+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Payment by visa debit card-Please clarify

A

abbasbd

Is visa debit card acceptable for FSW application? Has anyone used visa debit card from UK.I heard it is but want to be 100% sure.Please clarify thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
A Visa Card -whatever type, is a Visa Electron Card... so it perfectly works like a Standard Visa Credit Card. All such Visa, Mastercard, Amex etc. are 'usable' for paying anything 'online'. Thus, the fees of CIC too.

Relax & go ahead with your Visa Debit Card.
Qorax

A

abbasbd

Hi Qorax thanks for the reply but i am wondering how they proceed without 3 digit security code coz whenever we make transection with visa debit card it ask for the 3 digit security code.

thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
1. Till now I have 'never' been asked for any security code anywhere in the world, while using my credit cards.
2. And I am using these since 16yrs now.
3. Moreover, in the Credit Card form of the CIC, there's no place to mention that as well -in I'm not mistaken.

Qorax

mostafa_samiee

Star Member
Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus, Syria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
qorax said:
1. Till now I have 'never' been asked for any security code anywhere in the world, while using my credit cards.
2. And I am using these since 16yrs now.
3. Moreover, in the Credit Card form of the CIC, there's no place to mention that as well -in I'm not mistaken.

Qorax
My boss has paied for my FSW fee but when I asked him to check and see wether or not the money is debited he saied at the date we paied online it was subtracted. Do you know how can we check to see the money is debited or not.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mostafa_samiee said:
My boss has paied for my FSW fee but when I asked him to check and see wether or not the money is debited he saied at the date we paied online it was subtracted. Do you know how can we check to see the money is debited or not.
You can check in your transaction system and if i am not wrong you have given the credit card details in the payment form so how come you have paid it online ??

Regards
Saki

mostafa_samiee

Star Member
Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus, Syria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
saki said:
You can check in your transaction system and if i am not wrong you have given the credit card details in the payment form so how come you have paid it online ??

Regards
Saki
where is this transaction system. which link ? the point is that I have whole information except its password because it is not mine. Still I like to have the linke by which we can check it? tanx

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mostafa_samiee said:
where is this transaction system. which link ? the point is that I have whole information except its password because it is not mine. Still I like to have the linke by which we can check it? tanx
When i say transaction means account statement which your boss received on monthly basis and if he has a net banking then you can check the transaction online.

I think we are misunderstanding here. Did you put the credit card details on the payment form when you submitted the forms or did you make the payment online which is unlikely to me ?

Regards
Saki

obho0001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/10/2009
Doc's Request.
02/12/2009
AOR Received.
02/12/2009
File Transfer...
10/12/2009
Med's Request
05/08/2010
Med's Done....
17/08/2010
Passport Req..
26/04/2011
LANDED..........
21/06/2011
Hi

If your boss has filled in the Cerdit Card payment form on your bahalf, ask him to provide you with a card transaction statement which he can obtain from his card issuer/bank/ATM. Only the card holder can obtain this, in your case your boss. If the Canadian High Commission has already debited the money from the card, this will be shown on the transaction reports. As Saki has already mentioned, with most banks it is possible to look at the transaction records online, using internet banking. You can ask your boss to look at his card/bank account statement online and perhaps to get a print out of this.

If you think you or your boss will feel embarrased at your request, you can always wait for the CHC to get back to you. Or you can write to the CHC and ask them if they have received this.

mostafa_samiee

Star Member
Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus, Syria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
saki said:
When i say transaction means account statement which your boss received on monthly basis and if he has a net banking then you can check the transaction online.

I think we are misunderstanding here. Did you put the credit card details on the payment form when you submitted the forms or did you make the payment online which is unlikely to me ?

