01-12-2012
Passport Req..
10-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2013
LANDED..........
23-02-2013
rajmalhotra7 said:
Dec 25, 26 and Jan 01 for sure... All visa offices usually observe Canadian Stat Holidays. I am just guessing, so please check on LVO website for any holidays..... However, please expect them not to do anything or do very minimal between December 22 to January 01.
The girl I usually speak at my Visa Office said they'd be closed only for three days during the holidays.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Our offices will be closed on the following dates:

Date

Closed for:

Monday, January 2

New Year (in lieu of 1st January - Sunday)

Thursday, January 26

Republic Day of India

Thursday, March 8

Holi

Friday, April 6

Good Friday

Monday, July 2

Canada Day (in lieu of 1st July - Sunday)

Wednesday, August 15

Independence Day of India

Tuesday, October 2

Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti

Wednesday, October 24

Dussehra

Tuesday, November 13

Diwali

Tuesday, December 25

Christmas

Wednesday, December 26

Boxing Day

Office Closures 2013

Date

Closed for:

Tuesday, January 1

New Year

Wednesday, March 27

Holi

Friday, March 29

Good Friday

Wednesday, April 24

Mahavir Jayanti

Monday, May 20

Victoria Day

Monday, July 1

Canada Day

Thursday, August 15

Independence Day of India

Monday, September 9

Ganesh Chaturthi

Wednesday, October 2

Mahatama Gandhi Jayanti

Wednesday, December 25

Christmas

Thursday, December 26

Boxing Day

mash_afg

Dec 31, 2011
thanks to MARVY AND RANJA
hello guys

I MAKE MY QUESION SIMPLE IF MORE GUYS CAN GIVE SUGGUESTIONS

AFTER SENDING ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS TO CIC I GOT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
LETTER IN AUGUST AND SAID ALL DOCUMENTS COMPLETE AND UR APPLICATION IS IN QUEUE PROCESSING BUT SINCE THEN I DID NOT RECIEVE ANY MORE MAIL OR EMAIL TO SAY IF MY FILE WAS TRANSFERRED OR NOT AND AT ECAS IT IS SAME ONE LINE AS BEFORE
IS IT NORMAL THIS MUCH WAITING AS IT IS THE 5TH MONTH
I APPRECIATE IF U GUYS REPLY
THANKS ALOT

zhanfenny

Dec 18, 2012
Guys, I'm having some trouble here.
I sponsored my parents in 2008, as the processing moves really slow, i returned to my home country this year staying with them while preparing document requested from CIC. Their visa was issued ate last month. But just lately I heard from friends that I need to stay in Canada while sponsoring parents, and i failed to notice CIC this as I'm not aware of it is necessary, nor did I know the residency requirement.

Now I have some options:
1. write to cic telling them the truth, and ask them to reassess the case or maybe cancel their visa if necessary
concern: will they still charge me of misrepresent despite i told them the truth before my parents land as PR

2. go back to canada with my parents to land, but may have some trouble if i want to sponsor anyone in the future

thanks a lot for any input

apple_talk

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Pilot)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-01-2012
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
16-04-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Passport Req..
04-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
got email from CIC officer at CPP-O who is assigned our file that he is waiting for medicals results & fee payments transfer from old file. He also gave me new file number & said will be able to review & process our case "within weeks" without delay. Let's see.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
zhanfenny said:
I sponsored my parents in 2008, as the processing moves really slow, i returned to my home country this year staying with them while preparing document requested from CIC. Their visa was issued ate last month. But just lately I heard from friends that I need to stay in Canada while sponsoring parents, and i failed to notice CIC this as I'm not aware of it is necessary, nor did I know the residency requirement.

Now I have some options:
1. write to cic telling them the truth, and ask them to reassess the case or maybe cancel their visa if necessary
concern: will they still charge me of misrepresent despite i told them the truth before my parents land as PR

2. go back to canada with my parents to land, but may have some trouble if i want to sponsor anyone in the future

Don't think there is anything like that

nanapush

Oct 31, 2008
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTOWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-06-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
19-04-2012
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
will land on 5th Feb
apple_talk said:
got email from CIC officer at CPP-O who is assigned our file that he is waiting for medicals results & fee payments transfer from old file. He also gave me new file number & said will be able to review & process our case "within weeks" without delay. Let's see.
That's good news !

