25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
sakamath said:
My guess is based on NDL issuing visas after a final decision is made by CPP-O. If that's the case, the files would be queued in NDL based on AORs (CPP-O and NDL applicants). Since CPP-O applicants have already done the medicals long before NDL applicants have, CPP-O applicants would appear to have waited longer (after medicals) for the visas. If the visas are issued by CPP-O, then it would be a lot faster process.
yes, i understand your logic... not sure the files will be queued based on AORs... CPP-O has it's own quota - so i thought that CPP-O will make a decision and then transfer case to a local office but the queue will be different... so local offices will be working on 2 queues in parallel - their own local one with local decision made and quotas and the one from CPP-O... but it was just my guess... might be completely incorrect...

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
Shuga said:
... CPP-O has it's own quota...
It is quite possible that NDL would request for ppts as soon as CPP-O transfers file to NDL. Hope that's the case with you. Going by track record of NDL's speed (a snail would appear like a Ferrari), we don't know how "soon" that "soon" would be.

nanapush

Oct 31, 2008
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTOWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-06-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
19-04-2012
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
will land on 5th Feb
sakamath said:
[Delhi_im_enquiry @ international.gc.ca] and
[https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new delhi]

These aren't the same. The first one is a general inquiry email contact and the other is a 'case-specific' inquiry contact. If you have a file number and or your parent's UCI, it is best to use the second one. If the file is not opened in LVO, then you should use the first one.

On other note, I've been doing some research on the data provided by members of other forums and have noticed the following trends (wrt New Delhi):
- People who got their sponsorship approved before Nov'11 (originally applied in May 2007), are still awaiting their visas.
- Once file is transferred, it takes about 18 months for the visa
- After medicals it takes about 9 months for the visa

At the outset of the current round of processing in November 2011 we were told that the aim was to clear a backlog of approx.165,000 . The processing was apparently stalled at September 2007 therefore from that date to Nov 2011 was a little over 4 years indicating that on average there were 40,000 + applications per year of outstanding applications. CIC own website now says it is processing applications from Sept 2007 to November 2009 taking from 31 to 55 months. Clearly as we have seen they are not processing in order of the original applications as we have seen at least 1 person from 2009 get their visa already so it is by no means clear how many and in what order the approximately 80,000 from 9/07 to 11/09 will be processed during 2012 . I suspect that many of us who had hoped for 2012 on the basis of when we applied will still be waiting well into 2013 if the quota is as stated 25,000. On the bright side maybe they included an unmet quota from 2011 into this years quota. All we can do is wait and see but things have certainly slowed down in the past month or so. I don't see them resuming new applications after the 2 year closedown if they still have a big backlog.

My GUESSTIMATE ;) is:
- LVO applicants would still get visa about 9 months after medicals, but they would get medical requests within 6 months of AOR
- CPP-O applicants may have to wait longer after medicals (but their medicals expiry would be extended)

**mood spoiler alert**
A lot depends on 168K backlog with only 21k to 25k applications being allotted for 2012. How much of this 21K (in terms of 'date originally applied') cover the backlog? Does it cover everyone who applied before Jan2010? Jan2009? On certain CIC stats (like Projected Inventory for 2012), what does 'In process 2011' mean? does it mean people who have received AOR in 2011? If that is the case, then the bulk of 6000 visas (NDL) would go to people who got approved before the Nov 2011 letters were issued? (very few have received AORs since Nov2011 process change) Am I missing something? (I hope, I am).

Guys, time to correct me with your views!

cslave

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2012 from LVO
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
26-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2013
LANDED..........
04-08-2013
sakamath said:
It is quite possible that NDL would request for ppts as soon as CPP-O transfers...
I think it's just to stamp the visa on passport. So LVO shouldn't take long as Ottawa has seperate quota. Not sure it is seperate dept. to stamp the visa other then immigration section of LVO.And with new system Any CIC officer can see the file from any office.May be depend on who will do final review or make decision, LVO or Ottawa.Nothing is cleat yet.... But one thing is clear that assign Quota has singnificant impact as we saw in some LVO moving faster. I believe CPP-Ottawa applicant will have some good news soon. But Singapore,ISB and ND LVO sucks!!!!!!!

wec660

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
I can't remember who posted in this forum in May. His/her parents (files in Ottawa) received an e-mail from CPP-Ottawa to verify the parents are currently in Canada or back home? Any news or updates for your case?

