Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
alba1 said:
If the passport is actually in Canada, it means the person is lawfully admitted( visitor visa or any type of visa.) Why do they have to request for the passport to give you another visa??
It's PR visa, and has to done via LVO. Check the CIC docs etc, I am hoping for some kinda alternative but I searched and everyone seems dumbfounded when it comes to sending passport, some says DHL takes it, some says no and its technically illegal to send passports so there's that

jatt-going-canada

Jan 27, 2012
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2007
Doc's Request.
jan 2011
Med's Request
jan 2012
Med's Done....
jan 2012
Interview........
nope
Passport Req..
jan 2012 along with medicals
VISA ISSUED...
october 30 2012
LANDED..........
nov 16 2012 :D
new survey on immigration levels planning..please do take part
http://cic.sondages-surveys.ca/s/immigration2013/langeng/

pimigration

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
Hi All :

Thanks for replying.

Would anyone please tell me what type of documents they ask from new delhi? Do we need to send everything again or is it some new documents?

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008 ... Confirmation of Receipt December 18, 2008
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
13-06-2012 …Submitted 13-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
user828 said:
It's PR visa, and has to done via LVO. Check the CIC docs etc, I am hoping for some kinda alternative but I searched and everyone seems dumbfounded when it comes to sending passport, some says DHL takes it, some says no and its technically illegal to send passports so there's that
Just want to share my knowledge based on my experience with couriers. I first went to this CHEAPER courier LBC...and the lady asked me what documents I am sending so I mentioned ORIGINAL PASSPORTS of course and well yeah she said UH-OH they are not allowing such document as it requires COURIER INSURANCE and she referred me to FED EX which cost 83 bucks and DHL about the same, but I went to check in Canada Post and picked the XPRESS POST which is about 70 bucks. I couldn't remember exactly the pricing. But oh YES of course you can mail original passports, but only through EXPENSIVE courier because they provide insurance for your documents. The LVO wouldn't require us to mail them original passports if it is IMPOSSIBLE and illegal.

quresa1

Feb 28, 2012
kandel said:
Hmmm..yeah dont do that, keep your file in queue....There is one more case which is similar to yours but LVO Visa office told that person that they will Re:access her case..k so i suggest dont pull out your file.I hope everything goes well for you gud luck

Thanks alot for your reply. Appreciated !

alba1

Star Member
Mar 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-3-2012
File Transfer...
13-4-2012
Med's Request
June 19, 2012
Med's Done....
June 20, 2012
user828 said:
In my country we dont have Canadian Embassy and every time smb needs visa the only way to get it is to send the passport to Rome LVO. So yes, you can mail a passport.My other concern, regarding the need for PR visa when already having a visa for Canada, I would appreciate if somebody can share the experience on that. In another thread -http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/should-i-reenter-canada-t113081.0.html- you can see that people from visa exempt countries don't receive PR in their passports, just COPR. That's why I think that having already a visa might mean they wont request the passport anymore, or at least I hope.

jatt-going-canada

Jan 27, 2012
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2007
Doc's Request.
jan 2011
Med's Request
jan 2012
Med's Done....
jan 2012
Interview........
nope
Passport Req..
jan 2012 along with medicals
VISA ISSUED...
october 30 2012
LANDED..........
nov 16 2012 :D
Moraine said:
Just want to share my knowledge based on my experience with couriers. I first went to this CHEAPER courier LBC...and the lady asked me what documents I am sending so I mentioned ORIGINAL PASSPORTS of course and well yeah she said UH-OH they are not allowing such document as it requires COURIER INSURANCE and she referred me to FED EX which cost 83 bucks and DHL about the same, but I went to check in Canada Post and picked the XPRESS POST which is about 70 bucks. I couldn't remember exactly the pricing. But oh YES of course you can mail original passports, but only through EXPENSIVE courier because they provide insurance for your documents. The LVO wouldn't require us to mail them original passports if it is IMPOSSIBLE and illegal.
in Philippines it may be legal but in india is not..

it is written in the back of passport that it cannot be mailed..only a relative can carry it and he/she should have a notarized letter along with it..
here is a pic http://www.immihelp.com/nri/indianpassport/images/sample-indian-passport-2.jpg

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Moraine said:
LVO says it's our problem to send passport, I am not sure about Philippines but it's illegal for Indian passport to be couriered or travel w/o passport holder

