+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport submission letter- Visitor visa

Divya Ajay

Nov 17, 2021
Hello, my parents who are Indian citizens had applied for Canada Tourist visa during their stay in USA in May 2021. Since, their 6 months stay at USA was completed they decided to fly back to India. There has been no progress since then except for biometric on their application. In case they get passport submission letter, can they do so in New Delhi consulate or do they have to submit in US? Sending passport through FedEx doesn't seem to be safe option. Appreciate, any help. Thank you.

Divya Ajay

Nov 17, 2021
Don't mail-in the passport by any means. Once you get PPR, contact VFS India and send it thru them.
Also, what is the general timeline these days to get a visitor visa? We had applied for my parents as I was due with my first baby in August and really needed them around for postpartum help. We had previously applied from India in February but there was no progress at all, hence re-applied from the States. They even took Pfizer shots again in US to avoid any chance of rejection. We are now clueless if at all they will ever get their visas.

MANAL KHAN

Aug 27, 2020
Also, what is the general timeline these days to get a visitor visa? We had applied for my parents as I was due with my first baby in August and really needed them around for postpartum help. We had previously applied from India in February but there was no progress at all, hence re-applied from the States. They even took Pfizer shots again in US to avoid any chance of rejection. We are now clueless if at all they will ever get their visas.
Hello! Could you please share how you dealt with this situation?