I think CPP-O may request passport soon. They would like to know if the visa is needed (Outside Canada).

nanapush

Oct 31, 2008
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTOWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-06-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
19-04-2012
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
will land on 5th Feb
Not sure why my response above was inserted into previous text .

panjab

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2007
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
09-03-2012
Med's Done....
01-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-09-2012
sakamath said:

These aren't the same. The first one is a general inquiry email contact and the other is a 'case-specific' inquiry contact. If you have a file number and or your parent's UCI, it is best to use the second one. If the file is not opened in LVO, then you should use the first one.

On other note, I've been doing some research on the data provided by members of other forums and have noticed the following trends (wrt New Delhi):
- People who got their sponsorship approved before Nov'11 (originally applied in May 2007), are still awaiting their visas.
- Once file is transferred, it takes about 18 months for the visa
- After medicals it takes about 9 months for the visa

My GUESSTIMATE ;) is:
- LVO applicants would still get visa about 9 months after medicals, but they would get medical requests within 6 months of AOR
- CPP-O applicants may have to wait longer after medicals (but their medicals expiry would be extended)

**mood spoiler alert**
A lot depends on 168K backlog with only 21k to 25k applications being allotted for 2012. How much of this 21K (in terms of 'date originally applied') cover the backlog? Does it cover everyone who applied before Jan2010? Jan2009? On certain CIC stats (like Projected Inventory for 2012), what does 'In process 2011' mean? does it mean people who have received AOR in 2011? If that is the case, then the bulk of 6000 visas (NDL) would go to people who got approved before the Nov 2011 letters were issued? (very few have received AORs since Nov2011 process change) Am I missing something? (I hope, I am).

Guys, time to correct me with your views!
I don't think that it matters LVO/CPC-O. It is mostly case by case. For New Delhi it used to be two-three months to issue visa after medical and approval. I don't know the process now. Regarding CPC-O cases, It took 1 month for them to show Medical Received and then my case status started showing "in process" on June 6, 2012. Which I translate based on Teri and one other that another 2-3 months and we should have the visa.

What I have been told (all cic agents I have spoken with), that they will process visas within 12 months from the date of Approval and will be done in sequence. Now there might be a chance that LVO might be able to issue visa faster because the file does not have to come to CPC-O and then go back to LVO. CPC-O can't issue visas as it has to be stamped on the passport and I know for sure India has a restriction that passport cannot be mailed outside out India. Hopefully soon we will start seeing visa's being issued and it will clear up some of the confusion.

LVO or CPC-O I hope they start issuing visa's. Everybody is getting to point where they need some solace. Specially people who have done medicals or got AORs atleast, we are so close but still with this uncertainty about the process it seems so distant.

Also from what I have been told, LVO(s) have access to the same information as what CPC-O case processing officer have.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
sakamath said:
It's only 1 email system, the other one is web-based as they want folks to fill out the correct format so they don't have to go back and forth. Similarly, they wouldn't want to publish the emails to avoid an already backed-up system unless folks like us share it

If you check the headers from both of them, they would be the same

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
TERI got visa, before any CPP-O. Byt those with NDL are in a diff boat, shuga's file is from Russia

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
panjab said:
I don't think that it matters LVO/CPC-O. It is mostly case by case. For New Delhi it used to be two-three months to issue visa after medical and approval. I don't know the process now. Regarding CPC-O cases, It took 1 month for them to show Medical Received and then my case status started showing "in process" on June 6, 2012. Which I translate based on Teri and one other that another 2-3 months and we should have the visa.

