+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport after citizenship

Later

Aug 3, 2012
Hi;

I recently got my citizenship. Yay!

I am filling out the passport application, and it states that I need to provide two guarantors. My family is back in my home country, so the only people I know well are work colleagues. I do not want to ask work colleagues such a personal favor (to be my guarantor).

Is it possible to get an immigration lawyer to sign as a guarantor? If so, how would it work since they have not known me for over two years?

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
Later said:
Hi;

I am filling out the passport application, and it states that I need to provide two guarantors. My family is back in my home country, so the only people I know well are work colleagues. I do not want to ask work colleagues such a personal favor (to be my guarantor).

Is it possible to get an immigration lawyer to sign as a guarantor? If so, how would it work since they have not known me for over two years?
You only require 1 guarantor and 2 references...anyone could be your references giving those 2 had known you for 2 years minimum...read the application form again you are getting it wrong.

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Later said:
Hi;

1 colleague + neighbour are my referees another colleague is my guarantor. There's nothing wrong with that in Canada. You need guarantors for a few more things here. Club membership, firearms safety (PAL), passport. Canadians are used to that. Don't be shy, be proud Canadian!

mike

P.S.
US english: neighbor
CA english: neighbour
There are a few more of this exemptions :)