Snspring said:
Hi guys,

Today I received my GCMS note, no news for me :(

I need your help with this please:

App Status Reason : Inventory (?)

Paper File
Office: Abu Dhabi
Paper File #: Bxxxxxxxxx

what does this mean? does this means my file is in registry and not even opened? :(

And I send PCC without requesting and there is no mention about PCC in the GCMS note, what deos this mean? any idea?

Thanks in advance.
Email or Fax them, I sent them PCC to ND w/o them asking and it shows under INCOMING

Received PCC X 3 ( 2 INDIA, 1 US ) - Same Attached and PA'ed to file

Anik had same issue, he had to go back and forth to confirm that

Snspring

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO: Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-05-2012
Med's Request
30-05-2014
user828 said:
Email or Fax them, I sent them PCC to ND w/o them asking and it shows under INCOMING

thanks user828 for your reply. I checked under INCOMING nothing about pcc. I will send them an email and inquire about it.

AtulW

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO- Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2007
File Transfer...
Nov 2009
Med's Request
Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
11-12-2012
raju735 said:
i m in same boat.......BTW what does ur ecas status show?
applied in dec 2007
medical done on Oct 30,2012
passport submitted in 1st week of nov 2012
ecas shows - IN PROCESS
We received your application for permanent residence on May 12, 2011.

We started processing your application on September 25, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

Ecas: "in process"

Nick Manickam

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
Hello All,

I am writing for future reference as i am a new PR. I guess i will have to wait a while to sponsor parents.

Could someone brief me about the process? When are we eligible to apply? Documents? Funds? etc etc....

Response will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Nick

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
Nick Manickam said:
Hello All,

I am writing for future reference as i am a new PR. I guess i will have to wait a while to sponsor parents.

Could someone brief me about the process? When are we eligible to apply? Documents? Funds? etc etc....

Response will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Nick
Welcome to Canada!

At present, since there is a backlog of over 150K applications, CIC has put a pause on Parents/Grandparents sponsorship. This pause is expected to be removed some time in 2014. However, there would be a lot of changes as to who is eligible to sponsor their parents. As of now, CIC has started a new program for parents called "SuperVisa". Its just like a visit visa, but specifically for parents/grandparents and it has the added benefit of letting your parents stay for upto 2 years at a time (which can be extended later). You can sponsor your parents through this visa or you can use the regular visit visa - which has a limit of stay for up to 6 months (which also can be extended).

All the best!

Nick Manickam

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
sakamath said:
Welcome to Canada!

At present, since there is a backlog of over 150K applications, CIC has put a pause on Parents/Grandparents sponsorship. This pause is expected to be removed some time in 2014. However, there would be a lot of changes as to who is eligible to sponsor their parents. As of now, CIC has started a new program for parents called "SuperVisa". Its just like a visit visa, but specifically for parents/grandparents and it has the added benefit of letting your parents stay for upto 2 years at a time (which can be extended later). You can sponsor your parents through this visa or you can use the regular visit visa - which has a limit of stay for up to 6 months (which also can be extended).

All the best!
Thank you Sakamath. I really wish your mom's visa is done soon. Can see the patience you have been through. All d best and thanks again.

Kind Regards,

Nick

D_India

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/03/2009
Doc's Request.
30/03/2012
File Transfer...
10/08/2012 (New Delhi) AOR from LVO : 25/08/2012
Med's Request
26/11/2012
Med's Done....
08/12/2012
Passport Req..
26/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
17/10/2013
LANDED..........
will land in November 2013
Hello All,

I am on this forum after long time.
Congraulation to all who have received the visa or have positive updates in their case.

I am waiting for medical request. I think it will be next year.
All the best to everyone here.

Nouna

Apr 3, 2007
I will be applying for the GCMS notes for my parents and I have a few questions
1-I have submitted already the use of representative form when I sent the additional documents in response to the 90 day letter , do I need to submit another one in order to get the notes

2-Which one should I choose under the electronic file , status of an application OR immigration file in Canada

Appreciate everyone's help to let me know your feedback

Thanks

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nouna said:
I will be applying for the GCMS notes for my parents and I have a few questions
1-I have submitted already the use of representative form when I sent the additional documents in response to the 90 day letter , do I need to submit another one in order to get the notes

2-Which one should I choose under the electronic file , status of an application OR immigration file in Canada

Appreciate everyone's help to let me know your feedback

Thanks
1. You would have to include the representative form for each GCMS request that you make.
2. Choose, "Status of an application"