What I have been told (all cic agents I have spoken with), that they will process visas within 12 months from the date of Approval and will be done in sequence. Now there might be a chance that LVO might be able to issue visa faster because the file does not have to come to CPC-O and then go back to LVO. CPC-O can't issue visas as it has to be stamped on the passport and I know for sure India has a restriction that passport cannot be mailed outside out India. Hopefully soon we will start seeing visa's being issued and it will clear up some of the confusion.

LVO or CPC-O I hope they start issuing visa's. Everybody is getting to point where they need some solace. Specially people who have done medicals or got AORs atleast, we are so close but still with this uncertainty about the process it seems so distant.

Also from what I have been told, LVO(s) have access to the same information as what CPC-O case processing officer have.

I agree, now what if you have visa ( i believe this is called facilitation or visit visa ) with COPR paper and you are already here. I read on another forum that u can take appt wth imm locally when they request passport

I am trying to confirm that but cannot find that user

Actually, question for TERI - what is the visa type on your passport??

Teri

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2008
Doc's Request.
28-11-2011
Nomination.....
20-12-2011
AOR Received.
03-04-2012
File Transfer...
07-02-2012
Med's Request
16-04-2012
Med's Done....
09-05-2012
Passport Req..
24-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2012
user828 said:
I agree, now what if you have visa ( i believe this is called facilitation or visit visa ) with COPR paper and you are already here. I read on another forum that u can take appt wth imm locally when they request passport

I am trying to confirm that but cannot find that user

Actually, question for TERI - what is the visa type on your passport??
Visa for permanent residence, I have COPR with my UCI and file number on it, my name, passport number, address in Canada and other personal things...
The category in passport is IM-1 and category in COPR is FC4.

panjab

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2007
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
09-03-2012
Med's Done....
01-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-09-2012
user828 said:
It's only 1 email system, the other one is web-based as they want folks to fill out the correct format so they don't have to go back and forth. Similarly, they wouldn't want to publish the emails to avoid an already backed-up system unless folks like us share it

If you check the headers from both of them, they would be the same
We are to blame partly for them not wanting to part with emails and the hold times on the phone. Now don't get me wrong or take it otherwise. I have seen members saying things like
1. I call CIC daily, calling them daily will increase wait times for getting hold of an agent. Don't call unless you have a question, cause everytime I call I have to wait atleast 20-30 minutes.
2. Call again and again to you might get a different answer. CIC agents don't process your case so I don't understand why call again and again.

I know everybody wants their parents to get visa, but show desperation will not get us anywhere. Now that they are trying to speed up things lets not burden the system again.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Teri said:
Visa for permanent residence, I have COPR with my UCI and file number on it, my name, passport number, address in Canada and other personal things...
The category in passport is IM-1 and category in COPR is FC4.
Comparing to the image here

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c3/Canadian_visa.JPG

Cat: FC4 and what does it says on the right of it? PERMANENT RESIDENT ?

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
panjab said:
...I have been told (all cic agents I have spoken with), that they will process visas within 12 months from the date of Approval...
My understanding is that the 165K backlog consists of:
1. 20K (people who received AOR from LVO before Nov 2011)
2. <unknown figure> (people who have been approved as sponsors after Nov 2011 transition)
3. <unknown figure> (people who applied before the Nov 2011 cut-off date)

It is important to know which bucket our application falls into. Now, if you take into account the number of visas allocated for 2012 (25K), then everyone from the first bucket would have their visas on hand, whereas only a few people from the 2nd bucket would get their visas this year The rest would get carried over to the next and we don't know what the quota would be for 2013 (might be same or less, but unlikely to go up).

panjab

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2007
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
09-03-2012
Med's Done....
01-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-09-2012
sakamath said:
My understanding is that the 165K backlog consists of:
It would be very difficult to determine that or get an answer for that from CIC. As you saw Teri's case was at LVO and was the first one to get Visa. I have seen cases from 2005/2006 who still haven't gotten visa(s). I have seen people who applied after me and sent the documents after me get Medical request before me an their case moving faster than mine. So there is no certain pattern, it to me is more case by case.

CIC will never say that they have separate buckets because that would be unfair and people will cry foul.