+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport application photo requirements !!

Registereduser

Jun 20, 2023
Hello everyone!

Just downloaded my e certificate of my citizenship! Now ready for applying for the passport. But l do have a query about the passport photos.

-does my guarantor need to handwrite the statement "I certify this to be a true likeness of" or is it ok if the statement is printed. Actually the photography studio stamped that statement as well at the back of the photos.

-also in the application form it asks residential address history of the past 2 years. I have lived in the same address for last 5 years in canada, however, l did go to india for 15 months due to a family situation last year (after applying for the canadian citizenship). So do l need to include my indian address as well?

Thanks

crossiwre

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
Guarantor does not need to do anything. The "I certify this to be a true likeness of" is just from the photo studio so the passport office knows its a valid photo taken.
Just put your residence of 5 years in Canada since you live in Canada and that can also be your mailing address for their records. You do not need to put any other addresses from your travel.

Reactions: Registereduser

Registereduser

Jun 20, 2023
Thank you!
I am in the middle of filling up the form. Also another question. Does my handwritten signature really matter if it exactly matches the identity documents as it has slightly changed over the years. My current signature is a little different compared to the ones in my ID.