Nouna

Apr 3, 2007
sakamath said:
1. You would have to include the representative form for each GCMS request that you make.
2. Choose, "Status of an application"
Thank you very much Sakamath for your feedback
One last question which I forgot to ask, is the file number the one which starts with F or do I just use the UCI number and my parents file was transferred to ottawa so would the location be Ottawa or the country of residence?
Thanks

Andrei_T

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-FEB-2008
Doc's Request.
25-NOV-2011
File Transfer...
18-JAN-2012
Med's Request
13-FEB-2012
Med's Done....
21-FEB-2012
Passport Req..
1-NOV-2012
VISA ISSUED...
7-NOV-2012
LANDED..........
7-DEC-2012
Kerria said:
cesca, Andrei_T, rajmalhotra7, kandel: thank you very much!!!

rajmalhotra7: :D :D Yeeees, the famous tax credit due to an old person we are in charge with...
It has been 5 years (and 5 income tax declarations) since I've first noticed this tiny line and kept dreaming that one day I will be able to use it....

P.S. Taking a closer look to the COPR, I noticed a 'Medical file' area, and a 'Monitoring code'.
In French: 'Dossier medical' and 'Code de surveillance'.
My mom's code is 11.
Do you happen to know what does it mean?
In the letter accompanying the PP, I read that codes 2.02 and 2.04 imply an extra monitoring sheet of paper to be sent by the embassy.
For Surveillance for 'Inactive Tuberculosis', you must telephone the
public health authority in your province i.e. Ontario. Here is their
telephone #: 1-888-608-6880

When you telephone the public health authority, you will be asked for
information on your "Medical Surveillance Undertaking" form i.e. IMM
0535B, which you should have available at the time you make the
telephone call.

You will be instructed where and when you must attend for your
follow-up appointment. Please take your IMM 0535B and this paper with
you at that time.

If you change your address or telephone number before the public
health follow-up is completed, you are required to provide this
updated information to the public health authority in your area.

Questions regarding medical surveillance can be directed to:

Health Branch
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Ave. West, 3rd floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1
Fax: (613) 952-3891
e-mail: Nat-Med-Surveillance @ cic.gc.ca

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op15-eng.pdf

Good luck. Hope it helps you.

rouzbeh

Oct 17, 2012
Sorry this question might have been answered, but I am so worried about this that's why I am asking, We received letter for submitting medical documents and additional document and we did all last month.

Does anyone know how long does it take to issue visa? We applied for my mother for her temporary visiting visa and I just received letter that they refused it, I am worried if this is related to immigration visa as well.

I appreciate your answer. :( :(

Thank you

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
user828 said:

Yes, that is right. I did send PCCs to our LVO without waiting for the request (hoped to speed things up as well as due to the PCCs being close to 3 months date since isseu date, just in case).
Anyway, initially when I emailed to LVO trying to confirm the receipt they sent me a useless 'standard' generic reply that I shoudl not send anything to them if I do not have file # (the ironic thing is that I HAD file number and quoted it everywere - in PCC cover letter as well as in all inquiry emails, I would not have sent without file #)
Later, after I actually received the request for PCC by email from LVO I emailed them again saying that I already mailed PCCs couple of months ago and this time they replied and confirmed that those PCCs were located and are on file. I do see a similar record as above in my GCMS notes (but not sure if they put that note as soon as they recevied those or much later when they located them after my numerous emails :) They are not always diligent with updating that global system.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nouna said:
Thank you very much Sakamath for your feedback
One last question which I forgot to ask, is the file number the one which starts with F or do I just use the UCI number and my parents file was transferred to ottawa so would the location be Ottawa or the country of residence?
Thanks
You're welcome! thats what we all are here for - to help each other!
You can provide the file number that starts with "F" - also do not forget to mention the Visa Office where the file is currently located.

Snspring

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO: Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-05-2012
Med's Request
30-05-2014
Anik said:
Yes, that is right. I did send PCCs to our LVO without waiting for the request (hoped to speed things up as well as due to the PCCs being close to 3 months date since isseu date, just in case).
Anyway, initially when I emailed to LVO trying to confirm the receipt they sent me a useless 'standard' generic reply that I shoudl not send anything to them if I do not have file # (the ironic thing is that I HAD file number and quoted it everywere - in PCC cover letter as well as in all inquiry emails, I would not have sent without file #)
Later, after I actually received the request for PCC by email from LVO I emailed them again saying that I already mailed PCCs couple of months ago and this time they replied and confirmed that those PCCs were located and are on file. I do see a similar record as above in my GCMS notes (but not sure if they put that note as soon as they recevied those or much later when they located them after my numerous emails :) They are not always diligent with updating that global system.
Thanks Anik for your reply. I sent them an email and inquire about it. I will wait to see what they reply.