+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

habibmanzoor75

Oct 5, 2012
user828 said:
Actuall the trend I am noticing is

Ottawa > Meds > PPR after 8-9 months from LVO
LVO > Meds, PPR ( assuming they have PCC ) > after 6-7 months and PP returns after 2 months

I guess the pace is same for both

*Exceptions will always be there*
Almost everyone on mytimelines has decesion made already and their file has been transferred. I am wondering whats the delay on my case.
Even people after my submission got the approvals. Worried :(

deepak07

Star Member
May 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 15,2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25,2011
AOR Received.
June 19,2012
File Transfer...
April 18,2012
Med's Request
Nov 08,2012
Passport Req..
Nov 08,2012
I have confusion regarding checking ecas status. If I put my Dad's (principle applicant) information with the file number, I don't get any information and it says to make sure that information is correct and the other case is that the service is available for the applications in process It doesn't work even with his UCI number. I can check the information just with my information. How you guys check the ecas status using your parents information?

Canadian_Sponsor

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
rajmalhotra7 said:
You guys have been really unfortunate.. 2.5 months since decision made... and no PPR.... pethatic.... technical reasons??? What that could be? Either issue PPR (for LVO to stamp visa) or mail COPR (if from visa exempt country) or ask LVO to send COPR.
In my case GCMS shows <nothing> on Background/Security/Criminal/ICFU Check, so I am guessing it might be background checking which takes so long? From the other side - WHY it might take so long? All fingertips were submitted, my parents are 70+ years old, been in 4 countries only in their lives, and they are US 'Green Card' holders, so they already passed serious background check when they were getting US 'Green Cards'... so what could possibly cause the background check to be completed for Canada in last 8 months? :(

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Canadian_Sponsor said:
In my case GCMS shows <nothing> on Background/Security/Criminal/ICFU Check, so I am guessing it might be background checking which takes so long? From the other side - WHY it might take so long? All fingertips were submitted, my parents are 70+ years old, been in 4 countries only in their lives, and they are US 'Green Card' holders, so they already passed serious background check when they were getting US 'Green Cards'... so what could possibly cause the background check to be completed for Canada in last 8 months? :(
Maybe try to query through an MP? I never tried that so I am not sure if that depends on a particular MP wilingness to help or if this is something they are supposed to do if asked... Also not sure how long it takes (i.e.same 30 days or less) but given that your parents medicals are getting close to expiry maybe it is worth trying?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&amp;C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
samjulia2012 said:
Some good news to share...Our parents got their passport back today! they won't need to reschedule their flight now. We had email the office last week to request them to get the passport back as soon as possible given our circumstance. we didn't hear anything back and last night sent a follup email and got a reply back this morning telling us that the passports were already couriered out. We called our parents right away and they told us the good news. We are so releve that everything worked out just in time and they will land as plan next Monday. Wish everyone best of luck with their application.
wow! such good news! congratulations! :)

Luck786

Apr 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Habib manzoor
If your LVO is Isb your file will most probably 99.99% go to ISB.
That is the only unfortunate LVO which got 100 % cases .None parental case end up to Ottawa.Apparently they need more detailed info from us :mad:.Moreover they haven't issued any PR so far to first batch.They let the parent's meds expired and didn't issue any PR to previous cases.
They should be working fast and not creating a backlog again.God knows what their plans are.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&amp;C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
taking4eva said:
Good news! I receive approval letter to sponsor parents via regular mail today October 17th, no dependents on my file, letter is dated October 12th, file was transfered to Port of Spain which is the LVO for my country, Ecas status shows decision made under sponsor application status and permanent residence status continues to show applicaton recieved.

FYI
Application to Sponsor July 10th 2008.
Request for forms/documents March 30th 2012.
Completed forms/documents sent May 2012
Application complete letter received July 11th, dated July 4th.
congratulations! :)

taking4eva

Jun 14, 2012
canvis2006 said:
congrats @ taking4eva,

Seems they mailed your letter quickly too, our AOR for "docs are complete and in queue" took 3 weeks to arrive back in august.

habibmanzoor, do you ave dependents in

Thanks

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
I informed New Delhi via fax that my folks are currently visitng me in Canada and if they request passports, can it be done via Seattle

This is their response, within 1 day

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

If the applicant or dependents are currently outside of India, or have upcoming or frequent travel outside of India, they are not required to submit passports at this time. However, if they are not submitting their passport with the other items requested, they or their authorized representative must submit a letter explaining why they are unable to submit their passport. When the processing of the application has reached the final review stage, we will send a second request letter. Once the applicant receives this letter, they must submit their passport by the date specified, failing which the application may be refused.

Please note that waiting for a second passport request will delay the completion of processing of the application.

