+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People working in financial insitutions applying under CEC. Let's connect.

theguneet

Jan 2, 2015
People who are currently working with any financial insitution like banks etc, applying for express entry under CEC?
Post your CRS score. and share your experiences.

dchen

Jan 25, 2015
i have 388 points as it shows on CIC website. but i think theres something wrong with the Canadian work experience score. i have zero for that factor right now but I should be getting 40 instead. so i think my score should be around ~420 i guess

aspiringme

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Dear All,

I have a query regarding my eligibility for the Express Entry. I had earlier applied for the Permanent Immigration in the year 2008 when an old system of Federal Skilled Worker Class Simplified Application Process was in place. However, my application was returned as new amendments were introduced to the Canadian immigration system. I had applied at that time based on my graduation degree (Bachelor of Computer Applications) the course which I had completed in April, 2004. However, in the intervening period i.e. the period from May 2004 till May 2008 I was doing part time job as a Web Developer with a private company along with that I was pursuing my M.C.A. (Master Of Computer Applications) Full Time Course in the session 2005-2008. Since my completed education at that time was Bachelor's only, hence I opted for the Bachelor's degree in the education field of the simplified application form, and also, as there was no field to specify whether my experience was part time or full time, though in my case it was part time only.

Now, under the express entry system I want to apply based on my experience into the banking sector from May 2009 till date as an Officer (Branch Operations). Therefore, I seek your expert guidance and kindly suggest can I apply under the express entry system based on my Master's Degree which I did not mention in my previous application as it was not completed at that time and my present job experience. Is my misrepresentation in the previous application something which happened out of unawareness be construed an act of commission and withholding information. Kindly clarify.

Looking forward to an early reply on the matter.