnt work well? past system did work well for that time and yes it may need improvement as times change but the past system did work well. yes u should patiently go through the process and not discourage us who r trying hard to bring about change.
What is with the personal insults? I'm not on a high horse. Let me put it very simply for you, it is irrelevant to Canada how many benefits you bring UNLESS it is a benefit they cannot get from a citizen.That is the point of the immigration system. They will allow us in if they have room.
The old system was not working well because of the long wait times and the badly designed caps. It was not flexible enough to suit the changing employment needs of Canadian businesses.
Again the goal of the CIC is to put a system into place that benefits Canada, not us. The higher the skill level and the more rare it is, will help them. If you don't have a skillset that falls into that category, then there's a greater chance of your competing for a position that the average Canadian is qualified to fill.
Trying to get a petition out, which reads as very self-centered, hurts ALL of us because it is very bad publicity. It makes us look whiny, self-centered, and ungrateful to Canada. That is not the way to gain home grown support.
At this point, waiting to see how things shake put would be a much better approach and will garner more support in the long run.

mapletrunk

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The "message" still needs to get to CIC's attention, but I suggest, should be in the form of a Pleading or Prayer, not "Petition". Choice of words can be crucial.