+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

kkf80

Aug 7, 2011
Anyone from last batch of applications that were submitted in July/August 2007 to Mississauga. Our application was approved in July 2011.

My parents submitted the immigration application in Islamabad in January 2012 and they haven’t even started the initial assessment. It seems that they forgot the old applications since the applications from 2008 and 2009 have been in process in Islamabad.

Any comments would be appreciated.

ladyinwaiting

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
25-02-2012
Med's Request
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
01-12-2012
Passport Req..
10-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2013
LANDED..........
23-02-2013
For the person who received a letter staying his brother is not eligible: You need to collect every single piece of evidence you possibly can that proves he's been studying full time (and not working, and living with his parents, or fully supported by them) ever since attaining the age of 22 until now.

The dependent thing can be very confusing. I was 18 (about to turn 19) when my brother filled the application in 2008, at that time, if I'm not mistaken the cut age WAS 18, not 22. I was worried out of my mind, but I remained dependent on my parents and living with them all those years. I landed at the age of 23 (I turn 24 this year), no proof of studies were requested at all.

So, in short:

If the dependent was less than 22 years old at the time the application was filled: he must remain living with his/her parents (or something that proves his parents pays for his/her living), no need to prove studies, and remain unmarried.
If the dependent was +22: he also must remain living with his parents (or something that proves his parents pays for his/her living), unmarried and studying full time since attaining the age of 22.

I have a friend who was 22 exactly the time the application was filled, she recently landed at the age of 26 (almost 27) but she provided all the documentation of her full time studies and that she was living with her parents.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
Nicely explained...lady(NoLonger)inwaiting :)

Welcome to Canada, btw.

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
ladyinwaiting said:
For the person who received a letter staying his brother is not eligible: You need to collect every single piece of evidence you possibly can that proves he's been studying full time (and not working, and living with his parents, or fully supported by them) ever since attaining the age of 22 until now.

The dependent thing can be very confusing. I was 18 (about to turn 19) when my brother filled the application in 2008, at that time, if I'm not mistaken the cut age WAS 18, not 22. I was worried out of my mind, but I remained dependent on my parents and living with them all those years. I landed at the age of 23 (I turn 24 this year), no proof of studies were requested at all.

So, in short:

If the dependent was less than 22 years old at the time the application was filled: he must remain living with his/her parents (or something that proves his parents pays for his/her living), no need to prove studies, and remain unmarried.
If the dependent was +22: he also must remain living with his parents (or something that proves his parents pays for his/her living), unmarried and studying full time since attaining the age of 22.

I have a friend who was 22 exactly the time the application was filled, she recently landed at the age of 26 (almost 27) but she provided all the documentation of her full time studies and that she was living with her parents.
What if the dependent is working just during the summer break?

T

torontonian999

If the dependent is less than 22 at the time of application, then the only requirement is to stay single to maintain the dependent status. He or she can stop studying, can start working and become financially independent or move out and live on his/her own.

ladyinwaiting said:

So, in short:

Sandy978

Star Member
Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2008
Doc's Request.
Nov-2012
AOR Received.
July-2012
Med's Request
Nov-2012
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Passport Req..
Nov 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 13, 2013
LANDED..........
:) soon
Browneagle said:
They said the reason for being a student for that long is to be considered as a dependent child.

Have your parents and siblings never send their Pcc, medical and ppr? I am new and I am not sure about your timeline..

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
torontonian999 said:
If the dependent is less than 22 at the time of application, then the only requirement is to stay single to maintain the dependent status. He or she can stop studying, can start working and become financially independent or move out and live on his/her own.

[/quote
thank you. Yes when I applied my brother was under 18. He is 20now

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
RajaJi said:
SPONSORSHIP TIMELINE UPDATED

If anyone has updates on their application not already recorded in SPONSORSHIP TIMELINE spreadsheet, please post it and I will update the spreadsheet. Thanks.
Accidentally clicked on YES and NO option came up - couldn't save though but it wasn't like this b4

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
Roozirooti said:
I provided my email address on the principal applicant IMM0008 FORM....but CIC sent regular mail which was returned and received back by CIC undelivered some how. CIC LVO called principal applicant and confirmed the address and informed that documents will be sent in a week. Haven't received any letter yet.
Have you provided the e mail of principal applicant? I am co signer.....representative and not receiving any information from LVO. any comments will be appreciated.
Did you submit the representative form for yourself and put your email add in it? Why was the mail undelivered?

Roozirooti

Star Member
Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2012 - PCC requested by LVO and submitted in Sep.
Med's Request
June 2013
Med's Done....
June-July 2013
Interview........
waived-Status change to In process on July 8, 2014
Passport Req..
Nov 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2015
LANDED..........
Landed on Feb 05 2016
Yes I provided my e mail address and I am representative as well.
Not sure why they sent regular mail to principal applicant. Pricipal applicant sent a fax to LVO last week....no response yet......another observation is that my mailing address as sponsor and the principal applicant address are same while cecking online status with my UCI and Principal applicant file mumber (Pakistan address)....where as mine address should of Canadian address.....I sent an e mail to Mississagua to fix this.....are u seeing the same address in Ur case too?
Desperate and dejected......Pray for me
I checked and found that the office I mentioned on represntative form is Mississagua......should I fill another form for representation with LVO ISB on it and send it again.........any adviuse please

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Roozirooti said:
Yes I provided my e mail address and I am representative as well.
Not sure why they sent regular mail to principal applicant. Pricipal applicant sent a fax to LVO last week....no response yet......another observation is that my mailing address as sponsor and the principal applicant address are same while cecking online status with my UCI and Principal applicant file mumber (Pakistan address)....where as mine address should of Canadian address.....I sent an e mail to Mississagua to fix this.....are u seeing the same address in Ur case too?
Desperate and dejected......Pray for me
I too became rep and yet ND ignored and sent to HOME address, they simply ignore everything

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
user828 said:
Accidentally clicked on YES and NO option came up - couldn't save though but it wasn't like this b4
Google has changed 'how dropdown list opens' - I also noticed this today.

cobweb

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
13-08-2012
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
27-Jan-2014
RajaJi said:
SPONSORSHIP TIMELINE UPDATED

If anyone has updates on their application not already recorded in SPONSORSHIP TIMELINE spreadsheet, please post it and I will update the spreadsheet. Thanks.
Rajaji mine isn,t on spreadsheet i guess , my timeline on left side

kkf80

Aug 7, 2011
Anyone who submitted the parents application to Islamabad in late 2011 / early 2012. do you guys know where is the process for the old files......