+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passports to CPC-ottawa in October 2015

8Hannah8

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Hello,
I am from a visa-required country, so my entry visa would end at a date when my medicals are to expire. If you are from visa-exempt country, then your landing is also tied to your medicals.
My medicals are valid until July 2016 (so is immigrant visa), but my post-grad work permit expired at the end of July placing me on implied status until 23Oct2015. Landing asap was much better option in this case. Plus, I got a permanet SIN assigned the same day, which makes HR department very happy.

harry96

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
8Hannah8 said:
Hello,
I am from a visa-required country, so my entry visa would end at a date when my medicals are to expire. If you are from visa-exempt country, then your landing is also tied to your medicals.
My medicals are valid until July 2016 (so is immigrant visa), but my post-grad work permit expired at the end of July placing me on implied status until 23Oct2015. Landing asap was much better option in this case. Plus, I got a permanet SIN assigned the same day, which makes HR department very happy.
Thanks 8Hannah8. In my case my spouse is out of Canada so was just wondering how much time will I get to land her. If this is the case then it should give me plenty of time :)

8Hannah8

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
harry96 said:
Thanks 8Hannah8. In my case my spouse is out of Canada so was just wondering how much time will I get to land her. If this is the case then it should give me plenty of time :)
no problem :) I believe the only condition is that the principal applicant has to land first (or at the same time with the spouse/dependent) if both are immigrants.

harry96

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
8Hannah8 said:
no problem :) I believe the only condition is that the principal applicant has to land first (or at the same time with the spouse/dependent) if both are immigrants.
Yes you are absolutely right. I(Principal applicant) will land as soon as I get my passport back anyway !!

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my return tracker activated on Friday (Oct 23). So a week after they received my stuff.

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Joining this thread now..

Hi guys..
Sent my PPs off on 24th. It should reach by 27th.
What is general time these days to get the stamped PPs back?

Im from Toronto if that helps... Thx...

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jul-30, AOR
Sep-30, Decision Made
Oct-07, PPR
Oct-09, PP sent to Ottawa
Oct-14, PP received
Oct-23, App approved
Oct-24, App closed

Hopefully, return tracker may activated by tomorrow.

8Hannah8

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Maplemadness82 said:
Joining this thread now..

Hi guys..
Sent my PPs off on 24th. It should reach by 27th.
What is general time these days to get the stamped PPs back?

Im from Toronto if that helps... Thx...
I am from Toronto too. It took me 7 business days to receive my passport back (however, I emailed CPC considering the status of my application due the expiry of my implied status). It might have taken longer as my waining period fell to the Thanksgiving/Elections dates.

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
8Hannah8 said:
I am from Toronto too. It took me 7 business days to receive my passport back (however, I emailed CPC considering the status of my application due the expiry of my implied status). It might have taken longer as my waining period fell to the Thanksgiving/Elections dates.
Thank you.
Do you know what is the current wait times to get "Inland" appointments? Or are you planning to flagpole?

8Hannah8

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Maplemadness82 said:
Thank you.
Do you know what is the current wait times to get "Inland" appointments? Or are you planning to flagpole?
I already flagpoled this Friday, it made much more sense for me this way. I read in some thread the appointments generally take about 2 months, but I never called to confirm.
PS: I don't have a US visa, but it was not even needed for the process. Basically you get to the US Boarder Office => the officer would give you a paper that you were on US side => you hand in this paper to Canadian Immigration Officer along with your CoPR.

purohit

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
IELTS Request
Initally submitted
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
I sent mine on 19th. Hoping to get it back sometime this week before Friday.

rams2me

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
return tracker activated today.
Hope I will get it by EOD tomorrow.

Camaro

Star Member
May 6, 2015
8Hannah8 said:
I already flagpoled this Friday, it made much more sense for me this way. I read in some thread the appointments generally take about 2 months, but I never called to confirm.
PS: I don't have a US visa, but it was not even needed for the process. Basically you get to the US Boarder Office => the officer would give you a paper that you were on US side => you hand in this paper to Canadian Immigration Officer along with your CoPR.
Hey

What are all the documents you carried with you?

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rams2me said:
return tracker activated today.
Hope I will get it by EOD tomorrow.
Hi

How long does it take from App approved to Return tracker activated?

Thanks