+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency application submitted but status says Invitation received

HHope8

Mar 4, 2017
Skumar76 said:
Please read below post, it was rectified when contacted CIC for one person.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-profile-submitted-paid-fee-says-ita-expired-urgent-help-t349390.0.html;msg4712057#msg4712057
I saw this too but it dates back from 2015. And this glitch still exists!

Skumar76

Jul 15, 2016
This is possible because of different scenario.

have you tried to see the preview of your score after completing your PR application and received error?

HHope8

Mar 4, 2017
Hi Skumar and anyone who may be in this situation,

Important update.

I called CIC today and explained my situation. I was on the phone for more than one hour. Even though I submitted the application, when I look at my profile it says both "submitted" and "invitation received" and I received a Confirmation of Online Application Transmission right after submitting it. However! CIC does not see the submitted application! They see "invitation sent" and they cannot find my application. So, it is definitely a technical issue and the woman said that she and her colleague had never seen this issue before. I told them that I found a thread on the forum from someone that ran into the same problem (this thread). So, please, if you are in this situation, call CIC!!!

As for me they told me that they are going to look into the technical issue but since time is of the essence because my work permit runs out today, that I should either apply for a visitor visa or for a bridging open work permit, and instead of the AOR provide them with a letter of explanation with a detailed explanation and screen shots and anything else to prove that I submitted the application. Because I probably won't get the AOR today. No guarantee that they will accept it but I will apply for the BOWP and hope for the best because this is not an issue on our end, but on theirs.

I hope this helps. Skumar, definitely call them now.

Skumar76

Jul 15, 2016
Hi HHope8,

I called CIC and they told me the same answer as yours, it is an technical issue. I already raised CSE and explained everything to CIC to fix it, hope it will be done soon.

Also others facing the same issue in their profile should talk to CIC and explain the issue then the action will be fast because most of the time CIC prioritize the issue fixing based on number of impacted profiles.

All the best for your BOWP.

Thanks,
Kumar

HHope8 said:
Hi Skumar and anyone who may be in this situation,

Important update.

I called CIC today and explained my situation. I was on the phone for more than one hour. Even though I submitted the application, when I look at my profile it says both "submitted" and "invitation received" and I received a Confirmation of Online Application Transmission right after submitting it. However! CIC does not see the submitted application! They see "invitation sent" and they cannot find my application. So, it is definitely a technical issue and the woman said that she and her colleague had never seen this issue before. I told them that I found a thread on the forum from someone that ran into the same problem (this thread). So, please, if you are in this situation, call CIC!!!

As for me they told me that they are going to look into the technical issue but since time is of the essence because my work permit runs out today, that I should either apply for a visitor visa or for a bridging open work permit, and instead of the AOR provide them with a letter of explanation with a detailed explanation and screen shots and anything else to prove that I submitted the application. Because I probably won't get the AOR today. No guarantee that they will accept it but I will apply for the BOWP and hope for the best because this is not an issue on our end, but on theirs.

I hope this helps. Skumar, definitely call them now.

HHope8

Mar 4, 2017
Skumar76 said:
Hi HHope8,

I called CIC and they told me the same answer as yours, it is an technical issue. I already raised CSE and explained everything to CIC to fix it, hope it will be done soon.

Also others facing the same issue in their profile should talk to CIC and explain the issue then the action will be fast because most of the time CIC prioritize the issue fixing based on number of impacted profiles.

All the best for your BOWP.

Thanks,
Kumar
Thanks Kumar, and we'll see what happens next.

Skumar76

Jul 15, 2016
Friends in this thread,

I received AOR, the status of my application is 'We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you', check yours. All the best. Thanks.

Skumar76 said:
Sure. Thanks.

HHope8

Mar 4, 2017
I received my AOR today too. Last I checked my application status still said "invitation received" so I called CIC and they confirmed that they received it and all is ok. So I suppose it's going to change to "we received your application" any time now.

I also received a private message from another member on the forum who was in the same boat and received the AOR today too - with status "invitation received" but again that should change too.

All the best!