+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC with arrest info

Clrscr

Nov 29, 2018
Hi
I am interested in applying for Express Entry and I have got the required points to be selected in the pool. But I have a hindrance. Today I received the PCC from FBI which states that my fingerprints results has revealed prior arrest data by ICE agency and the charge as Deportable Alien.

In 2011, as I was the student at TriValley university doing my second masters, USA which got closed down(citing visa fraud by the founder) and my student status was revoked. Prior to attending TriValley university I was a full time student at some other university in USA. As a result, the ICE agency arrested me and put me on the deportation list. The charge on me was that I didn't maintain my student full time status as studying at TriValley university was considered as part time status. I was not kept in detention but had to appear for court hearings. As this was a new case, even the immigration court had no idea how to deal with this situation and they kept postponing my hearing dates. As I didn't see any improvement in my case for three months, I opted for voluntary departure to my home country which they agreed.

I want to know, what are the chances that my application would not be rejected.

Thanks