+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paris Office Timeline

soosan15

Jun 27, 2015
Hi forja,

actually their response came after I sent an inquiry through the "case-specific inquiry system". I have requested an update on the file and instead they replied with this:

this refers to your recent message:
- We note that your passport or that of your dependant(s) will expire soon. We strongly recommend that you have the passport(s) renewed or the validity extended as soon as possible. Once this has been done, please return this letter by email to paris-immigration @ international.gc.ca with a photocopy of the biographical pages and the page showing the validity of the passport(s);

As you can see there is no mention to visa or COPR anywhere in their reply. that's why I didn't take it as s very positive thing and I still believe we have a long way to go.
sorry for the negativity. :(
any feedback?! btw, when did you send the photocopy of your passport? are you from a visa-exempt country?

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.
02/03/2015
File Transfer...
SA: 05/03/2015
Med's Request
31/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
21/05/2015--COPR received 02/06/2015
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
forja said:
hi soosan , actually i just sent photocopy of the renewed passport so i am not sure how long between the two step , but i think when you send photocopy of passport they will issue the COPR and visa and then they will update ecas to DM ,and send letter which will mention instructions about how you submit physical passport or drop it at canadian embassy in paris as an option .
tell me when they asked you to send photocopy of passport did they mention something like (we note that your passport will expire soon and this may affect the validity of your visa ) on that letter .
Hi Forja,

I apologize, but what you wrote is incorrect. They will never issue the COPR and visa and then at a later time ask you to submit you physical passport. If you are not from a visa exempt country then they need your physical passport so they can affix the visa to you actual passport. They only issue COPR and Visa at the exact same time, they never do one before the other. Therefore they will request the physical passport and send you instructions on how to do so and then afterwards issue visa/copr.

If you are from a visa exempt country then they never request your physical passport because they do not need it. They may ask for a copy of your renewed passport if it was going to expire soon (which they did for me), but then once you submit it they will mail you the COPR because you do not require a visa in your passport.

As for ECAS it's anybody's guess. But the trend seems to be that ECAS changes to decision made and then you receive your COPR if you are from a visa exempt country and if you require a visa in your passport they request you physical passport before ECAS changes to decision made.

forja

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RYIT said:
Hi Forja,

I apologize, but what you wrote is incorrect. They will never issue the COPR and visa and then at a later time ask you to submit you physical passport. If you are not from a visa exempt country then they need your physical passport so they can affix the visa to you actual passport. They only issue COPR and Visa at the exact same time, they never do one before the other. Therefore they will request the physical passport and send you instructions on how to do so and then afterwards issue visa/copr.

If you are from a visa exempt country then they never request your physical passport because they do not need it. They may ask for a copy of your renewed passport if it was going to expire soon (which they did for me), but then once you submit it they will mail you the COPR because you do not require a visa in your passport.

As for ECAS it's anybody's guess. But the trend seems to be that ECAS changes to decision made and then you receive your COPR if you are from a visa exempt country and if you require a visa in your passport they request you physical passport before ECAS changes to decision made.
hi RYIT
well i think what you wrote is incorrect , because i know what i am talking about , the thing is for visa exempte countries they isuue only COPR for landing purpose , but to do that they need a valid passport which happen in your case , they request renewed passport and then they update your ecas to DM , and then they sent you your COPR .
but for non visa exempte countries when they processing the files and are close to issue the visa , they asked for renew passport , and then when they update files to DM they send letter giving applicants options to send the passport by mail or drop it at canadian embassy in paris , and when they send back the passport they include COPR and visa stam on it .

forja

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RYIT said:
Hi Forja,

also one thing when they issue the COPR and VISA normally are in data base , i mean the visa is ready in a system they use it to print visa and then stick it to passport. so by the time the embassy have everything done on their system , they send a letter in french ( votre visa est pret pour délivrance , suivi les instructions suivants ) and then they asked 2 photos and options abotu how you submit passport .

forja

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soosan15 said:
Hi forja,

actually their response came after I sent an inquiry through the "case-specific inquiry system". I have requested an update on the file and instead they replied with this:

- We note that your passport or that of your dependant(s) will expire soon. We strongly recommend that you have the passport(s) renewed or the validity extended as soon as possible. Once this has been done, please return this letter by email to paris-immigration @ international.gc.ca with a photocopy of the biographical pages and the page showing the validity of the passport(s);

