+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2024

sizzler456

Jun 20, 2024
Hello
In Imm5669, schedule D checklist it says if the person has not worked ie retired then you must start from 18 years of age. My question is does that apply if person retired during last 10 years, meaning worked for 2 years and then retired since last 8 years? do we still have to start from age 18 yrs or just fill it for last 10 yrs? I hope I explained it well. Any help would be appreciated.

sibhav

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 21 2014
AOR Received.
March 13 2015
File Transfer...
April 09 2015
Interview........
June 22 2016
Passport Req..
June 29 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 06 2016
For PGP 2024 , I am applying for my mother . I do not have death certificate for my parent(dad) and I can not get it to submit . Is Explanation letter with supportive document allow ?
Please give me some suggestion . Thank you in advance .

Reactions: jay21

pranay2007636

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs submitted with application
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.0 - Results submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Passport submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2014
LANDED..........
Soon :)
Hi Can we upload multiple documents under one category. I am applying under 2024 intake for my parents. It seems that portal does allow it.

JJRMUMBAI

Jul 12, 2016
Hi guys. Hope everyone is doing well. In the process of uploading documents for PGP 24.
My dad is the principal applicant and my mom is the dependent. I am the sponsor. Had a few questions I hope someone who is experiencing this can answer. Any help is highly appreciated!

Under the supporting documents section in the PR Portal for the primary applicant with the heading " Passport & Travel Documents", Who's Passport copies are to be uploaded here? Is it PA and dependent ? Is it the sponsor and spouse?
The reason I ask this is the 5772 guide says the below
Passports
  • Passports for each person being sponsored should include all the pages and be uploaded under “Additional supporting documents” in your online application.
  • The sponsor’s and co-signer’s passport should
    • include the pages showing the passport number, issue and expiry dates, photo, name, surname, and place and date of birth
    • be uploaded under “Supporting documents” in your online application.
  • You don’t need to get translations for the stamps in passports.
Any clarification would be most helpful.

zainab.p

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014
HI All,

I am applying for my mom. my father recently passed away. So i mention - her as widowed, 2 questions:
why are they asking - relationship end date? do i have to fill the date my father passed away?

2. since they ask to mention all fam memebers under dependent section, even deceased. should i have to mention my father's ddetails there?. even if i do, there is no option to mention - deceased.

its been just few weeks since my father left us, difficult for us to even process. and this IRCC silly forms keeps asking these questions. and taking me back to those questions page again and again. please someone answer i wanna go beyond that page ASAP.

thank you!

ccnnaik

Apr 11, 2017
In IMM 5768 Question #14
Provide employment history as well as periods of unemployment for the last 3 consecutive taxation years preceding your application. There is Gross income/benefits for period.

I have worked for the same firm since 2022. Should i calculate the total from 2022- till present and add that number or just provide the annual income for that firm ?

jay21

Star Member
Apr 28, 2022
For PGP 2024 , I am applying for my mother . I do not have death certificate for my parent(dad) and I can not get it to submit . Is Explanation letter with supportive document allow ?
Please give me some suggestion . Thank you in advance .
Yes if you don’t have death certificate, your best option would be provide explanation letter & any other supporting doc you may have.

Reactions: sibhav

sibhav

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 21 2014
AOR Received.
March 13 2015
File Transfer...
April 09 2015
Interview........
June 22 2016
Passport Req..
June 29 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 06 2016
Yes if you don’t have death certificate, your best option would be provide explanation letter & any other supporting doc you may have.
Thanks Jay21

HHJJ

Aug 17, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day, I sponsored my parents and their dependent child (my brother) in 2019 and they got the Permanent Resident Card. However, during my brother’s stay in Canada, he got married in Canada in 2020. If my brother was included in the 2019 financial undertaking as dependent to my parents but is now married and Canadian Citizen, am I still financially responsible for him & his family? I was the primary sponsor and my wife was the co-sponsor for the 2018 application. At that time, our total family size was 5, including my parents, my wife, and myself. .

Currently, my wife has received an invitation for the 2024 Parents Sponsorship for her parents, and she will be the primary sponsor while I will be the co-signer. We need to determine the total family size for the 2024 IMM 5768e form.

As per Canadian immigration law, a "dependent child" is defined as someone under 22 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship. Once a dependent child marries or enters into a common-law relationship, they are no longer considered a dependent child for immigration purposes.

Given this, should I include the previous undertaking (IMM 5768e): 5 from 2019 (my parents, my married brother, my wife, and me) + 1 (our daughter born in 2021) + 2 (my wife's parents) = 8, or should it be 7 since my brother is married and responsible for his financial needs?

Any guidance or assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

krishm

Apr 23, 2018
Hi All,
I submitted the application to sponsor my parents two days back. I was reviewing the application package and realized my mother's name has a mismatch to what is on her passport. Her first name and last name are replaced in the application compared to what is on her passport.
What are my options now? Do I wait for them to process the application or should I reach out proactively? Is there a way to correct it now?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Good day, I sponsored my parents and their dependent child (my brother) in 2019 and they got the Permanent Resident Card. However, during my brother’s stay in Canada, he got married in Canada in 2020. If my brother was included in the 2019 financial undertaking as dependent to my parents but is now married and Canadian Citizen, am I still financially responsible for him & his family? I was the primary sponsor and my wife was the co-sponsor for the 2018 application. At that time, our total family size was 5, including my parents, my wife, and myself. .

Currently, my wife has received an invitation for the 2024 Parents Sponsorship for her parents, and she will be the primary sponsor while I will be the co-signer. We need to determine the total family size for the 2024 IMM 5768e form.

As per Canadian immigration law, a "dependent child" is defined as someone under 22 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship. Once a dependent child marries or enters into a common-law relationship, they are no longer considered a dependent child for immigration purposes.

Given this, should I include the previous undertaking (IMM 5768e): 5 from 2019 (my parents, my married brother, my wife, and me) + 1 (our daughter born in 2021) + 2 (my wife's parents) = 8, or should it be 7 since my brother is married and responsible for his financial needs?

Any guidance or assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
I think the undertaking of your brother is NOT depending on his marital status.
Your brother's status is "locked" when the application was submitted. So the undertaking doesn't change because he's married now.

The undertaking of dependent child (he was under 22 years of age when you sponsored him ) is:
Dependent child (biological or adopted) or child to be adopted in Canada under 22 years of age
10 years, or until age 25, whichever comes first

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
In "STATUTORY DECCLARATION OF COMMOM-LAW UNION"..... we are still married, what should we add in " continous years from XXXX "to"???
Try to read the guide, the instruction of each form and the document check list.
You ONLY need Statutory declaration of common law union IF you are in a common law relationship. If you are married, you DO NOT need this.

Reactions: Amrinder Singh1986

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
In Supporting Documents for your immigration program

Birth Certificates (required) - is this for Principal applicant(Parents) or the sponser ?
Try to read the guide, the instruction of each form and the document check list.

Each form and document has instruction for "Sponsor" and for "principle application".
You need Birth Certificates for sponsor to proof relationship with sponsor and PA (the parent)