+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request(PPR) - Submit Passport in Canada despite applying in India

ChelseaFC fan

Nov 17, 2011
terki said:
chelsea FC - why would u quote on mine,

apply TRV for approved Prospective immigrant to a PA is allowed
Ok buddie sorry..any way I am not going to quote any more on this..all the best guys..

sjjhala

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
Hi Terki,

Sid here, from India. You posted "apply TRV for approved Prospective immigrant to a PA is allowed". Well, is there any link as a proof for this? I wanted to be sure about this as I might be in this same situation a couple of months from now. My VO is New Delhi and if the Passport request for PR Visa Stamping comes from Canada, I will have to have a solution to this.

Now suppose I do get a TRV to Canada as a Principal Applicant. However, can I carry my wife's Passport with me? then when I return after getting the PR Visa / Post the PR Visa stamped passport back to my wife so that she can come to Canada, won't she have 'visa in absentia' issue, as she never left India but her passport did with me?

The other option I had was to travel to USA along with my wife (we both have multiple entry visa for 10 years) and live at our relatives for about 30 days within which we will send out passports for stamping.

B) If you have the Indian Ministry of External Affairs details on getting the Letter of Exemption for sending along with the passport via DHL / FEDEX outside India for stamping, kindly let me know.

Please do clarify. Many thanks in advance.

Sid

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
TRV has been approved for these cases

pa is allowed to carry passport with indemnity bond / authorization letter

u may call cic for more details , wt I wrote is facts from proven cases

absentia wont apply here as u r carrying a family member's passport -

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
terki said:
TRV has been approved for these cases

pa is allowed to carry passport with indemnity bond / authorization letter

u may call cic for more details , wt I wrote is facts from proven cases

absentia wont apply here as u r carrying a family member's passport -
Can you please share the format of the indemnity bond / authorization letter ?

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
a simple authorization letter - google it - there is no set format -

all should be good dont worry and pl proceed as been told -

sample :

http://www.passportdepot.com/PassportDepot_Forms_LetterofAuthorization.asp
http://immigration-topics.blogspot.ca/2012/12/example-of-authorization-letter-to.html

ChelseaFC fan

Nov 17, 2011
terki said:
a simple authorization letter - google it - there is no set format -

all should be good dont worry and pl proceed as been told -

sample :

http://www.passportdepot.com/PassportDepot_Forms_LetterofAuthorization.asp
http://immigration-topics.blogspot.ca/2012/12/example-of-authorization-letter-to.html
Hey buddie,
Did you checked those links..those are for local citizens(US/Canada)..they are authorization letters for family members at here,who can have that privilege, not for foreign citizens(indian)..so please make sure you post correct and useful information. Guys please check with Indian passport services wither you can send u r passport out..I suggest plz never take any huge chances that was told by someone like me in a discussion forum..which don't have any accountability or credibility towards your own immigration..all the best guys..

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
I PITY UR KNOWLEDGE AND HASTY WORDS

I do part time work with immigration lawyer - we have people who have approved TRV

those links are only sample - so as said - anyone can write a simple lay man termed authorization letter there is no set format - there has been no issues as such -

pl take time to see all my posts so far - they all dont seem to be an idiotic post - do they ?

good luck , hope this is good for today and future posts on this thread

ChelseaFC fan

Nov 17, 2011
terki said:
I PITY UR KNOWLEDGE AND HASTY WORDS

I do part time work with immigration lawyer - we have people who have approved TRV

those links are only sample - so as said - anyone can write a simple lay man termed authorization letter there is no set format - there has been no issues as such -

pl take time to see all my posts so far - they all dont seem to be an idiotic post - do they ?

good luck , hope this is good for today and future posts on this thread
Hi buddie,
Don't take anything personnel, as per your earlier post you work for immigration lawyer(so you work in Canada ??)..nothing offensive here..are you an immigrant??? With my understanding you are still in application process..sorry if i am wrong budie..you said authorization letter from passport holder will be sufficient..as anybody can make up a letter or forge the document...being an immigrant since last year and prior stayed in canda for more than 4 yrs...i passed through the same phase in 2011 and never heared from my best collegue (attorney from Canada) on the things that you posted earlier..all I want to quote is just to make sure things 200% before let the most important PASSPORT out of hand..if work well that's fine..if not endup paying a huge price(which never effect us,as fellow posties)...when you check the comments on passsport back page "sending passport out of India without their presence is illegal"...then why can't they mail the passport with authorization letter attached..as no postal or courier service legally not entitled to mail..same do apply for someone to carry the passport aswell with my knowledge..sorry buddie to post like but that's what I learned from my own immigration experience ...one more time nothing offensive on you or to hurt your feelings..

