+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pending PR status from other country

facelessx

Apr 6, 2022
Hello,

I hope everyone's keeping safe and well!

My partner and I are currently on work visa in New Zealand, and we have a pending Resident Visa application here as well. We are locals from the Philippines.

We are considering to move to Canada, for various reasons and it seems our best option at the moment is for my partner to study. I guess I want to find our if our pending NZ Resident Visa application will be a red flag when we apply?

My partner has a WES-assessed Bachelor Degree (3 years equivalent) in Hotel and Restaurant Management but after she graduated, she came to NZ and since work as a Healthcare Aide. She earned her HCA qualification through an Accredited Industry Training Organization in NZ while working in the same job.

She is planning to study a Healthcare Aide program, She's been working in the same role for almost 2 years. Will this pose a red flag or negatively impact her chances of getting a Student Permit when she takes this 1 year program? We are considering either Alberta or BC.

I am in the IT field and would like to take advantage of the Tech pathways available.

In as much as we wanted to stay in NZ, the immigration rules has become stringent and have been making visa applicant's lives miserable, I know time is not an ally for either country' when it comes to visa decisions, but I see the pathways available for Canada PR's more straightforward if you have the right documents, qualifications etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I hope everyone's keeping safe and well!

My partner and I are currently on work visa in New Zealand, and we have a pending Resident Visa application here as well. We are locals from the Philippines.

We are considering to move to Canada, for various reasons and it seems our best option at the moment is for my partner to study. I guess I want to find our if our pending NZ Resident Visa application will be a red flag when we apply?

My partner has a WES-assessed Bachelor Degree (3 years equivalent) in Hotel and Restaurant Management but after she graduated, she came to NZ and since work as a Healthcare Aide. She earned her HCA qualification through an Accredited Industry Training Organization in NZ while working in the same job.

She is planning to study a Healthcare Aide program, She's been working in the same role for almost 2 years. Will this pose a red flag or negatively impact her chances of getting a Student Permit when she takes this 1 year program? We are considering either Alberta or BC.

I am in the IT field and would like to take advantage of the Tech pathways available.

In as much as we wanted to stay in NZ, the immigration rules has become stringent and have been making visa applicant's lives miserable, I know time is not an ally for either country' when it comes to visa decisions, but I see the pathways available for Canada PR's more straightforward if you have the right documents, qualifications etc.
If she is already working as a healthcare aide and had studied in NZ to get qualified it makes no sense to apply to a healthcare aide program. The fact that you live in NZ creates issues because you don’t have strong ties to your home country. Choice of degree must make sense based on education and work history and lead to career advancement. You should show that the expense of studying in Canada is justified based on career advancement when you return to your home country. Depending on what type of IT skills you have, how many degrees you have and your IELTS scores that may be your best option to try and secure either a WP or PR. PNP may be an option if your CRS score isn’t high enough.