Ministry of External Affairs

Guidelines for Indian Passport Holders
(i) Your passport is a valuable document. It should always be retained either in your private custody or in the custody of a person duly authorized by you. Passport should not be sent out of the country of residence by post. If the passport is lost or destroyed, the fact and circumstances should be immediately reported to the nearest Indian Mission and the local police. PLEASE KEEP A PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR PASSPORT IN A SAFE PLACE. WITHOUT DETAILS OF THE LOST/DAMAGED PASSPORT, THE ISSUE OF A DUPLICATE PASSPORT MAY BE DELAYED.
==================

I have read many posts via google search an this what I found
1) People had taken rish sending passports via DHL or some other form
2) Send via relative
3) Collect in India and got it back to Canada via relative again or courier
4) People have contacted LVO New Delhi and they don't have an opinion, they don't advice but says its illegal to send passports

All the above is major risk, if caught, it can be confesticated

apple_talk

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Pilot)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-01-2012
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
16-04-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Passport Req..
04-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
ATTENTION EVERYONE!

In the CIC survey, please select "Increase by 100,000 to 150,000"

have a look at this screenshot
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/tzjqh

Everyone of us should complete this, they do not ask for any personal information.

apple_talk

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Pilot)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-01-2012
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
16-04-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Passport Req..
04-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
apple_talk said:
ATTENTION EVERYONE!

In the CIC survey, please select "Increase by 100,000 to 150,000"

have a look at this screenshot
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/tzjqh

Everyone of us should complete this, they do not ask for any personal information.
SURVEY: http://cic.sondages-surveys.ca/s/immigration2013/langeng/

Is your application pending? please fill survey similar to this...
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/149t9

I think this is very important survey for parents application visa.

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008 ... Confirmation of Receipt December 18, 2008
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
13-06-2012 …Submitted 13-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
I just wish that someday soon they will do something legal on that or perhaps give you guys some convenience since it is illegal to send passports for you guys. Because if they will ask you to do something AGAINST THE LAW...well that doesn't make sense

user828 said:
LVO says it's our problem to send passport, I am not sure about Philippines but it's illegal for Indian passport to be couriered or travel w/o passport holder

Ministry of External Affairs

Guidelines for Indian Passport Holders
(i) Your passport is a valuable document. It should always be retained either in your private custody or in the custody of a person duly authorized by you. Passport should not be sent out of the country of residence by post. If the passport is lost or destroyed, the fact and circumstances should be immediately reported to the nearest Indian Mission and the local police. PLEASE KEEP A PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR PASSPORT IN A SAFE PLACE. WITHOUT DETAILS OF THE LOST/DAMAGED PASSPORT, THE ISSUE OF A DUPLICATE PASSPORT MAY BE DELAYED.
==================

I have read many posts via google search an this what I found
1) People had taken rish sending passports via DHL or some other form
2) Send via relative
3) Collect in India and got it back to Canada via relative again or courier
4) People have contacted LVO New Delhi and they don't have an opinion, they don't advice but says its illegal to send passports

All the above is major risk, if caught, it can be confesticated

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
cesca said:
Official waiting time is 30 calendar days or 30 working days? Me too, I requested notes on Juin 27, still no news.
Mine was around that time too - no news either ....And I also only ordered electronic files (not physical).

Is it 30 days + mailing time? I flagged 'email' and 'CD' in the form and said in the cover letter that either one works for me (I know that there is a restriction in size for email and that is why I was not sure if they are able to do email in my case, have no idea what the file size is)

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
Anik said:
Is it 30 days + mailing time?
my gcms notes timelines:

ordered: mid Feb received: March 15
ordered: March 28 received: May 2 (physical file with medicals from London)
ordered: May 29 received: June 28 (electronic)
ordered: July 23 received: not yet (electronic)

cesca

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2008
Doc's Request.
November 25, 2011
File Transfer...
February 2012
Med's Request
April 4th, 2012
Med's Done....
May 1st, 2012, e-cas "med received" July 2nd
Anik said:
Mine was around that time too - no news either ....And I also only ordered electronic files (not physical).

Is it 30 days + mailing time? I flagged 'email' and 'CD' in the form and said in the cover letter that either one works for me (I know that there is a restriction in size for email and that is why I was not sure if they are able to do email in my case, have no idea what the file size is)
Hi Anik, please let me know when received, on my side I'll let you know. I send today an email to inform about....

cesca

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2008
Doc's Request.
November 25, 2011
File Transfer...
February 2012
Med's Request
April 4th, 2012
Med's Done....
May 1st, 2012, e-cas "med received" July 2nd
Shuga said:
my gcms notes timelines:

ordered: mid Feb received: March 15
ordered: March 28 received: May 2 (physical file with medicals from London)
ordered: May 29 received: June 28 (electronic)
ordered: July 23 received: not yet (electronic)
Tks Shuga!