PCC from Indian Consulate Chicago

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
Hi @appar and @pk46 ,

While sending documents,
1. Did you guys complete top part of personal particulars form where it asks for FROM/TO?
2. Did you guys send original passport?

Thanks,
Mohan
1) I didn't have to fill any personal particulars form
2) Yes I did send my original passport

Rama08

Aug 23, 2018
When to visit the consulate in person do they take your passport and keep it with them till processing? And is there an option to pick up the certificate and passport after its done instead of getting it mailed?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
When to visit the consulate in person do they take your passport and keep it with them till processing? And is there an option to pick up the certificate and passport after its done instead of getting it mailed?
If you're going in person they will return the passport. You have to between 9:30AM to 12:30PM. And yes you can pick the certificate in person.

Rama08

Aug 23, 2018
Thank you so much. Though i heard chicago consulate does not do same day i recived my pcc on the same day. Applied at 10:30 and was asked to come back at 3:30. Do they stamp your passport in chicago consulate? Because i do not have any stamp on my passport.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you so much. Though i heard chicago consulate does not do same day i recived my pcc on the same day. Applied at 10:30 and was asked to come back at 3:30. Do they stamp your passport in chicago consulate? Because i do not have any stamp on my passport.
No stamp.

kingmourya

Mar 28, 2014
Just my rant/frustration --- I applied for PCC at Chicago consulate almost 4 weeks ago. Apparently they sent my application to RPO in India and it will take minimum 30 days to get the PCC. There is no communication on maximum/nominal timing. Chicago consulate provided me my application reference number so that I can follow up with RPO. I tried emailing/twitting/ sending relatives to the RPO but no response. I am just disappointed -how horrible bureaucratic this process is especially when we are boasting of improvement /digital India. After reading all these posts, it seems is a lot of variation in processing timing ;) ... and no proper way to track the progress or accountability on Indian Mission Abroad's behalf.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Just my rant/frustration --- I applied for PCC at Chicago consulate almost 4 weeks ago. Apparently they sent my application to RPO in India and it will take minimum 30 days to get the PCC. There is no communication on maximum/nominal timing. Chicago consulate provided me my application reference number so that I can follow up with RPO. I tried emailing/twitting/ sending relatives to the RPO but no response. I am just disappointed -how horrible bureaucratic this process is especially when we are boasting of improvement /digital India. After reading all these posts, it seems is a lot of variation in processing timing ;) ... and no proper way to track the progress or accountability on Indian Mission Abroad's behalf.

I understand your pain. Chicago consulate won’t provide you any updates. I was in a a similar situation. My pcc came after 7 weeks. Also RPO never reply to email and I never could get through over phone. Only option is to ask someone to follow up in person.

kingmourya

Mar 28, 2014
I understand your pain. Chicago consulate won’t provide you any updates. I was in a a similar situation. My pcc came after 7 weeks. Also RPO never reply to email and I never could get through over phone. Only option is to ask someone to follow up in person.
Thank you. I really appreciate your response.
Will keep requesting my relatives to follow up with the RPO in person and hope for a quicker turn around.

kingmourya

Mar 28, 2014
One more thing you can try is reaching out to your local police station. They can tell you if they have received a request from the RPO or not.
I have already tried reaching out the local police station. They did not receive a request from the RPO.
I was reading on a website that if we live outside India and apply PCC at a consulate then there won't be physical police verification and RPO will take a decision. Not sure how much I can trust this but some of the other information seems accurate on that website.
(Here is the website link: https://www.am22tech.com/indian-police-clearance-certificate/)

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I have already tried reaching out the local police station. They did not receive a request from the RPO.
I was reading on a website that if we live outside India and apply PCC at a consulate then there won't be physical police verification and RPO will take a decision. Not sure how much I can trust this but some of the other information seems accurate on that website.
(Here is the website link: https://www.am22tech.com/indian-police-clearance-certificate/)
This is not true. It all depends whether RPO has your information on file. They may have it or they may not. In case they can’t your information a fresh police verification is done.

kingmourya

Mar 28, 2014
This is not true. It all depends whether RPO has your information on file. They may have it or they may not. In case they can’t your information a fresh police verification is done.
Ah okay. I will keep in touch with the police station as well. thank you.

veroshnd

Oct 20, 2018
Hey everyone,

I mailed by documents for the Indian pcc a couple of weeks ago but my return mail tracking still hasn't updated. I don't know how to track the progress of the pcc and when I tried to call the menu just keeps redirecting me to the same main menu. Does anyone have a number that works or some tips on how I can find out what's happening with the pcc?