+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paying 490$ Perm.Res for my fiancee,even if she is not accompany me when landing

samisnunu

Oct 23, 2008
I received a letter from the Canadian embassy in Damascus-Syria, telling me to pay (490$CAD x2) for me and my fiancée, for Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence in Canada
I added my fiancée in my immigration application, and check marked that option to say she is not accompany me when landing, as she is now a university student in the Florida, USA.

so they ordered me to do the medical examination , both me and my fiancée.(that's fine as the rules says even if she is not accompanying me, she has to do the medical examination.)

I sent Email and fax to the Canadian embassy in Syria about this since 2 weeks ago , but no answer yet. And I have only less than a month for the 90 days notice period to submit the payment, the embassy warned me about.

so , Should I pay 490$ for me and my fiancée(total = 980$)??

Appreciate your advice.

Sami Snunu

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she still wants to get PR, you should pay for her and she can land later. If she is not interested anymore, you can tell CIC that she does not want her PR and you pay only for yourself.

dbx

Oct 24, 2008
I've just submitted my application to Damascus.

Can you tell me how long it took you to get to this stage?

Thanks.

samisnunu

Oct 23, 2008
Thanks Leon for your reply, yes she wants to be a PR, but later when she finished her university.ok then I'll pay the 980$CAD for me and her to be PRs.

Sami

samisnunu

Oct 23, 2008
dbx said:
I've just submitted my application to Damascus.

Can you tell me how long it took you to get to this stage?

Thanks.
Well, dbx,I submitted my application to Quebec, since I'm fluent in French, since Jan.,2006. at that time the processing was too slow. recentley, I heared that Canada embassy in Damascus transfer excess applications to canada directly, some of my friends who sent their application after meby 6 months, and won their interview just last month, this means that proccessing of applications is getting faster than before.

any way, I wish you best luck..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samisnunu said:
Thanks Leon for your reply, yes she wants to be a PR, but later when she finished her university.ok then I'll pay the 980$CAD for me and her to be PRs.

Sami
Ok, she just has to land before the PR visa expires but she can leave again as long as she doesn't live outside Canada for more than 1095 days (3 years) in any 5 year period.

alomansi

Oct 9, 2008
CAMEROON
Category........
Visa Office......
abidjan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
september 2009
Med's Request
january 2010
Med's Done....
12th january 2010
that was a powerful one they Sami. i strongly bleive it will go a long way to help those who have not yet reach that stage. God will reward u a thousand folds.

sami, I just have one question to ask u; i attended my own interview for the province of quebec it is soon getting to 5 months but i have received no reply yet and i have become so disturbed. Can i conclude that i have automatically been accepted or I might still receive a negative response after this long silence? for how long will i continue to wait because i learnt quebec was the fastest means.

please share your experience with me and others who mimght be in the same situation