26-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2013
LANDED..........
04-08-2013
SimranK said:
Hi All,

I have some good news to share...

My parents got medical request today. The letter was dated May 30, 2012 and was sent from the LVO. I was really surprised to hear so quickly from the LVO for medicals after my application was sent to them on May 10, 2012.

Good luck to the rest of you who have apps sent to LVO...

Smruti
Hope you will bring some good news after Teri. Looks like CIC website timeline is obsolete based on these two case. I guess 2012 quota has significant meaning.

Nairobi - Kenya: 57 months
Vienna - Austria: 29 months
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-parents.asp

cesca

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2008
Doc's Request.
November 25, 2011
File Transfer...
February 2012
Med's Request
April 4th, 2012
Med's Done....
May 1st, 2012, e-cas "med received" July 2nd
cslave said:
Hope you will bring some good news after Teri. Looks like CIC website timeline is obsolete based on these two case. I guess 2012 quota has significant meaning.

I sent an email (June 14th) to CPP-O to ask them if my father's medicals has been received. Today I got a reponse (I live in Quebec, the message is in french). They told that processing time for CPP-O is 12 months starting from the date that we have been accepted like sponsor. Below the message in french.
Nous accusons réception de votre courriel envoyé au Centre de traitement des demandes pilote d’Ottawa (CTDP-O).

Veuillez prendre note de ce qui suit :
Nous ne répondrons pas à votre message si les renseignements demandés sont disponibles sur notre site Web à l’adresse suivante : www.cic.gc.ca ou si le délai de traitement de votre demande respecte les délais de traitement normaux (veuillez consulter notre site Web à l’adresse suivante : http://www.cic.gc.ca/francais/information/delais/index.asp).
Le temps consacré à répondre à vos courriels pourrait retarder le traitement de votre demande.
Le délai de traitement normal des demandes présentées au titre de la catégorie du regroupement familial qui sont traitées au CTDP‑O est de 12 mois à compter de la date à laquelle vous avez reçu l’avis d’admissibilité à titre de répondant du Centre de traitement des demandes de Mississauga (CTD‑M). Entre‑temps, veuillez vous assurer que vos coordonnées sont à jour.
Veuillez inscrire le numéro complet de votre demande [lettre « F » suivie de neuf chiffres] sur toute la correspondance que vous adressez à notre bureau.

Duck

Jun 20, 2012
Can anybdy tell, the time it takes fr visa being issued
after status changes to " medical results received".

wec660

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
cslave said:

I'm not sure the time frame for the year of 2012 is from January to December OR from April to March. For government of Canada, April is the 1st month of each fiscal year.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/ips/non-economic.asp

wec660

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
sibnadian said:
I called CIC. Of course, they can't check the status of PR application. She told me, however,t hat Ottawa timelines depend on your country of origin. She said timelines will be exactly the same in Ottawa as in LVOs in your country. :eek:, thus, different for everyone depending on their origin. Don't know how true this is (taking into account how often CIC agents misinform us) but that's what I heard today.
You should not trust CIC agents' comments. Some of them were not well trained. It is a low paid,entry-level job ($16/hr) at the fed government. One time, a CIC agent told me that medical exam is not required for PR application, including parents sponsorship. However, medical is required for all PR applications.

wec660

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
Duck said:
Can anybdy tell, the time it takes fr visa being issued
after status changes to " medical results received".
It depends which LVO your file was transferred to? Each office has different processing time.

Puffy

Star Member
Jan 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2008
Doc's Request.
November 2011; sent Jan 2012
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
April 2013
LANDED..........
YES!
Feri said:
Puffy, you'll receive the following update on eCas after the "medical results have been recived" comment in a couple of week's time from the Vienna office:
"A decision has been made on XXX's application. The office will contact XXX concerning this decision." but in the meanwhile before this is posted on eCas, depending on whether you are from a Visa exempt country, you'll either receive a request to send two pictures and copy of your passport (only the info page) or passport itself (for countries needing a visa). Once these are received by the office they will send you the COPR letter - Confirmation of Permanent Residence. Good Luck!
Feri, thanks so much. This is very helpful. We are from a country that does not have any visa requirements, so should expect the request for pictures / pp copy. Unless the quota for our country for 2012 has already been exceeded, we should receive informatio from the LVO "soon", according to your comments. Thanks again - good luck to you as well and keep us posted.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
Duck said:
It s New Delhi
Interesting. Could you share your timeline?

We cannot estimate when the LVO would ask for the ppt. There have been cases where medicals were about to expire, yet the LVO did not ask for ppts. Even when ppts are requested, they hold on to it for quite some time. I have a friend who submitted his parent's ppt in Dec '11 and is still waiting for it to be returned. :(

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
deepak07 said:
Hi user828
To get CAIPS notes for the file, the application will from the parents if i am not the representative or I can order it?
If you (your parents) fill the representative form, you can submit the it along with the application for GCMS notes ($5 fee applies).

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
sibnadian said:
I called CIC. Of course, they can't check the status of PR application. She told me, however,t hat Ottawa timelines depend on your country of origin. She said timelines will be exactly the same in Ottawa as in LVOs in your country. :eek:, thus, different for everyone depending on their origin. Don't know how true this is (taking into account how often CIC agents misinform us) but that's what I heard today.
Hm, interesting... I know we can not 100% trust what the agents say but still...It does not sound totally impossible

parkbr

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2009
Doc's Request.
Mar 30 2012
AOR Received.
May 18 2012
File Transfer...
Jun 4 2012
Med's Request
Aug 1 2012
Med's Done....
Aug 13 2012 (Sent on 16th)
Passport Req..
Oct 29 2012
sakamath said:
Interesting. Could you share your timeline?

We cannot estimate when the LVO would ask for the ppt. There have been cases where medicals were about to expire, yet the LVO did not ask for ppts. Even when ppts are requested, they hold on to it for quite some time. I have a friend who submitted his parent's ppt in Dec '11 and is still waiting for it to be returned. :(
ppt is passport request, right?
I wonder... Can't you go there in person to get your visa, instead of sending them off to the office?
I am not sure how it works for LVO, but when I got my PR, I went to Buffalo visa office and got my visa and came back to Canada to land.

Also, how do I add the signature?

Thank you!

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
parkbr said:
ppt is passport request, right?
I wonder... Can't you go there in person to get your visa, instead of sending them off to the office?
Also, how do I add the signature?
Yes, ppt = passport.

Some LVOs (especially, NDelhi) do not accept in person passport submission. In rare cases, they call up the applicants to submit their passports in person (mostly when the medicals are about to expire).

You have to submit at least 10 posts after which you can click on the 'Profile" link (at the top of the page) and then click on the "Forum Profile Information" link (the second link under "Modify Profile" towards the left of the screen). There you would be able to add signatures and timelines.