26-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-12-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013 (passport mailed out on 04-06-2013 and received on 07-06-2013)
raju735 said:
hey guys.....i have good news to share :), today i rec'd a letter in mail, it is medical request for my mom and also advising to submit passport.
the letter is dated 1st Oct 2012 and i rec'd it today Oct 19, 2012
Finally after long wait we got medical request, so it can be concluded that after file transferred to ND it takes about 5 months for medical request ( my file was transferred to ND on May 17, 2012)
Congratulations but the 5 month is not true since I am already on my 7th month buddy.

ranja

Nov 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2008
AOR Received.
June 2012
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-12-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013 (passport mailed out on 04-06-2013 and received on 07-06-2013)
Teri said:
Today I have time and decided to write to you my virtual friends.
I am in Canada. I came on 2 September.
The flight was very, very long, 9 hours.
At border the officers were very kind and all was done very quickly.
Maybe because my daughter was with me, I don`t know, but it was organized and fast.
Even I had documentation for the container and it was done also very quickly.
So it was really a nice welcome.
My wishes are for all of you who are still waiting to get the visa for your parents and finally to finish that long waiting game.
Good to hear that you reached Canada and are united with your family. Enjoy whats left of the fall, winter is almost here.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
raju735 said:
hey guys.....i have good news to share :), today i rec'd a letter in mail, it is medical request for my mom and also advising to submit passport.
Finally after long wait we got medical request, so it can be concluded that after file transferred to ND it takes about 5 months for medical request ( my file was transferred to ND on May 17, 2012)
Congrats Raju, you must be relieved. Some of the files were transferred in March and April ( mine ) and yet nothing but I believe yours came sooner coz were applicant from 2007

seang

Aug 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2009
Doc's Request.
31-03-2012
AOR Received.
17-07-2012
File Transfer...
02-10-2012
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
29-10-2012
habibmanzoor75 said:
Another week is gone, no email no letter.

I am also worried as so many people with similar timelines to me got the first stage approvals already. What should I do.
You are around the same timeline as me, looking at the spreadsheet you sent your docs in about 2 weeks after me, and I got my approval about 2 weeks ago, hopefully that means you are close

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Raj

I checked with UPS, DHL, Fedex - all said in order to mail PP to US, they need immigration document and/or birth certificate - no clue what they mean by this

I then asked about Canada to India, they said it can only be mailed to the Embassy - I was like what Embassy? she was like Embassy of India. I explained India doesn't have own Embassy there, if they mean Canadian Embassy - she had no answer but definitely cannot send to a person

Another user febreet at Canadian Desi - his folks are in India and got PP request for Seattle and the parents are back in Delhi. So if PP cannot be mailed, how is one supposed to send it to Seattle?

gaggidhillon

Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2008
Doc's Request.
30 nov 2011
Nomination.....
27-jan-2012 doc send
AOR Received.
11-may-2012
File Transfer...
29 august 2012,AOR FROM NEW DELHI ON 9 OCTOBER 2012
Med's Request
08-NOV-2012
Med's Done....
07 dec 2012,ecas acknowledge medical on 30/12/12
Passport Req..
08-NOV-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06- march 2013 ("address change on 8 march"DM on 11 march")
LANDED..........
Last week of march
raju735 said:
Congrats i told you that your medical request would be soon i know they send medical upto 31 dec 2007

Canadian_Sponsor

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Question 1. Does anyone know if passports can be delivered in person to LVO and picked up in person, by parents (or someone who has authorisation from parents, daughter for example)? [I guess I know the answer, but just to confirm before my 2nd question].

Question 2. If the answer to above is Yes, how long it takes for LVO to issue visa? If, let say, I handed over passport to LVO today morning, will they return passport with visa in the evening?

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user828 said:
Its been 10 years since I saw that paper, I would have imagined they issue PR cards directly now
If you became PR before June 2002, you'd have different landing paper (other than COPR). I guess during that time visa was not stamped on passports and landing paper used to be proof of PR. I don't know whether old landing paper could be used for travel or not. But, COPR cannot be used for travel by commercial carrier.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user828 said:
Raj

I checked with UPS, DHL, Fedex - all said in order to mail PP to US, they need immigration document and/or birth certificate - no clue what they mean by this

I then asked about Canada to India, they said it can only be mailed to the Embassy - I was like what Embassy? she was like Embassy of India. I explained India doesn't have own Embassy there, if they mean Canadian Embassy - she had no answer but definitely cannot send to a person

Another user febreet at Canadian Desi - his folks are in India and got PP request for Seattle and the parents are back in Delhi. So if PP cannot be mailed, how is one supposed to send it to Seattle?
I don't know about current rules for sure. But below is my 2004 story for visa stamping:

I got my immigrant visa stamped in 2004 from Canadian Consulate General Seattle, USA and I was living in India. I was asked by my lawyer/consultant in USA to send my passport to him so that he can send it to Consulate in Seattle for immigrant visa stamping or I can choose to appear in-person at Consulate in Seattle for stamping. I did not have a US visa at that time, so I wanted to send my passport by courier.