As you can see there is no mention to visa or COPR anywhere in their reply. that's why I didn't take it as s very positive thing and I still believe we have a long way to go.
any feedback?! btw, when did you send the photocopy of your passport? are you from a visa-exempt country?
hi soosan
i will tell you something and maybe it will seem strange for you and for some people here .
the CIC using kind of coding messages (letter ) sometimes the meaning of it is positive and sometimes its negative , see when they visa office request documents they always said ( send them to us with copy of this letter ) why ? because the letter itself give to much informations for the agent about the file , and about e cas its also depend on the agent handling your file , some can udpate before even they receive requested documents and some update slow , or even after the decision made .
but when you got something from CIC always read between lines .
in your case when they asked the renewed passport , the agent said ( We note that your passport or that of your dependant(s) will expire soon. We strongly recommend that you have the passport(s) renewed or the validity extended as soon as possible ). for RYIT said (We note that your passport will expire soon and this may affect the validity of your permanent residence visa .We strongly recommend that you have the passport(s) renewed or the validity extended as soon as possible .
see for RYIT the agent said (permanent residence visa) which mean COPR , and for other applicant here said (we note that your passport will expire soon and this may affect the validity of your visa. We recommend that you proceed to an extension or renew your passport ).
see for this applicant the agent said (visa ) which mean its visa .
so in your case they were going to contact you about this , but when you requested update they request your husband's renewed passport ( as update).because the agent almost done with your file .
for me i just sent the photocopy of renewed passport , and i am not a visa exempte country , i live in portugal as resident .

forja

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soosan15 said:
Hi forja,

and remember non visa exempt countries they got COPR and visa stamp on passport , cause COPR its important document for SIN and also for health card and for finding work .
as for visa exempt countries they got only COPR if they are abroad they have a certain time to land in canada , and if they live in canada they need only to go to border USA and then they land way back to canada .

soosan15

Jun 27, 2015
Thank you forja for the thorough response, it is appreciated.
I live in Canada and my spouse is a resident of Spain (your neighbour..lol).
I do that our files get finalized soon so we can stop analyzing and monitoring every action that comes out of CIC... it is very stressful!!
I wish you the best
Cheers,

MisbahNabeel

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Lisbon
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
September 2, October 11 2014, and February 13 2015
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
13 Aug 2014
Med's Request
27th July 2015
Med's Done....
5th August 2015
Interview........
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
5th October 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21st October 2015
LANDED..........
17th November 2015
Hey Folks
quick couple of questions
as m having interview this month on 21st july and preparing for that in that case i gathered Face Time calls Records from Last 3 months (as having
IPhone 6 and my wife has IPad mini)
gathered Facebook Messanger Messages Records of Last 3 months
Emails Records of last 19 months which is only 20 mails though not sure is it enough!!!
some 6 t 8 Pictures of both of us different places (honeymoon,travel,outing,dinner etc)
viber Records
Skype Records last 12 months or so

so is anything else i need for my interview to prove my relationship or anything you guys can guide me on bases of your own experiences :D

also one more question
in my interview requesting email they asked me to get my interview letter with me when i will go to attend my interview and in reply back email i asked them which is intreview letter is it just that email or some thing else and they did not reply back so now i am lil confused about this any one can let me know which is my interview letter or it is just that email i should print it out and take it with me

forja

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MisbahNabeel said:
Hey Folks
as m having interview this month on 21st july and preparing for that in that case i gathered Face Time calls Records from Last 3 months (as having
IPhone 6 and my wife has IPad mini)
gathered Facebook Messanger Messages Records of Last 3 months
Emails Records of last 19 months which is only 20 mails though not sure is it enough!!!
some 6 t 8 Pictures of both of us different places (honeymoon,travel,outing,dinner etc)
viber Records
Skype Records last 12 months or so

so is anything else i need for my interview to prove my relationship or anything you guys can guide me on bases of your own experiences :D

also one more question
in my interview requesting email they asked me to get my interview letter with me when i will go to attend my interview and in reply back email i asked them which is intreview letter is it just that email or some thing else and they did not reply back so now i am lil confused about this any one can let me know which is my interview letter or it is just that email i should print it out and take it with me
hi Misha
well you need to provide more pictures ( you together in pakistain , and also together with both your family , pictures of you both from norway ,pictures of any trip of you together any different places ).
you need to write some informations on thoses pictures ( who is in the picture ,occasion, maybe add dates) .
one more thing you didnt include with your proof of relationship which is very important ( affidavit from your wife memeber of family , for exemple her brother and sister or cousins, knowing the relationship and describing it).
good luck

