+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa - October 2016

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lazybone said:
Yes- it will be mentioned in the instructions...By the way- Congratulations Wen!! Well done!! :)
Really? I don't see anywhere mentioning to include the ppr email. But will include just in case. Thanks!

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Guys, I have a problem.

I received C OPR this morning but it has wrong date of birth on it. I was reading instruction letter it says for any error - you have to send passport and COPR back and they will re-issue it. I also read somewhere here on different thread - you can still go for landing and border officer will rectify it; given proper evidence for any clerical error.

Just wondering if any of you have any further knowledge or experience in it

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hammer said:
Guys, I have a problem.

I received C OPR this morning but it has wrong date of birth on it. I was reading instruction letter it says for any error - you have to send passport and COPR back and they will re-issue it. I also read somewhere here on different thread - you can still go for landing and border officer will rectify it; given proper evidence for any clerical error.

Just wondering if any of you have any further knowledge or experience in it
Call cic brother..

amusingfirefly

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2016
LANDED..........
24-11-2016
Landed last night at Toronto Pearson.

Just giving some details to help the rest when they do it.

The line at Pearson was very long. It took about an hour or more to get to the officer. Once after reaching the officer, it went really fast. It was a maximum of 5 minutes. The office did not look at any other documents other than CoPR and Passport. He did ask where are you working now, to which I verbally answered. There were no other questions asked, no PoF required, nothing. He gave me my CoPR copy (called Landing Papers from now on) and told me to keep them safe as they are my landing papers. And then congratulated me on Permanent Residency.

About travelling now that I don't have a PR card and am waiting for it (the time required is 6 weeks apparently), he said that the problem is only on the side of the airlines, which may not let you board. With regards to Canada Immigration, there is no issue of travelling without the PR card, because they verify your status in the airport once you're in Canada. So he said if you leave and get someone to mail you your card, that will still be fine.

After that, in Pearson there are a few Service Canada booths which have the facility to get a new SIN immediately. There was another wait for an hour there to get that, but once that was done (again very straight forward), I was good. Huge relief and glad to be done with this long arduous process!

Thank you so much lazybone, zezu, and the rest who guided me along in the last few months. I couldn't have been sleeping if not for you.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
amusingfirefly said:
Landed last night at Toronto Pearson.

Just giving some details to help the rest when they do it.

The line at Pearson was very long. It took about an hour or more to get to the officer. Once after reaching the officer, it went really fast. It was a maximum of 5 minutes. The office did not look at any other documents other than CoPR and Passport. He did ask where are you working now, to which I verbally answered. There were no other questions asked, no PoF required, nothing. He gave me my CoPR copy (called Landing Papers from now on) and told me to keep them safe as they are my landing papers. And then congratulated me on Permanent Residency.

About travelling now that I don't have a PR card and am waiting for it (the time required is 6 weeks apparently), he said that the problem is only on the side of the airlines, which may not let you board. With regards to Canada Immigration, there is no issue of travelling without the PR card, because they verify your status in the airport once you're in Canada. So he said if you leave and get someone to mail you your card, that will still be fine.

After that, in Pearson there are a few Service Canada booths which have the facility to get a new SIN immediately. There was another wait for an hour there to get that, but once that was done (again very straight forward), I was good. Huge relief and glad to be done with this long arduous process!

Thank you so much lazybone, zezu, and the rest who guided me along in the last few months. I couldn't have been sleeping if not for you.
You are welcome!! :)

Congratulations buddy!!!!! :)

Best wishes!!!

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
Hi,

Anybody sent their passport from Toronto to Ottawa past weeks for the COPR ? how long it has been taking ?

Thanks,

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajanarth said:
Hi,

Anybody sent their passport from Toronto to Ottawa past weeks for the COPR ? how long it has been taking ?

Thanks,

i sent mine from Vancouver to Ottawa, it took me exactly 1 week (from passport received at CPC Ottawa to me getting it back)

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
Thanks @wenfeizh, I sent my passport on Wednesday it reached Ottawa next day, cant wait to receive my COPR.

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys when will be our tracking number works ,i submitted my passport today afternoon,still showing not found ..

linandzou

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My cic shows the application is approved today.

I sent passport on Nov 22 (Ottawa received 23rd )

Return tracker is not activated yet

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
My profile updated as closed and approved, return tracker is not activated yet. I see in another post that it takes as long as 15 days to receive COPR is it true ?