+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People who applied for Study Permit LA consulate for Fall 2013?

daniO

Jul 22, 2013
I got a mail from the LA consulate yesterday and they told me they are currently working on study permit applications received on May 22nd; so i guess they are doing the work and hoarding our documents till late in the game in order to be able to mount pressure on the government as regards their strike action- this is what i feel, because how will you defend working on applications of May 22 when folks who submitted in April do not have their docs yet

molotoff1984

Star Member
Jan 11, 2013
daniO

That is controversy, I agree. How can they work on May 22 when there is an evidence that some April applications are not even touched.

Did you get that email in response to your case-specific enquiry? Is your application online? I am not ever responded for mine.

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
daniO said:
I got a mail from the LA consulate yesterday and they told me they are currently working on study permit applications received on May 22nd; so i guess they are doing the work and hoarding our documents till late in the game in order to be able to mount pressure on the government as regards their strike action- this is what i feel, because how will you defend working on applications of May 22 when folks who submitted in April do not have their docs yet
That means they do reply. When did you mail the consulate ? What date??

daniO

Jul 22, 2013
Hi Ssraf,
Check ur mail at crazytweety21 @ gmail.com

Molotoff,
I sent in a real mail and they responded..i think they decided to respond after so many enquiries lol; did paper application May 20

dadadakkkk

Jul 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daniO said:
At least, they responded:)
When did you send the mail?(not the application)

molotoff1984

Star Member
Jan 11, 2013
daniO said:
Hi Ssraf,
Check ur mail at crazytweety21 @ gmail.com

Molotoff,
I sent in a real mail and they responded..i think they decided to respond after so many enquiries lol; did paper application May 20
You mean you sent it by paper to their mail address?

daniO

Jul 22, 2013
Molotoff,
An e-mail was sent to them and they responded ..., I only did my application through paper and it was delivered May 20.. we only need to now wait and see what happens.; they are currently working on applications gotten on May 22 so i guess maybe they will release everything once the government of Canada accepts the arbitration offer placed in her front

bteufel

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In response to PAFSO's offer, Treasury Board has agreed to third party arbitration, under certain conditions.

"These conditions are subject to negotiation confidence and cannot be shared publicly," said Clement in a statement.

Article soon on ipolitics.ca

Twitter: #dipstrike

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
Strike is not Over Yet.......................... When are we going to get Visa ?

filipovic_11

Jul 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I've sent another case specific inquiry today. A few hours later I received an e-mail with a letter attached, stating that my application has been approved.

Best of luck to the rest of you.

molotoff1984

Star Member
Jan 11, 2013
filipovic_11 said:
Hello all,

I've sent another case specific inquiry today. A few hours later I received an e-mail with a letter attached, stating that my application has been approved.

Could you please share a template of your enquiry to CIC? maybe mine didn't look so polite and they ignored me :)

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
filipovic_11 said:
Hello all,

Congrats.. can you share with us the email ?

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
@molotoff1984,@scholar201

Did you guys tried calling the cic call centre ? They can help you as you applied from canada ?

filipovic_11

Jul 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my enquiry, I wrote something like "Please inform me about the status of my application and when approximately its processing will be finalized. My application was received at your Consulate at May 2nd."

A few hours letter I received an email from CIC with the approval letter attached. Letter was dated 7/22 (yesterday) So I guess they were just finished with it.

The e-mail had an UCI number and application number and simply said "please refer to the attached document regarding your application."

thank you all for sharing information and good luck with your applications. Guess somebody's doing some work at LA CHC, so things should work out in the end.

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
filipovic_11 said:
In my enquiry, I wrote something like "Please inform me about the status of my application and when approximately its processing will be finalized. My application was received at your Consulate at May 2nd."

A few hours letter I received an email from CIC with the approval letter attached. Letter was dated 7/22 (yesterday) So I guess they were just finished with it.

The e-mail had an UCI number and application number and simply said "please refer to the attached document regarding your application."
What was the subject of the email ?