+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Payment through credit card

selvinsahaya

Jul 1, 2014
Gentlemen - generally when i try to pay online through credit card, apart from the details mentioned in the "Credit card section" in the fee payment form, VISA asks me to authorize the transaction through an additional password--- how does it work for the processing fee charging here ?

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
selvinsahaya said:
Gentlemen - generally when i try to pay online through credit card, apart from the details mentioned in the "Credit card section" in the fee payment form, VISA asks me to authorize the transaction through an additional password--- how does it work for the processing fee charging here ?
These security features do not affect charging of the processing fee by the CIO as it is not an online payment through a web form. I also have a 3DSecure technology with my MasterCard and it always works fine when some organization charges it using the card number, my name and expiry date provided. They will even have your CVV code provided in the form.

faisal892

May 11, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2010
Doc's Request.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
April 16, 2013
Med's Done....
May 23, 2013
Please do not take the risk by paying through credit card that require authorization before transaction is completed. In February 2010 I submitted my application and opted to pay through credit card. My credit card issuing company requires me to call them each time I have to make online transaction and they unblock it for a certain time period during which I can make online payments. CIC attempted to charge my card but since it required authorization the transaction was declined. CIC returned application to me then and I had to reapply. This is what I experienced.

Faisal

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
Here we talk about password or SMS authorization. These have no impact on the processing fee charging.
If you have online or international transactions blocked or there's some sophisticated mechanism than it is a good idea to clarify this issue with your bank prior to sending the application.

ayokanmi

Jan 24, 2012
faisal892 said:
Please do not take the risk by paying through credit card that require authorization before transaction is completed. In February 2010 I submitted my application and opted to pay through credit card. My credit card issuing company requires me to call them each time I have to make online transaction and they unblock it for a certain time period during which I can make online payments. CIC attempted to charge my card but since it required authorization the transaction was declined. CIC returned application to me then and I had to reapply. This is what I experienced.

Faisal
So, how do you advise one pay for the application? Someone also spoke against using a bank draft. Pls advise. Tnx