+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People who applied for Study Permit LA consulate for Fall 2013?

changgong123

Jun 12, 2013
shradzsaraf said:
Congrats !! what did they say in message ? I think normally they should mail in 3-4 days but don't know. IF your visa is approved then you can visit LA consulate on M_W_F 9-10 am and show them the email and they will return your passport.
Dear XX, This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements: .........

These are main info.

I can visit to pick up my passport? Has anybody done that before? I read online they don't return passport in person.

changgong123

Jun 12, 2013
filipovic_11 said:
daniO,

no developments on that front. i haven't emailed them since the approval letter came in, but I guess I'll email and ask about the package if it doesn't show by end of the week. I booked my trip for the 18th so there should be more than enough time for the package to be sent and delivered but I just wish to get this over with it. Any news for you yet?
Hi filipovic_11,

What's up with your case? You received approval letter, but no passport with it? They just asked me for passport. Are we in the same situation?

BTW, how do you guys save in the google doc? I input my info, but can't find save botton.

filipovic_11

Jul 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
changgong123 said:
Hi filipovic_11,

What's up with your case? You received approval letter, but no passport with it? They just asked me for passport. Are we in the same situation?

BTW, how do you guys save in the google doc? I input my info, but can't find save botton.
Mine -and daniO's- are paper applications so they had our passports this whole time. They e-mailed the approval letters and now we are waiting for the actual physical package we sent them to arrive. In online applications like yours they approve the application then ask for the passport in order to stamp it; in paper ones you send the passport with rest of the application when you apply and just wait :)

dadadakkkk

Jul 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
filipovic_11 said:
Mine -and daniO's- are paper applications so they had our passports this whole time. They e-mailed the approval letters and now we are waiting for the actual physical package we sent them to arrive. In online applications like yours they approve the application then ask for the passport in order to stamp it; in paper ones you send the passport with rest of the application when you apply and just wait :)
HI. I just don't understand that why do they need our passports? What stamp?

filipovic_11

Jul 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daniO said:
filipovic,
Have you heard anything about your package?... when last did you send them a mail?
I received the package in the mail today. Took 11 days from the date the study permit was signed (including the weekend.) Although I am upset that they actually folded my Master's diploma. Well at least I got everything set for my next move. Good luck to you all, God bless.

molotoff1984

Star Member
Jan 11, 2013
filipovic_11 said:
I received the package in the mail today. Took 11 days from the date the study permit was signed (including the weekend.) Although I am upset that they actually folded my Master's diploma. Well at least I got everything set for my next move. Good luck to you all, God bless.
Congratulations ... it took really long time, but at least you got what you needed

filipovic_11

Jul 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
molotoff1984 said:
Congratulations ... it took really long time, but at least you got what you needed
thanks molotoff1984, hope you get good news soon as well, its been long enough.

daniO

Jul 22, 2013
Took delivery of my package 10 minutes ago too... my masters diploma was also folded- which kind of sucks lol; but all is fine afterall.. wish you all the best in your studies.. good news to everyone waiting

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
@filipovic and dani

Congratulations guys!!! I wish we have some more good news today and the coming week :D

changgong123

Jun 12, 2013
filipovic_11 said:
Good news for all of us. At least they're still working on cases. Since you two get the packages on the same day, I guess they print and mail out several passports at one time. I hope mine is in the next turn. BTW, what do they stamp in your passport? Is it a visa or a study permit?

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
changgong123 said:
Good news for all of us. At least they're still working on cases. Since you two get the packages on the same day, I guess they print and mail out several passports at one time. I hope mine is in the next turn. BTW, what do they stamp in your passport? Is it a visa or a study permit?
It would be a visa i suppose. The study permit you will get at the port of entry

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
AMAM said:
Every one hold your breath...as Los angeles consulate was working as a skeleton during two months mounting pressure on government!! As usual as my two friends told be about their case that CIC had start working on their cases which was received on 3rd july. As i am waiting to my money order to cash soon in next week because my file was after 4 days on july 11.
Guys,all of you have a good luck!!
We all have a good news soon.
Thats great news then :D

AMAM

Jul 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/CVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014. App. Rec By CIO 25-8-2014
Doc's Request.
22-05-2015 [PCC,IELTS,FUNDS,EMPLOYMENT] Doc Sent: 12-06-2015
Nomination.....
25-03-2014 (Manitoba)
AOR Received.
29-10-2014 FROM CIO
IELTS Request
22-05-2015
File Transfer...
18-11-2014 to NDVO/23-01-2015 to CVO
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
Interview........
Waived [In Process: 29-07-2015]
Passport Req..
17-08-2015 [Decision Made: 17-08-2015] [PP Submitted: 24-08-2015]
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015 [PP Return: 03-09-2015]
LANDED..........
28-09-2015
Every one hold your breath...as Los angeles consulate was working as a skeleton during two months mounting pressure on government!! As usual as my two friends told be about their case that CIC had start working on their cases which was received on 3rd july. As i am waiting to my money order to cash soon in next week because my file was after 4 days on july 11.
Guys,all of you have a good luck!!
We all have a good news soon.

molotoff1984

Star Member
Jan 11, 2013
it's finally over.. Visa approved on Aug 2, 2013. Got email from Consulate today with attached document, I think it is the same one as for everybody got while approved. Wish you all guys best of luck... especially for those who applied within Canada, cause it is really tough long awaiting... 105 day in total + documents delivery (so far unknown). see spreadsheet for details...