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
ok keep it simple : i am in the process of immigrating as u can see my timeline
apart from my airline job , I do volunteer with immig-lawyer ..

for someone called to submit pasport to cpp-ottawa - apply trv and drop pspt
or send someone - friend or relative with simple authorization letterr

we have people doing it often - hasn't been any issues

ChelseaFC fan

Nov 17, 2011
terki said:
ok keep it simple : i am in the process of immigrating as u can see my timeline
apart from my airline job , I do volunteer with immig-lawyer ..

for someone called to submit pasport to cpp-ottawa - apply trv and drop pspt
or send someone - friend or relative with simple authorization letterr

we have people doing it often - hasn't been any issues
Hey buddie, I appreciate your spirit..but my concerned was while you are under final immigration visa process do you think they will approve another visa like TRV?? I don't think so..as its irrespective for canadian immigration people how do they get the passport for visa stamping, but they will only mail passport to either canadian or US address only...but the catch was only here with Indian law..that's why there is case of "gain of visa in absencia"...in the passport caution area it says you can authorize to posses your passport..but it shouldn't be to gain VISA..that falls under absencia category..which will be questioned by Indian border officers..as I said one of my friends friend was stopped in hyd airport for Singapore pr..for gain of visa in absencia as he did send passport with his friend to get it stamped..that was my big concerned..but not to oppose you or to be arrogant..FYI..when I got my PPR when I was India I still have a valid canadian student visa till dec 2013..but as I was graduated and I haven't applied for my PG work permit..which I will get for automatic 3 yrs..but I haven't applied as I want to take a break..and I know I will get my PPR any time and I don't want to enter Canada with my student visa..if canadian border officer check my background.as most universities will let immigration people know about student status..so anyway..cut short all I want evryone to be cautious as you guys are that close to become PRs..from perspectives of both countries..all the best guys..

new2can

Sep 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2012
Doc's Request.
20-06-2012
AOR Received.
15-08-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-04-2013
Med's Done....
30-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2013
LANDED..........
12-05-2014
new2can said:
I am also in the same situation. I have received my passport request in last week, but we are in India. After reading from forums and researching, this is what i am gonna do

1. Make the authorization letter ready, format is in the thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t144415.0.html;msg2227140#msg2227140
Doubt here is, do i need to get authorization letter for each applicant? i.e., one for me, my spouse and for my son (minor). So for my son, i will be providing authorization letter on his behalf as he is a minor ?
2. Make representative forms ready, again one for me, my spouse and son? Representative will be my friend in Canada as he will post the passports from within Canada to CIC and will provide his address to receive them. So i guess i need to provide "Appoint Representative" form?
3. Find any of my friends/relatives going to Canada, handover authorization letter, passports and appoint representative forms and other requested documents/photos
4. This friend will given everything to my friend in Canada, he will post the passports, representative form and other requested documents/photos to CIC and will provide his address to return the stamped passports.
5. Once he receivs the stamped passports, I and him will find any of friends/relative coming back to India
6. My friend will provide authorization letter and passports to him to bring it back to India.

This seems to be the proper way as per my understanding, still i have queries which i indicated with "?" above. It would be really helpfull for all the people in this situation if seniors can answer them based on their experience and knowledge.

Thanks,
New2Can

Guys,

I have a good news and update on this. While exploring the option and working on the above steps. I wrote about my current situation to CIC Ottawa and guess what, they asked me to submit me and my family passports to CIC New Delhi considering my case. Hurray, i will be submitting it via VFS in a day or two.

pari_p

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
new2can said:
Guys,

I have a good news and update on this. While exploring the option and working on the above steps. I wrote about my current situation to CIC Ottawa and guess what, they asked me to submit me and my family passports to CIC New Delhi considering my case. Hurray, i will be submitting it via VFS in a day or two.
Thats excellent! But here some people (like me) seem to not find any option when Principal Applicant is in Canada and Spouse is in the home country! DHL is good option but not sure how long (or what kind of) procedure is to get letter from Ministry of External Affairs! I am surely going to try to ask CPP-O if my spouse can submit passport at Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
new2can said:
Guys,

Did you apply from India ? I sent you a PM. Pls reply.

new2can

Sep 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2012
Doc's Request.
20-06-2012
AOR Received.
15-08-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-04-2013
Med's Done....
30-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2013
LANDED..........
12-05-2014
Canadavisa07 said:
Did you apply from India ? I sent you a PM. Pls reply.

I replied to them on the email they sent to submit the passports to CIC Ottawa, Here is what i sent to them

=========================

Dear Sir/Madam,

UCI: <your UCI no>

Application: <your appl no?

In our Indian passports, its mentioned that " Passport should not be sent out of any country by post. It should be in custody either of the holder or of a person authorised by the holder."

Many of the courier companies are denying to send the passports outside India as they are saying it might get help up Indian Customs.

Could you please let me know if there is any alternative i.e., if i can get the Visa stamping done in CIC office in New Delhi, India? Please let me know what can be done in this situation.

Thanks.

Regards,
<Your Name>

================================

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
new2can said:
I replied to them on the email they sent to submit the passports to CIC Ottawa, Here is what i sent to them

=========================

Dear Sir/Madam,

UCI: <your UCI no>

Application: <your appl no?

In our Indian passports, its mentioned that " Passport should not be sent out of any country by post. It should be in custody either of the holder or of a person authorised by the holder."

Many of the courier companies are denying to send the passports outside India as they are saying it might get help up Indian Customs.

Could you please let me know if there is any alternative i.e., if i can get the Visa stamping done in CIC office in New Delhi, India? Please let me know what can be done in this situation.

Thanks.

Regards,
<Your Name>

================================
Thanks! If you could also share their response, that would be really kind of you.