I went to a DHL regional office in New Delhi and was told that I can send my passport (Export) out of India legally and commercially through courier or regular mail as per Indian Law. However, according to US law, If I am sending my passport to a personal address in USA (my lawyer's address), US customs can withheld my passport for 2-3 months on security grounds and screening. Also, instead of sending my passport to my lawyer, If I send my passport directly to Canadian Consulate General, Seattle my passport will be deliverd in regular time of 4-5 days without any delay at US Customs.

Now the catch-22, according to Indian Law in 2004, I could not import (commercially through courier or mail) my own passport from USA or any other country even if the passport was directly sent by any Embassy, High Commission, or Consulate. I found it contradictory that as per Indian Law I can send my passport out of India commercially but can not get it back.

I sent my passport by DHL Courier directly to Consulate in Seattle and requested them to return my passport after stamping to my lawyer in USA. Later on, one of my friend got my passport back with him to India.

So, if the passport is now allowed to send by courier from India to Canadian Consulate in Seattle, then send it and receive it back in Canada from Seattle. Then someone will have to fly to India to deliver passport in India.

Courier company, DHL, if asking for immigration document - may be they would need a copy of PPR and passport then can be be sent directly to Seattle office.

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
habibmanzoor75 said:
Another week is gone, no email no letter.

I am also worried as so many people with similar timelines to me got the first stage approvals already. What should I do.
I have almost same timeline and i recvd my AOR on July 12/12 and no sign of anything yet. I think we should give at lease 1 more month before contacting CIC.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
ICJ said:
Hi All,
I wanted to share good news that today my parents received their passport back with Visa stamping.
Thanks for all your support and advice! Good luck to you all too.
Great news! Congratulations! :)
Did you parents send their passport to Seattle?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
rajmalhotra7 said:
If you became PR before June 2002, you'd have different landing paper (other than COPR). I guess during that time visa was not stamped on passports and landing paper used to be proof of PR. I don't know whether old landing paper could be used for travel or not. But, COPR cannot be used for travel by commercial carrier.
I see, actually I came on a Student Visa and then got PR inland. I just went to the immigration office, they stapled the paper and thank you very much

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
rajmalhotra7 said:
I don't know about current rules for sure. But below is my 2004 story for visa stamping:

I got my immigrant visa stamped in 2004 from Canadian Consulate General Seattle, USA and I was living in India. I was asked by my lawyer/consultant in USA to send my passport to him so that he can send it to Consulate in Seattle for immigrant visa stamping or I can choose to appear in-person at Consulate in Seattle for stamping. I did not have a US visa at that time, so I wanted to send my passport by courier.

I went to a DHL regional office in New Delhi and was told that I can send my passport (Export) out of India legally and commercially through courier or regular mail as per Indian Law. However, according to US law, If I am sending my passport to a personal address in USA (my lawyer's address), US customs can withheld my passport for 2-3 months on security grounds and screening. Also, instead of sending my passport to my lawyer, If I send my passport directly to Canadian Consulate General, Seattle my passport will be deliverd in regular time of 4-5 days without any delay at US Customs.

Now the catch-22, according to Indian Law in 2004, I could not import (commercially through courier or mail) my own passport from USA or any other country even if the passport was directly sent by any Embassy, High Commission, or Consulate. I found it contradictory that as per Indian Law I can send my passport out of India commercially but can not get it back.

I sent my passport by DHL Courier directly to Consulate in Seattle and requested them to return my passport after stamping to my lawyer in USA. Later on, one of my friend got my passport back with him to India.

So, if the passport is now allowed to send by courier from India to Canadian Consulate in Seattle, then send it and receive it back in Canada from Seattle. Then someone will have to fly to India to deliver passport in India.

Courier company, DHL, if asking for immigration document - may be they would need a copy of PPR and passport then can be be sent directly to Seattle office.
Very informative, as I was planning to send the PP to my cuz in NY who will be going to India. If US customs hold it then I better fly down and give it to him personally