The visa(s) can only be issued by the visa office where the application is in process and cannot be transferred to Canada or any other visa office for visa issuance. As well, Indian law prohibits the sending of passports in and out of the country by mail or courier.

Once the applicant submits their passport, they will need to provide a mailing address in India to which their passport can be returned by Registered mail after the visa is issued. If that address is different than the address currently on file, they will need to submit an original letter, signed by them or their authorized representative, requesting a change of address.

A trusted friend, relative, or agent may send, through the secure means outlined above, from within India, their passport to our office on their behalf. However, please note that it is the applicant's responsibility to send the passports to our office in adherence with international law and within the deadline which we have given for such submission.

Applicants can check the status of their case on the CIC website by clicking on Client Application Status. For actual processing times of permanent resident applications in New Delhi for the last 12 months, please click here. Applicants may also refer to our website, www.india.gc.ca, for more information about processing times.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section -8.
High Commission of Canada
PO Box 5209
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi, India 110021

Fax number: 4178-2031

Websites/ Sites web: www.india.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca
www.vfs-canada.co.in

For all e-mail correspondence with our office, we request you to use the enquiries form at:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi
Always include the applicant's full name, date of birth, passport number and file number in your message.

sonali

Sep 28, 2012
Hello everyone! Good news to share that my parents got their passport back with magic sticker on it from ND.E-cas status changed from application received to decesion made last week after 10 months of medical and passport sent to ND. Finely wait is over in my cas and parents with two sisters are planning to fly soon.
Best of luck to everyone and this will be my last post.
If anyone want to see my time line please check spread sheet.

Nouna

Apr 3, 2007
The e-case status has changed to in process today , can someone kindly let me know what does that mean , when I clicked on the link it just says we starting processing your application on xxxxx but did not say medicals have been received yet

Thank you

deepak07

Star Member
May 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 15,2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25,2011
AOR Received.
June 19,2012
File Transfer...
April 18,2012
Med's Request
Nov 08,2012
Passport Req..
Nov 08,2012
user828 said:
I informed New Delhi via fax that my folks are currently visitng me in Canada and if they request passports, can it be done via Seattle

This is their response, within 1 day

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

If the applicant or dependents are currently outside of India, or have upcoming or frequent travel outside of India, they are not required to submit passports at this time. However, if they are not submitting their passport with the other items requested, they or their authorized representative must submit a letter explaining why they are unable to submit their passport. When the processing of the application has reached the final review stage, we will send a second request letter. Once the applicant receives this letter, they must submit their passport by the date specified, failing which the application may be refused.

Please note that waiting for a second passport request will delay the completion of processing of the application.

The visa(s) can only be issued by the visa office where the application is in process and cannot be transferred to Canada or any other visa office for visa issuance. As well, Indian law prohibits the sending of passports in and out of the country by mail or courier.

Once the applicant submits their passport, they will need to provide a mailing address in India to which their passport can be returned by Registered mail after the visa is issued. If that address is different than the address currently on file, they will need to submit an original letter, signed by them or their authorized representative, requesting a change of address.

A trusted friend, relative, or agent may send, through the secure means outlined above, from within India, their passport to our office on their behalf. However, please note that it is the applicant's responsibility to send the passports to our office in adherence with international law and within the deadline which we have given for such submission.

Applicants can check the status of their case on the CIC website by clicking on Client Application Status. For actual processing times of permanent resident applications in New Delhi for the last 12 months, please click here. Applicants may also refer to our website, www.india.gc.ca, for more information about processing times.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section -8.
High Commission of Canada
PO Box 5209
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi, India 110021

Fax number: 4178-2031

Websites/ Sites web: www.india.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca
www.vfs-canada.co.in

For all e-mail correspondence with our office, we request you to use the enquiries form at:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi
Always include the applicant's full name, date of birth, passport number and file number in your message.
Can you check the e-cas status using your parents information?

parkbr

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2009
Doc's Request.
Mar 30 2012
AOR Received.
May 18 2012
File Transfer...
Jun 4 2012
Med's Request
Aug 1 2012
Med's Done....
Aug 13 2012 (Sent on 16th)
Passport Req..
Oct 29 2012
Nouna said:
The e-case status has changed to in process today , can someone kindly let me know what does that mean , when I clicked on the link it just says we starting processing your application on xxxxx but did not say medicals have been received yet

Thank you
Nouna, could you please share us your timeline and where it has been transferred to?
I think it means they're working on your file, but have not yet passed the medical (or the medical results are not yet been reviewed or under review.) based on what other members say.

I think it's a good sign, but please note that one member in the forum, if I remember correctly, got PPR without status change (still shows as 'APPLICATION RECEIVED').