+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC in India (Delhi or Punjab)

ishpah

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hi

I have my CRS as 473. Waiting for the official mail though for ITA. I wanted to understand one thing if anyone can help please.

This is regarding PCC.

I have been moving for my education and jobs and have spent last 10 years in 4-5 cities in my country.

I got my passport renewed recently in March 2016 from my hometown in Punjab, India (My passport has my hometown address), whereas I live in Delhi for last 1 year, shall I get my PCC from my hometown in Punjab or Delhi? The CIC website says that the residents of Punjab need to go to SSP and all and it takes 3 weeks, whereas residents of Delhi need to fill only an online form and it will be done in 4-5 days.

Will it be a problem if my PCC and Passport address are different since I recently got my passport renewed from my hometown? Also, if I get my PCC done from Punjab but my travel history will have Delhi as my current location which is different from my recently renewed passport address. I am very confused. Please help.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
As you have stayed in Delhi too. Best for you is get a PCC from Passport Seva Kendra (PSK). The PSK PCC covers all India.

Reactions: Adanac11

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
manidhatt said:
As you have stayed in Delhi too. Best for you is get a PCC from Passport Seva Kendra (PSK). The PSK PCC covers all India.
Yes always get it from PSK, There are rejections based on PCC when applicants tried to get it from a particular city.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ishpah said:
Hi

I have my CRS as 473. Waiting for the official mail though for ITA. I wanted to understand one thing if anyone can help please.

This is regarding PCC.

I have been moving for my education and jobs and have spent last 10 years in 4-5 cities in my country.

I got my passport renewed recently in March 2016 from my hometown in Punjab, India (My passport has my hometown address), whereas I live in Delhi for last 1 year, shall I get my PCC from my hometown in Punjab or Delhi? The CIC website says that the residents of Punjab need to go to SSP and all and it takes 3 weeks, whereas residents of Delhi need to fill only an online form and it will be done in 4-5 days.

Will it be a problem if my PCC and Passport address are different since I recently got my passport renewed from my hometown? Also, if I get my PCC done from Punjab but my travel history will have Delhi as my current location which is different from my recently renewed passport address. I am very confused. Please help.
Get it from PSK, as they do not mention any specific geography and it will be sufficient for your stay across different places in India. But if you get it from SSP, then they mention the specific geography for which it applies and this will not suffice for each of the geographies that you have resided.

singh_maninder

Jan 5, 2016
ishpah said:
Hi

This is regarding PCC.

Get it from PSK(Passport Sewa Kendra) - Punjab Office. Apply online and take your passport with you . No need to mention current address . Just needed permanent address on which the passport is issued .

ppahuja

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ishpah said:
Hi

This is regarding PCC.

Get it from PSK falling in your jurisdiction. Since, you just got your new passport in March 2016, you will be able to get your PCC same day as your appointment. Specify address mentioned as in your passport only, do not tell anything about Delhi.
Good Luck!!

ishpah

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Stanlee said:
Get it from PSK, as they do not mention any specific geography and it will be sufficient for your stay across different places in India. But if you get it from SSP, then they mention the specific geography for which it applies and this will not suffice for each of the geographies that you have resided.
Thanks Stanlee, but which PSK - Delhi or Punjab (hometown)?

GSinghP

Oct 30, 2015
I know at least 5-6 similar case (including me) who stayed in various parts of India and still living outside Punjab but we got the PCC from SSP office and got the PPR.

That being said, PSK is a better option as we have seen some cases as described by Maninder. We came to know about PSK PCC after submitting the file.

ishpah

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
GSinghP said:
I know at least 5-6 similar case (including me) who stayed in various parts of India and still living outside Punjab but we got the PCC from SSP office and got the PPR.

That being said, PSK is a better option as we have seen some cases as described by Maninder. We came to know about PSK PCC after submitting the file.
Thanks mate. I checked on CIC website, it says if you are in Punjab, get it from SSP of your district. Mine is Patiala.
But I stay in Delhi. I was about to book an appointment with PSK, but got confused if I should get it from PSK-Delhi or PSK-Chandigarh, from where my passport was issued last month?

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ishpah said:
Thanks mate. I checked on CIC website, it says if you are in Punjab, get it from SSP of your district. Mine is Patiala.
But I stay in Delhi. I was about to book an appointment with PSK, but got confused if I should get it from PSK-Delhi or PSK-Chandigarh, from where my passport was issued last month?
PSK is a federal office. You can approach any office to get your PCC.

GSinghP

Oct 30, 2015
ishpah said:
same case here.. patiale to hi karai c mein PCC but I would recommend the passport office that issued your passport. According to some, you should get the PCC on the same day if your passport is issued within an year. Best of luck.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can go to any PSK as your passport information in their database is shared by PSKs in different location.
http://www.onemint.com/2015/07/05/how-to-apply-for-a-police-clearance-certificate-for-a-passport-or-visa/
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-process-for-Police-Clearance-Certificate-in-India

Reactions: CHECKSUM