Vera16

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
South West France
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/05/2014
Doc's Request.
04/20/2015
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
File Transfer...
02/27/2015
Med's Request
02/27/2015
Med's Done....
03/11/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
no visa country
VISA ISSUED...
06/24/2015
LANDED..........
08/28/2015
Hi MisbahNabeel,
I would say print the e-mail, it is the equivalence of a letter.
I don't think credibility of a story depend on a precis number of letter and photos...It would like 10 with doubt, 20 still have questions and 30 is a true relationship...comon! Lets not be ridiculous! See Like 90°/. of women I found myself too fat and my in-law doesn't like the fact he is bald, botom line I sent maybe 3 or 4 photos with the two of us. Honestly I wasn't that proud, but we don't like picture and the only Christhmas we spent with family nobody had a working camera!!! Now we live together so you can imagine we don't e-mail each other very often! Actualy only we are fighting so those wouldn't be e-mail to send to CIC.
My point is what you say and how much true it will look like, will be what will make the officer believe you or not. Go with letters of people who know you and would accept to be contacted by an officer, that's a good idea. For the rest just go with the truth, little detaisl of your story, things you shared, ...see like my story about Christhmas, 8 adults, 8 teenagers and noone could take a photos between cameras out of battery, cell phone out of battery or left at home because teen were punish for using them to much...you cannot built a story like that; it has to be true, that 's just so crazy!
Personaly if I was an officer and I saw some one coming with photos and printed messagse from the very begining I would find weird that a couple started their relation ship at the same time they started their imigration application!
Keep cool, I think you have enough of prouf and you should think about what you gonna say; go and check on that site, you will found some sample of questions they ask.
Good luck ;)

forja

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vera16 said:
Hi MisbahNabeel,
I would say print the e-mail, it is the equivalence of a letter.
I don't think credibility of a story depend on a precis number of letter and photos...It would like 10 with doubt, 20 still have questions and 30 is a true relationship...comon! Lets not be ridiculous! See Like 90°/. of women I found myself too fat and my in-law doesn't like the fact he is bald, botom line I sent maybe 3 or 4 photos with the two of us. Honestly I wasn't that proud, but we don't like picture and the only Christhmas we spent with family nobody had a working camera!!! Now we live together so you can imagine we don't e-mail each other very often! Actualy only we are fighting so those wouldn't be e-mail to send to CIC.
My point is what you say and how much true it will look like, will be what will make the officer believe you or not. Go with letters of people who know you and would accept to be contacted by an officer, that's a good idea. For the rest just go with the truth, little detaisl of your story, things you shared, ...see like my story about Christhmas, 8 adults, 8 teenagers and noone could take a photos between cameras out of battery, cell phone out of battery or left at home because teen were punish for using them to much...you cannot built a story like that; it has to be true, that 's just so crazy!
Personaly if I was an officer and I saw some one coming with photos and printed messagse from the very begining I would find weird that a couple started their relation ship at the same time they started their imigration application!
Keep cool, I think you have enough of prouf and you should think about what you gonna say; go and check on that site, you will found some sample of questions they ask.
Good luck ;)
hi vera well this is not fair from you to say he has enough proof , if he had enough proof why they did called him then for interview , because sometimes we could risk some people's live with wrong advise , and you can't just talk from experience ,because everyone has different process , especially visa exempt countries they have easy process and dont scrutinizing that much by cic.
but for Mishahnabeel the guy is from non visa exempt country , so you don't know how much they scrutinizing his application they even exceeded the processing time , so by saying he has enough proof this is not the fact, cause wouldnt be asked for interview , in his case he need to provide more and more proof because in the interview letter they said he need to convince the officer that relationship is genuine , which mean the officer has too much doubt about relationship.
and you forgot that his marriage was arranged , so a picture with the wife and her relatives or his relatives will mean a lot for visa officer . and its not about quantity of pictures its about quality.

