+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Stamp but PR card?

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I recently got the passport request and sent my passport to my VO. I noticed last week in Gckey that there was a document # and counterfoil I'm guessing that means the passport was stamped.

Im just waiting for the VO to send out the passport back to me but mt question is will the PR card be sent as well or will I get my PR card once landed in Canada?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your PR card will either be mailed to you (to a Canadian address, only), or you will be asked to pick it up in person at a local IRCC office.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Im just waiting for the VO to send out the passport back to me but mt question is will the PR card be sent as well or will I get my PR card once landed in Canada?
When you land, the officer at the port of entry will fill out final info / apply for the PR card for you. Make sure to tell them which Canadian address to have it sent to. New arrivals seem to get it in 15-75 days, but usually pretty quick. In the interim, the COPR will be returned to you at airport (signed by officer and you) and that's your proof of PR status.

Reactions: pg23

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
When you land, the officer at the port of entry will fill out final info / apply for the PR card for you. Make sure to tell them which Canadian address to have it sent to. New arrivals seem to get it in 15-75 days, but usually pretty quick. In the interim, the COPR will be returned to you at airport (signed by officer and you) and that's your proof of PR status.
Thank you so much for this info!