Regards
Saki
I went to their websit and click below links respectively ----> pay my application fee ------->pay my fees online --------> continue --------> continue ------------> immigration ----------> then shoosed --------------> Sydney, Nova Scotia (Canada) processing centre and contniue ------------------> I confirm the location and continue ------------------> choosed : Other classes of applicants - Live In Care Givers & Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds ------> and submit then I recieve a cic recipt by e-mail and print it out and attch it with other forms (and also details of my boss visa card was filled in those form). Did I make any mistake. whenever I aske my boss does the money got debitd he respond me it debited on the first date when we used the cic website. I am totally confused ???

kashiawan

Mar 7, 2010
Guys i am in a same boat, have to pay additinal fee for my babies for the application which i have submitted in Oct-2007 at London office. Now have to send ou full documents to COP-Ottwa under 120 days.

But if you reffer the notes it shows details below , so i am bit confused too. please help

"Methods of paymentApplications mailed to our office or dropped off in our drop box:

The fees accompanying a permanent residence application must be paid using a Bank Draft / Bank Cheque in Canadian dollars. Do not submit cash."

This office does NOT accept:

Cash sent by mail or placed in the drop box
Uncertified personal cheques
Company cheques
British pound drafts drawn on foreign banks
Canadian postal orders
Euro-cheques
Credit or debit cards
Canadian dollar drafts where the “clearing bank” is not in Canada (check with your bank if you are unsure)
Currency other than Canadian dollars or British pounds "

Thanks

Kashif

kabayan

Apr 28, 2010
CANADA
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-20-2010
Doc's Request.
10-18-2010; 2nd(September 2014)
AOR Received.
1st 10-18-2010; 2nd(London VO) 06-16-2011
IELTS Request
10-29/30-2010
File Transfer...
May 2012
Med's Request
October 2014
Med's Done....
October 2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014 ADVO RCvD on 23-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
Jan 2015
mostafa_samiee said:
I went to their websit and click below links respectively ----> pay my application fee ------->pay my fees online --------> continue --------> continue ------------> immigration ----------> then shoosed --------------> Sydney, Nova Scotia (Canada) processing centre and contniue ------------------> I confirm the location and continue ------------------> choosed : Other classes of applicants - Live In Care Givers & Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds ------> and submit then I recieve a cic recipt by e-mail and print it out and attch it with other forms (and also details of my boss visa card was filled in those form). Did I make any mistake. whenever I aske my boss does the money got debitd he respond me it debited on the first date when we used the cic website. I am totally confused ???
if you are applying as fsw, and sent the application to ns, then you should only fill up the payment form included in the applcaition pack, there is no option for online payment for us...

kashiawan

Mar 7, 2010
Thanks for your reply

but lndon office has requested to send full documents to Ottawa for speed up process, so what u advice me should i send fee to london office with covering letter or directly to ottawa office.

Need help

mostafa_samiee

Star Member
Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus, Syria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
mostafa_samiee said:
I am waiting for you Sakie.
If it is like that kabayan saied it seems that I have paied 1100 $ sdditional and confirmation to pay my application fee both.
I have lost 1100$. ??? one month of my salary has gone to nowhere. please ensure me.

kabayan

Apr 28, 2010
CANADA
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-20-2010
Doc's Request.
10-18-2010; 2nd(September 2014)
AOR Received.
1st 10-18-2010; 2nd(London VO) 06-16-2011
IELTS Request
10-29/30-2010
File Transfer...
May 2012
Med's Request
October 2014
Med's Done....
October 2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014 ADVO RCvD on 23-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
Jan 2015
mostafa_samiee said:
I am waiting for you Sakie.
If it is like that kabayan saied it seems that I have paied 1100 $ sdditional and confirmation to pay my application fee both.
I have lost 1100$. ??? one month of my salary has gone to nowhere. please ensure me.
this is noted on the website;
New:
1) All applicants in the Federal Skilled Worker Class, must submit their initial application to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Canada as of April 1, 2009.

2) Applicants who apply on or after September 08, 2009, are now able to pay with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express). All applicants need to complete the Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence – Federal Skilled Worker (IMM 5620), regardless of the chosen method of payment.

Note: Applications received prior to September 8, 2009, do not require the fee payment form (IMM 5620).

from: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

...You might want to send in a letter of explanation to CIC for refund, sending over proof of payment(your boss' card statement), then you might also want to rectify your application