+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paris VO 2020

sartajsyed

Sep 7, 2019
Hello,

Is there anyone here who had their file transferred to the Paris VO? When did your app arrive there and have you heard anything back from them? My file recently was transferred there and would like to see how fast/slow they are working out of Paris VO.

Thank you :)

hovarda

Dec 18, 2020
Hi @sartajsyed today I sent a document to Paris VO. I was wondering the answer to your question, when did they receive your document transfer? And when did your Express Entry profile update?

sartajsyed

Sep 7, 2019
Hey, so recently found out my spousal sponsorship application was transferred to Guangzhou, China instead of Paris. I'm assuming because Paris has backlogs. So I'm not sure when it got there and if they have started to work on the app or not.

dxu

Feb 3, 2021
Hi @sartajsyed today I sent a document to Paris VO. I was wondering the answer to your question, when did they receive your document transfer? And when did your Express Entry profile update?
Hello, I just found out that my file has been transferred to Paris VO. What should I expect?

hovarda

Dec 18, 2020
Hello, I just found out that my file has been transferred to Paris VO. What should I expect?
Paris VO requested a military record from me and after the 2nd day I submitted the document, I received the PPR :) They say Paris VO is slow in some forums and seems to have a bad reputation; I dont think that is the case. They processed it really fast. My AOR - PPR time frame is 4.5 months in that VO.

Last edited:
Reactions: dxu

sartajsyed

Sep 7, 2019
wow congrats!

Paris VO requested a military record from me and after the 2nd they I submitted the document, I received the PPR :) They say Paris VO is slow in some forums and seems to have a bad reputation; I dont think that is the case. They processed it really fast. My AOR - PPR time frame is 4.5 months in that VO.

Reactions: hovarda

dxu

Feb 3, 2021
Paris VO requested a military record from me and after the 2nd day I submitted the document, I received the PPR :) They say Paris VO is slow in some forums and seems to have a bad reputation; I dont think that is the case. They processed it really fast. My AOR - PPR time frame is 4.5 months in that VO.
Thank you for the reply! Congratulations! That must be so exciting :)

I am aware that two fellow applicants from my country received their PPR earlier this month - their AOR is also in September. I'm optimistic, hopefully, I'd hear back from Paris by April-May :)

Is their a way to find out if I've passed eligibility through the Paris VO? I guess that the agents on IRCC's hotline wouldn't have the answer so I'm just wondering if there's an option other than requesting GCMS notes. Thanks.

Reactions: hovarda

hovarda

Dec 18, 2020
Thank you for the reply! Congratulations! That must be so exciting :)

I am aware that two fellow applicants from my country received their PPR earlier this month - their AOR is also in September. I'm optimistic, hopefully, I'd hear back from Paris by April-May :)

Is their a way to find out if I've passed eligibility through the Paris VO? I guess that the agents on IRCC's hotline wouldn't have the answer so I'm just wondering if there's an option other than requesting GCMS notes. Thanks.
Hopefully!! I received 4-5 ghost updates through evaluation, I think the more you get them the better the news. My background check changed to "we are processing your background check" at some point, I believe that was the sign of eligibility passed.

dxu

Feb 3, 2021
Hopefully!! I received 4-5 ghost updates through evaluation, I think the more you get them the better the news. My background check changed to "we are processing your background check" at some point, I believe that was the sign of eligibility passed.
Thank you so much for responding so quickly!

Interestingly, I've never had a ghost updated. I called IRCC when my file was still at CIO and I learned that I had passed criminality and my eligibility/background check was started. My background check in the account has always been 'we are processing your background check'.

I guess there is no one rule when it comes to this!

Patience, patience.

Zino55

Feb 12, 2021
Hey, congratulations for your PPR !!
Have you ever contacted IRCC by phone/webform or just relied on your GCMS notes ?