Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
You were right! It's been activated! Expected delivery is Tuesday by 4:30pm :eek: ;D

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
KiniXie said:
Do you know processing time for PRTD?
I tried looking on your behalf under the processing times section of the CIC website but it doesn't show anything under PRTD..

I have heard it doesn't take very long..its done in a matter of a week or two...but don't hold me to it...

I would suggest calling CIC or emailing them...to get a proper response

hope this helps!!

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
lazybone said:
I tried looking on your behalf under the processing times section of the CIC website but it doesn't show anything under PRTD..

I have heard it doesn't take very long..its done in a matter of a week or two...but don't hold me to it...

I would suggest calling CIC or emailing them...to get a proper response

hope this helps!!
Just to add to what lazybone has said, please note that the website says the following: "A travel document is normally only valid for one single entry." You mentioned something about tansits (plural), so maybe that's something to keep in mind.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
VictorCA said:
Just to add to what lazybone has said, please note that the website says the following: "A travel document is normally only valid for one single entry." You mentioned something about tansits (plural), so maybe that's something to keep in mind.
Correct! Single entry into Canada

the OP must be talking about transiting from different countries...for example- lets say I am thru booked from India to Canada...if I board a plane from India and land in USA(if I have US VISA) and catch another connecting flight to Canada... now when I board the plane at India...they wont let me board unless I have PRTD...

assuming that's what the OP meant

RG_Ind

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 20 2016
AOR Received.
Apr 20 2016
Med's Request
May 05 2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
Passport Req..
Oct 18 2016
Hey Guys, I have plans to travel back to my home country in four weeks from now. But not sure which way I should go! Correct me if am wrong and Let me know what you guys think :)

1. Do Flag pole and start the PR Card process now (my understanding is that the PR Card process will start automatic when I do the flagpole). Ask my buddy to get the PR Card and
forward to me, then come in as a returning PR(Can even try to request for a fast processing, but not sure about getting it done!)

2. Do Flag pole and leave after starting the PR Card process and come back with the PRTD(PR Travel Document)

3. Leave Canada, come back with the PRTD from India and get the stamp when I come back in February, then apply for the PR Card (I read somewhere that If am inside Canada, I
may not be eligible to apply for PRTD until I finish initial my Landing. Also not sure if I have to apply for PR Card or do the stamping within certain days)

4. As a last resort, cross the border in a private vehicle from US (I do have US Visa)

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
lazybone said:
Congratulations buddy!!! :)

What plans for landing??
Thank you! I think I'm going to quit my job, take some time off for the holidays to be with my family, and then move/land around mid-January :)

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
My passport is already in my city but FedEx won't deliver it until Tuesday!! I called them to see if I could go pick it up but they said it's in an unsorted container or whatever. Well, at least it's here already! If they hurry up, maybe I'll have it by Monday :D

KiniXie said:
Thanks Victor

Do you have any plans for applying PRTD?
Probably not, KiniXie. If I land in mid-January as planned, I would land for good. Although now I'm thinking about landing in December so I can be living in the country by the time they open the applications for parent/grandparent sponsorship. You have to be living in the country to sponsor them and they're only accepting 10,000 applications as of 3-Jan. I'm guessing they'll run out really quickly. If I don't land before then, I'd have to wait until next year to sponsor them...

Anyway, if I do that, I would be visiting my parents for the holidays (Christmas and New Years'), so I would need a PRTD to go back to CA. So idk, I'm still doing some research to see what the best option is.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
RG_Ind said:
Hey Guys, I have plans to travel back to my home country in four weeks from now. But not sure which way I should go! Correct me if am wrong and Let me know what you guys think :)

1. Do Flag pole and start the PR Card process now (my understanding is that the PR Card process will start automatic when I do the flagpole). Ask my buddy to get the PR Card and
forward to me, then come in as a returning PR(Can even try to request for a fast processing, but not sure about getting it done!)