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.
02/03/2015
File Transfer...
SA: 05/03/2015
Med's Request
31/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
21/05/2015--COPR received 02/06/2015
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
Forja.... I think you need to relax....

No one on this forum is here with the intent of giving someone bad information, or risk peoples lives with wrong advice. We are all here to help each other.

You come across as though you feel you know absolutely everything there is to know about how CIC officers think and their coded messages they put in letters they send etc. Not all the information you give is accurate or correct but nobody jumps down your throat.

Vera is being kind and trying to reduce the stress of MisbahNabeel and I agree with everything she said. The intent of her message was to express to be honest.

Your message on the other hand would make someone who is already nervous about an interview have sleepless nights from now until the interview because you add to the stress with the way you write things. Maybe you just generally have high strung personality and your intention is not to stress people out, but not you or any of us know how a cic officer thinks and why they ask certain questions. This is your first time going through this process...........correct?

Relax a little...

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
MisbahNabeel said:
Hey Folks
Salam Misbah. I have nothing to help with other than advising you to relax. Something that I am not able to do myself. But, I hope you will do.
Would it help if your wife join you in the interview? Is it allowable for her to be with you?

I have a questions to you:

Have they asked for anything from you before they schedule the appointment? I mean have they sent you requesting more information to proof your relationship before they decide about the need of the interview or they just sent you the interview request?

Best Luck ISA

MisbahNabeel

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Lisbon
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
September 2, October 11 2014, and February 13 2015
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
13 Aug 2014
Med's Request
27th July 2015
Med's Done....
5th August 2015
Interview........
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
5th October 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21st October 2015
LANDED..........
17th November 2015
Heartily thanks to all members RIYT veera forja and sa3sa3
Guys thanks specially and be cool every one of you had given good points in their personal point of view and well I think I am pretty confident about my marriage and relationship as it is genuine also I think in my initial application may be I haven't provided much proofs so that's why they are calling me to interview me. And I have lots of prof to prove our relationship Facebook records viber Skype FaceTime tango iMessages emails some very little phone calls and off course thousands and thousands of pictures of both of us together and with our family members and I know about every thing about our relationship so I am confident about all this!

And sa3sa3 yea before my interview they asked me for additional information to prove of relationship and cohabitation so I provided all that information Skype call records travel documents tickets boarding passes of my wife As she traveled and came here to live with me and my brothers family in Norway and we celebrated last new year togather here in Norway so we did provide all the informations! I don't what left more and they called for interview

Guys one thing I want to tell you is that I am temporarily resides in Portugal got immigration of Portugal around 2 years ago and extended my permit which is now valid for 2 years ends in November 2016 ! But now at the moment since last 8 months I am staying in Norway with my brother and his family to support my self as I didn't have any job in Portugal I did loadsssss of struggle for getting job there and I spent lot of money to live and eat there and it became very hard for me to live over there so I decided to move here in Norway and now my brother is supporting me I am not doing any job here as I am not allowed to do
Do you guys think this could be another barrier in my application

forja

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RYIT said:
Forja.... I think you need to relax....

No one on this forum is here with the intent of giving someone bad information, or risk peoples lives with wrong advice. We are all here to help each other.

You come across as though you feel you know absolutely everything there is to know about how CIC officers think and their coded messages they put in letters they send etc. Not all the information you give is accurate or correct but nobody jumps down your throat.

Vera is being kind and trying to reduce the stress of MisbahNabeel and I agree with everything she said. The intent of her message was to express to be honest.

Your message on the other hand would make someone who is already nervous about an interview have sleepless nights from now until the interview because you add to the stress with the way you write things. Maybe you just generally have high strung personality and your intention is not to stress people out, but not you or any of us know how a cic officer thinks and why they ask certain questions. This is your first time going through this process...........correct?

Relax a little...
well for me its not about to show of or anything , iam real person and straight i dont bullshit people by promise or sweet talk but i do care to help someone in need , and if i dont know something i shut my mouth , the thing is you gave wrong information before if you remember , and some people give sometimes wrong infos , but i am not here to correct no one , as some people were giving too much stuff for other people , but its not always correct , i know you didnt like it when i correct you once and i understand the humain's ego . i was a silent reader and i correct yoy again its not the first time i went through visa process .
been honest and tough better than lies and disappointment .
i knew you were looking for chance to attack me nicely , this is only forum and no one will stick here after all .