+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport scan?

ZeKanucke

Oct 17, 2022
Hi,
Does the applicant need to scan ALL the pages from his passport?
When I say ALL, I mean besides the two "standard pages"?
Even those that are empty?
What happens if the applican travel after sending in the paperwork?

henrik_12345

Star Member
Sep 19, 2022
You need the two standard pages and any pages that has stamps from canada

Also if you have an expired passport with stamps from Canada, you can include those aswell

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Depends entirely on what you are applying for, so...just read the Guide for whatever applies to your application.

Usually, it's only the photo page (Bio data page), but some applications do require much more.

Reactions: armoured

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Hi,
Yes, the primary applicant and accompanying dependents need to submit scanned copies of all pages in the passport. I would avoid travel outside of your country while the application is in process. If you do travel, you will need to update the form showing your travel history, and upload new scans of your passport. It would be likely that these will delay your application.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Yes, the primary applicant and accompanying dependents need to submit scanned copies of all pages in the passport. I would avoid travel outside of your country while the application is in process. If you do travel, you will need to update the form showing your travel history, and upload new scans of your passport. It would be likely that these will delay your application.
why avoid travel outside country while the application is in process ??!! and why it would be likely that these will delay your application ??!!!

Cynthiaallen

Nov 7, 2022
Open the Google Drive app. At the bottom right, tap Add. Tap Scan. Take a photo of the document that you'd like to scan. Adjust scan area: Tap Crop. Take photo again: Tap Re-scan current page. Scan another page: Tap Add. To save the finished document, tap Done.
My CC Pay

Last edited:

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Hi,
Hi we recently applied PR application for my in-laws (Family sponsorship - PGP). In our case, we only scanned the pages with bio, contact info, visa/stamps, notices, amendments, basically any pages that has information other than page number and standard watermarks and avoid scanning the blank pages that have nothing (other than page number and standard watermarking). This is mainly to reduce the file sizes. For one passport, we had to reduce the size with the adobe software and the size was just enough to be unloadable. Note that system wont accept any files that are more than 4 MB.

Just to be on a safe side we explain in a cover letter why we did not scan the blank pages.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Hi we recently applied PR application for my in-laws (Family sponsorship - PGP). In our case, we only scanned the pages with bio, contact info, visa/stamps, notices, amendments, basically any pages that has information other than page number and standard watermarks and avoid scanning the blank pages that have nothing (other than page number and standard watermarking). This is mainly to reduce the file sizes. For one passport, we had to reduce the size with the adobe software and the size was just enough to be unloadable. Note that system wont accept any files that are more than 4 MB.

Just to be on a safe side we explain in a cover letter why we did not scan the blank pages.
the two standard pages ,you travel history is your responsibility to report on a different form .a change of a status ,address, divorce, death .... should be updated .