2. Do Flag pole and leave after starting the PR Card process and come back with the PRTD(PR Travel Document)

3. Leave Canada, come back with the PRTD from India and get the stamp when I come back in February, then apply for the PR Card (I read somewhere that If am inside Canada, I
may not be eligible to apply for PRTD until I finish initial my Landing. Also not sure if I have to apply for PR Card or do the stamping within certain days)

4. As a last resort, cross the border in a private vehicle from US (I do have US Visa)
Hey RG

Firstly, let me clarify that flagpoling is for those who don't have US VISA and those who have it, cross the border and come back into Canada to land as PR..

Having said that,

option 3 is invalid as you stated above..

option 1 2 and 4 are all valid options but 2 things to keep in mind

1. Validity of your COPR and medicals-the day by which you have to land (this option is not mentioned), if this date is valid for a long time, you can complete your travels and land as a PR..
2. Getting PRC(incase of option 1)- you will get your PRC by Feb for sure..however although couriers are safe...IF its gets lost, its a tedious process to apply and another waiting game so I would advise against it...

option 2...most viable option and option 4 least viable due to cost of transportation to cross border..

hope this helps!

suggestion: check VFS process times for PRTD from India and you can also apply for PRTD from inside Canada...AFAIK, it takes less than 4 weeks (before you plan to leave)...

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
lazybones (or anyone who knows), do you know if the time by which you must enter the country on the CoPR is tied to the expiration date of your medicals? I took my medicals back on Jan 8 and I know that they're only valid for one year....is it safe to assume that I will have to enter the country by next Jan 8 at the latest?

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
lazybone said:
Hey RG

Firstly, let me clarify that flagpoling is for those who don't have US VISA and those who have it, cross the border and come back into Canada to land as PR..

Having said that,

1. Validity of your COPR and medicals-the day by which you have to land (this option is not mentioned), if this date is valid for a long time, you can complete your travels and land as a PR..
2. Getting PRC(incase of option 1)- you will get your PRC by Feb for sure..however although couriers are safe...IF its gets lost, its a tedious process to apply and another waiting game so I would advise against it...

option 2...most viable option and option 4 least viable due to cost of transportation to cross border..

hope this helps!

suggestion: check VFS process times for PRTD from India and you can also apply for PRTD from inside Canada...AFAIK, it takes less than 4 weeks (before you plan to leave)...
i have a US visa, i still flagpoled with out technically entering US. Just picked a rejected paper from US immigration officer by telling him im flagpoling, so he didnt really process me as an entrant, and asked me to head back to CA immigration with rejection letter

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
zezu said:
i have a US visa, i still flagpoled with out technically entering US. Just picked a rejected paper from US immigration officer by telling him im flagpoling, so he didnt really process me as an entrant, and asked me to head back to CA immigration with rejection letter
hey z

agreed with you...you had both options..dont really make a difference...i was pointing out the difference between landing with or with out US VISA... flagpoling is the term used to describe when you dont have your US VISA...

in my case, I crossed the Canadian border into "no mans land" between US and Canada and drove back to Canada for landing...so I didnt have to go to the US Side to cross over or get an adm refusal...both my spouse and me have US Visas as well...

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
VictorCA said:
lazybones (or anyone who knows), do you know if the time by which you must enter the country on the CoPR is tied to the expiration date of your medicals? I took my medicals back on Jan 8 and I know that they're only valid for one year....is it safe to assume that I will have to enter the country by next Jan 8 at the latest?
the COPR and the VISA issued on your passport will have an expiry date...thats the "real" date by which you gotta land buddy :)

RG_Ind

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 20 2016
AOR Received.
Apr 20 2016
Med's Request
May 05 2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
Passport Req..
Oct 18 2016
lazybone said:
Hey RG

Having said that,

hope this helps!

Thanks Lazybone, I preferably going to go with the 2nd option "Do Flag pole and leave after starting the PR Card process and come back with the PRTD"

At the same time am just wondering if could leave now and come back using my New Single Entry PR Visa from my home country just like all other new
immigrants as long my new PR Visa and Medical are valid (both are Valid until March 29th 2017). My understanding is that I will be just following IRCC
requirement of leaving the country and re entering to become PR. And I don't need to worry about either PR Card or PRTD.