+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2024

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
My Mom was in Canada when i applied for her PGP and now she went back home. how can i inform IRCC ? since i havent recieved AOR for my application

When you said “your mum was in Canada when you applied for her PGP”, does that imply you used a Canadian address for both her residential and mailing address?
If this is the case, you need to change the address since she has gone back home using a webform.

Otherwise, no action need to be taken if her address on file is the home address.

I hope that helps, good luck!

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
When you say "Linked Application", what does that mean? We had a link to create PGP2024 application and that portal just says "submitted".

Is there any other portal link you are referring too ?

If you want to see the progress of your PGP application, it has to be linked to GCKey secure account. This is a separate account different from PR application portal where you had previously submitted your application.

You can create GCkey account with the link below:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

Once the account is created, you need to link your PGP application to it. Generally, you will require an Application Number and/or UCI (amongst other application’s details) which you must have gotten if IRCC had established a communication with you about your application.

For successful linking, provided information has to match with what was submitted. Note that you need not to be worried if you’re unable to link your application at this time. For some folks, it may take some time depending when they start processing your file.

Even if you’re unable to link the application; you will still receive all the necessary updates via email.

Amrinder Singh1986

Aug 9, 2017
When you said “your mum was in Canada when you applied for her PGP”, does that imply you used a Canadian address for both her residential and mailing address?
If this is the case, you need to change the address since she has gone back home using a webform.

Otherwise, no action need to be taken if her address on file is the home address.

Thanks for your reply

Her Mailing Address on file is"back home" and residential address is from "Canada" - do i still need to update IRCC ? if so, can you also please share the link for webform ?

sky.9070

Sep 25, 2024
my father was a school teacher in India and in form I checked as a government employee now I got an email to fill imm0149e form. I checked this form and looks like thus is not for them. it looks like who works in ministries not for a teacher. what should be my reply? thanks

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Reactions: Amrinder Singh1986

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No i didnt get that email.

However, i see that IRCC updated my profile with medical passed for my parents. I dont know how, the last medical that my parents did was on March 30 2023, but today i see that the application is updated with medical passed.
That may only be happening because processing will take long enough that they’ll need to do a medical at the end.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
For medical. They had a temporary public policy for those already in Canada. Maybe that’s why.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams.html#
This policy was meant for those on WPs & SPs and relatively young people. This typically does not apply to PGP. More likely it was passed because processing will take long enough to repeat the medical before application is finalized. This is to try to avoid having to do multiple medicals for one application.

Reactions: Solarmanng