AOR Received.
31-Oct-2012
lloks like passport is accepted

dhlservicepoint.co.uk/whatyoucansend.htm

aaad

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Hi Pankymol

The web link which you have posted is UK's and here we are discussing about sending passports outside India.People who have sent or submitted their files from India are now having hard time sending passports to Ottawa...

gpranav

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
No AOR
IELTS Request
Filed with Application
File Transfer...
31-10-2012
Med's Request
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-05-2013, Med's received on 17-05-2013
Passport Req..
18-06-2013, Passport submitted on 09/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
09/07/2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully in September 2013
I called the DHL and they told me that they will accept passport provided we get an authorisation letter from the Ministry of External Affairs.

ChelseaFC fan

Nov 17, 2011
Hey,
I asked that to CIC,they said they won't assist on my passport mailing.you have to find way..but unfortunately Indian law prevents you sending your passport without your presence. If you send and get the visa stamped somehow by luck..big chance of border officers may ask for gain of visa absencia..with my understanding airports like hyderbad and small airports won't care much of these..it's just a guess..my best suggestion would be you should mail passport from another country..even you won't get visitor visa as well to Canada when you are in PR process..CIC will have all record on their system..CIC will only return passports to Canadian and US mailing address only..my suggestion will be either to mail passport from US or mail passport through DHL from india..then get a visitor visa for Singapore or some visiting countries like Dubai...so when you start immigrate to Canada you can first go to that country and can fly fom threre..if my US visa gt rejected my brother lives in UK he is a citizen..so I would get a easy visitor visa and from there I can go Canada.. That was my final plan..but based on my previous studies and stay in Canada for 4 yrs..I got my US visa very eaisily..for 10 yrs in just 10 secs as US visa officer just asked why us visa..said to get my canadian pr and can immigrate..anyway it's all went well and I came back my canadian home town and to my job and my property..all went well with gods grace..I wish u all as well..let me know or any other info if I can help you guys..

gogunner

Feb 5, 2013
Seriously, guys just send it through a friend or relative to Canada if you have one and have them send it out to CIC. Also get it delivered back to their (your friend or relative's) address.

Till date I have not seen a single post by an applicant who has faced a problem doing it that way!

lucky_CA

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Send with application
File Transfer...
09-07-2013
Med's Request
29-01-2014
Med's Done....
12-2-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-02-2014 (Ottawa) , 07-03-2014 (local visa office)
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2014
I was wondering, if you send a prepaid envelope or return airway bill from DHL with your passport, don't CIC send it back using that to your address where you live. or it is their policy that wherever you live they will return passport to US and Canada address only?

I am in a similar situation, as I applied from Australia.

gogunner

Feb 5, 2013
I have kept a pre-paid envelope with my friend's Canadian address. I am not sure whether they send it back to wherever you applied for.

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
lucky_CA said:
I was wondering, if you send a prepaid envelope or return airway bill from DHL with your passport, don't CIC send it back using that to your address where you live. or it is their policy that wherever you live they will return passport to US and Canada address only?

I am in a similar situation, as I applied from Australia.
They will send it to US and Canada addresses only.

ChelseaFC fan

Nov 17, 2011
gogunner said:
Seriously, guys just send it through a friend or relative to Canada if you have one and have them send it out to CIC. Also get it delivered back to their (your friend or relative's) address.

Till date I have not seen a single post by an applicant who has faced a problem doing it that way!
Guys, it's very very riky to you and the receiver as well..unless the other peron want to take that big chance..make sure u ask the the receivers permission..CIC will only return passport to US or Canaian address only..even by any chance u r passport some how stamped...with my knowledge its a big risk for some one to mail back u r passport to India...so make sure always before u take any chance..guys I am not scaring you..don't take it in that way..I just want to heads up for worst possibilities only here..I wish you all very best and see you all as cnadian immigrants...

new2can

Sep 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2012
Doc's Request.
20-06-2012
AOR Received.
15-08-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-04-2013
Med's Done....
30-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2013
LANDED..........
12-05-2014
I am also in the same situation. I have received my passport request in last week, but we are in India. After reading from forums and researching, this is what i am gonna do

1. Make the authorization letter ready, format is in the thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t144415.0.html;msg2227140#msg2227140
Doubt here is, do i need to get authorization letter for each applicant? i.e., one for me, my spouse and for my son (minor). So for my son, i will be providing authorization letter on his behalf as he is a minor ?
2. Make representative forms ready, again one for me, my spouse and son? Representative will be my friend in Canada as he will post the passports from within Canada to CIC and will provide his address to receive them. So i guess i need to provide "Appoint Representative" form?
3. Find any of my friends/relatives going to Canada, handover authorization letter, passports and appoint representative forms and other requested documents/photos
4. This friend will given everything to my friend in Canada, he will post the passports, representative form and other requested documents/photos to CIC and will provide his address to return the stamped passports.
5. Once he receivs the stamped passports, I and him will find any of friends/relative coming back to India
6. My friend will provide authorization letter and passports to him to bring it back to India.

This seems to be the proper way as per my understanding, still i have queries which i indicated with "?" above. It would be really helpfull for all the people in this situation if seniors can answer them based on their experience and knowledge.

Thanks,
New2Can

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
new2can said:
I am also in the same situation. I have received my passport request in last week, but we are in India. After reading from forums and researching, this is what i am gonna do

1. Make the authorization letter ready, format is in the thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t144415.0.html;msg2227140#msg2227140
Doubt here is, do i need to get authorization letter for each applicant? i.e., one for me, my spouse and for my son (minor). So for my son, i will be providing authorization letter on his behalf as he is a minor ?
2. Make representative forms ready, again one for me, my spouse and son? Representative will be my friend in Canada as he will post the passports from within Canada to CIC and will provide his address to receive them. So i guess i need to provide "Appoint Representative" form?
3. Find any of my friends/relatives going to Canada, handover authorization letter, passports and appoint representative forms and other requested documents/photos
4. This friend will given everything to my friend in Canada, he will post the passports, representative form and other requested documents/photos to CIC and will provide his address to return the stamped passports.
5. Once he receivs the stamped passports, I and him will find any of friends/relative coming back to India
6. My friend will provide authorization letter and passports to him to bring it back to India.

This seems to be the proper way as per my understanding, still i have queries which i indicated with "?" above. It would be really helpfull for all the people in this situation if seniors can answer them based on their experience and knowledge.

Thanks,
New2Can
Have you considered the option of applying for a TRV so that you can yourself submit the passports to Ottawa ?

ChelseaFC fan

Nov 17, 2011
terki said:
those having ppr request - can apply for trv -

only PA not dependants
Make sure u check that with Indian law..seems still falls under gain of visa in absencia..what do you say to Indian border security officer if they question you about how did you get your visa??? What would be your answer..one of my friends friend got his Singapore pr and was caught in hyd airport with similar situation..he was prosecuted..not sure what's the final out come..so make sure do inquire from both country law perspectives and act according..just not by depending on somebody told on this forum..as its just a discussion and though effective info forum..but ultimately it's not te decision maker..it's all heads up guys..don't take in negative way..just explore the right way..that's all I want to share..all the best..

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
chelsea FC - why would u quote on mine,

apply TRV for approved Prospective immigrant to a PA is allowed