+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC GURGAON, India

TC21

Jun 17, 2015
Hi.

We have got ITA in the last draw and was looking at filling extra info asked by CIC. Couple of questions

1. It asks for all the places where we have stayed in last 10 years. While I can provide that, will it require PCC on all those? I have been staying at my current address for more than 4 years

2. For PCC in Gurgaon, how does one proceed? Via passport office or contacting local police station/secretariat??

vsgautam

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-10-2015
Passport Req..
19 March 2016
TC21 said:
Hi.

We have got ITA in the last draw and was looking at filling extra info asked by CIC. Couple of questions

1. It asks for all the places where we have stayed in last 10 years. While I can provide that, will it require PCC on all those? I have been staying at my current address for more than 4 years

For India, only one PCC no matter wherever you have stayed in India

2. For PCC in Gurgaon, how does one proceed? Via passport office or contacting local police station/secretariat??

refer to https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp, register online and go to PSK in Udyog Vihar

TC21

Jun 17, 2015
thanks Gautam. However my confusion arises because on CIC website PCC from passport office is only valid for residents of Delhi.

"If you live in India:
For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your District.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local District Police Station.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local District Police Station or online on the Delhi Police website or on the Passport India website. The Web site will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically."

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
You need to apply through Passport office only. There isn't any other option, doesn't where you stay in India.

Thanks
Silvi

mvd

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In case, I'm the permanent resident of some other state other than Delhi but residing in Delhi for past 3 years. Do I have to get PCC from Delhi or my home city local police station.

kindly clarify.

Thanks

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
mvd said:
In case, I'm the permanent resident of some other state other than Delhi but residing in Delhi for past 3 years. Do I have to get PCC from Delhi or my home city local police station.

kindly clarify.

Thanks
Forget about local police station(This was acceptable many years back not now). PCC gets issued from Passport Office only.
You will get PCC from same passport office of a city whose address is mentioned in your passport.
If you wan't to take pcc from Delhi, then delhi address should be there in your passport. Else get it done from your home state.

Silvi

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Doesn't matter where your permanent address is. Wherever you are staying right now, go to the nearest passport office and they will issue you a PCC. remember PCC is not for a state or so. It covers all criminal records across the country.

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Silvi6 said:
Forget about local police station(This was acceptable many years back not now). PCC gets issued from Passport Office only.
You will get PCC from same passport office of a city whose address is mentioned in your passport.
If you wan't to take pcc from Delhi, then delhi address should be there in your passport. Else get it done from your home state.

Silvi
Silvi,

PCC is issued by police as well. And this the requirement by CIC. Other than Delhi folks, all Indians have to get it via Police and not PSK. This is what CIC site says.
Rest is upto you on what you want to follow.

http://gurgaon.haryanapolice.gov.in/police-clearance-certificate.htm

TC21

Jun 17, 2015
Yeah. That's what my confusion is. On CIC website it mentions to get from local police station( as mentioned in my earlier post)

Has anyone staying outside Delhi got it done via passport office?

chad_80

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Mississauga, ON
NOC Code......
Hi

I had got the PCC done last year via Police Station. It takes only a day (if you pay a little extra ;) ) where they will give you in-hand. I think the actual process take a couple of weeks. But recently it seems everyone is opting to apply via passport office. So even I am confused.

linsub

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
3113 - Dentists
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
AOR Received.
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
29-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4-11-2015
Yes, it would be very helpful if somebody who has got PPR would verify that a PCC issued by a passport office for residents outside delhi is accepted by CIC.

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Jkal said:
Silvi,

PCC is issued by police as well. And this the requirement by CIC. Other than Delhi folks, all Indians have to get it via Police and not PSK. This is what CIC site says.
Rest is upto you on what you want to follow.

http://gurgaon.haryanapolice.gov.in/police-clearance-certificate.htm
Thanks Jkal.

Then I think I made a blunder. I have already submitted my application with PCC issued from Passport Office and I am from Punjab.

Silvi

chad_80

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Mississauga, ON
NOC Code......
TC21 said:
So I believe the verdict is to get it from local police station.
Hi TC21, Have you gone ahead with the PCC from local police station? Can you please let us know your experience on the procedure?