LATTIM

Jul 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2008
File Transfer...
02-05-2012
Med's Request
12-07-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
15-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2013
LANDED..........
25-01-2013
zhanfenny said:
you mean it is not necessary to stay in canada all the time?
True
first of all ,there is no such condition
Second , you can go on vacation to your home country, no restriction on that
Thirdly I am sure you must have residential ties with Canada , like insurance policy , bank accounts etc.
Don't worry at most iff you can do come to Canada before your parents land here ( it is not necessary but iff you have doubt)

jasu

Jun 13, 2012
user828 said:
hi Jasu, can you kindly reply to my query before. Also, please share your timeline and what exactly happened with your case as it can help others ( please provide details )
I have already given my details earlier as well; again I am writing:

My time frame is

Applied on May 2008
Letter from CPC Mississauga on November 25, 2011 stating the rejection; as not having enough income and the case was sent from CPC Mississauga to New Delhi as rejected and a visa officer will notify our rejection. But it was not true. It was a miscalculation made on their part. Had to send emails to Mississauga; but all in vain. They stated that my case is sent to New Delhi and I have to contact them. Started writing emails and faxes to New Delhi with copy to CPC Mississauga. After around two months, I got a letter from CPC stating that the rejection is withdrawn and my case is considered. But the case remained in LVO.

Secondly; The application received date should be May xx 2008; but still there is a error; it says "Application Received on December 30, 2011". I tried to rectify the same; but all futile. Still it is with same error.

Thirdly in as per November, 2011 email; had to resubmit all the forms; original PCC; all forms; relationship between sponsor and sponsored; original death certificate and the request to do the medicals and submit the orignal passport.

The medicals were done on November 22, 2012 and send all the documents in one pack to New Delhi on November 27, 2012.

Fourthly Got a email on December 01, 2012 to resubmit the original death certificate of the spouse i.e. my father.

Answered the email stating that we have already send the original death certificate along with certified english translations.

Thats all till now.

Thanks Kandel again.

marvy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Port-of-Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-26-2009
Doc's Request.
30-03-2012
AOR Received.
07-17-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Request
09-12-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2014
LANDED..........
waiting
mash_afg said:
thanks to MARVY AND RANJA
hello guys

I MAKE MY QUESION SIMPLE IF MORE GUYS CAN GIVE SUGGUESTIONS

AFTER SENDING ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS TO CIC I GOT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
LETTER IN AUGUST AND SAID ALL DOCUMENTS COMPLETE AND UR APPLICATION IS IN QUEUE PROCESSING BUT SINCE THEN I DID NOT RECIEVE ANY MORE MAIL OR EMAIL TO SAY IF MY FILE WAS TRANSFERRED OR NOT AND AT ECAS IT IS SAME ONE LINE AS BEFORE
IS IT NORMAL THIS MUCH WAITING AS IT IS THE 5TH MONTH
I APPRECIATE IF U GUYS REPLY
THANKS ALOT
Yes it is normal, since my complete docuument aor date was july 17th 2012 and my status did not change until dec 10th. I am sure sure you will hear something real soon. keep the faith. Can you put up your time line
for us

zhanfenny

Dec 18, 2012
LATTIM said:
True
first of all ,there is no such condition
Second , you can go on vacation to your home country, no restriction on that
Thirdly I am sure you must have residential ties with Canada , like insurance policy , bank accounts etc.
Don't worry at most iff you can do come to Canada before your parents land here ( it is not necessary but iff you have doubt)
thank you. i do have strong tie with canada (bank acct, rrsp acct, credit card, investment). however, i do know there is one guy got rejected because of leaving canada after sponsorship is approved. although i'm not sure if that is due to the fact that he claims as non-resident with cra (which means he is not planning to come back for long term).

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhanfenny said:

Now I have some options:

If your parents have already got visa stamped on their passports, then please do not inform CIC about anything. Just quietly move back to Canada first and then let your parents land. Keep it simple. You will be fine.

zhanfenny

Dec 18, 2012
rajmalhotra7 said:
If your parents have already got visa stamped on their passports, then please do not inform CIC about anything. Just quietly move back to Canada first and then let your parents land. Keep it simple. You will be fine.
will i get any trouble if i want to my sponsor my girlfriend in the future? as they will find out i was not in canada on the spousal sponsorship application form.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
a2008 said:
Hi everyone! Nice to see lots of helpful information here!

My wife and I are sponsoring her parents.

Acknowledgement letter received in June 2008. Yesterday we received the letter requesting additional documents and asked to send them back to CPC in Mississauga. This is a good sign! At least they started looking at our application.

I have few questions regarding the new process and required documents.

1. They asked for Option C Printout for the tax year of original sponsorship application only (2008 in my case). Did anyone send them current financial status as well? Our family income increased substantially since 2008 and I just was wondering if this information should be updated as well.

2. Since our family income changed, we now can sponsor more people. I was wondering if it is possible to add my parents into the application at this stage or we will need to submit separate application for them once the sponsorship resumed (I hope it will).

3. My wife's parents are legally leaving with us since 2007 (3 years my father-in-law had worker status and his wife was accompanying him as visitor and now they both have visitor status for last 3). Originally I was going to send application to Buffalo, but it looks like the process has been changed recently. What would be the next steps after I send additional documents to CPC in Mississauga taking into account that my wife's parents are living with us in Canada (Toronto).

Thanks for your feedback and good luck!
bolded

1) Very common to ask option c, infact it was required during initial app AFAIK ( I did it )
3) It will probably be sent to CPP-O or home country ( after approval ), depends on how CPC-M sees fit