+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the tracking site do you use? I cannot register on the tracking site and it kept saying my information is incorrect

Niloy001

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
June 3, 2016
File Transfer...
July 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 10, 2017
Hi guys, trying to figure out what went wrong. No update at all
I submitted application Dec 4th, got ADR in jan and then a mail (NOT email) on early June which is AOR. Submitted sponsor form which later found it said if not submitted. Nothing since then?
Am I the only one and what should I do? Thanks

Beebee2016

Jun 16, 2016
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th March 2016
AOR Received.
19th April 2016
Med's Done....
26th April 2016
Hi guys, trying to figure out what went wrong. No update at all
I submitted application Dec 4th, got ADR in jan and then a mail (NOT email) on early June which is AOR. Submitted sponsor form which later found it said if not submitted. Nothing since then?
Am I the only one and what should I do? Thanks
I submitted Nov 2023. Received AOR in June and nothing since then. I’m beginning to get worried. Does your parents have dependents? My mum is here on visit visa too

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
23-12-2022 PGP
Doc's Request.
03-10-2023
Nomination.....
27-03-2024
File Transfer...
27-03-2024 Vancouver
Med's Request
07-07-2024
It is false. Biometrics for PR and supervisa is different. My parents got supervisa in 2019 and they did biometrics. But I got the request once again for biometrics. It depends on officer.
This is outdated information. This USED to be true. My parents did their BM in 2016 and their ecas and ATIP notes show that they don’t need to do it again and shows the last enrolment date and validity.

Whistle

Nov 17, 2023
I submitted Nov 2023. Received AOR in June and nothing since then. I’m beginning to get worried. Does your parents have dependents? My mum is here on visit visa too
I was also in the similar situation. Submitted Dec 3rd, got AOR in April and then silence till this week. Not a single update from April to Aug. I just got biometrics request on Aug 28th. Wait there, you will all get it.

Nasimj

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How was the letter of passport request?
I got an email saying I have 30 days from the date on the letter to submit their passports to the passport office that they had assigned for me.

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa.

And also the steps to prep the documents, like sending two photos with the given requirements, letting them know if their status has chanegd , proof that we paid Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF), height and eye color and that everything should go in one package.

That's about it basically

Adeep2112

Mar 5, 2024
This is outdated information. This USED to be true. My parents did their BM in 2016 and their ecas and ATIP notes show that they don’t need to do it again and shows the last enrolment date and validity.
This is not outdated. We did biometrics in 2021 with super visa extension and got biometrics request agin in May 2024 for pr application . They used same medical from 2021 as we did not get any fresh medical request for pr application and already got portal 1 email.

Blessed_ritu

Mar 6, 2024
It is false. Biometrics for PR and supervisa is different. My parents got supervisa in 2019 and they did biometrics. But I got the request once again for biometrics. It depends on officer.
The information is not false . Your scenario is different .
My parents just did Biometrics in Mar 2024 for the general visa and I submitted PR application for my parents in Nov 2023. In GC key, it shows Biometrics from March 2024 linked to PR application and that for PR Biometrics is not needed. also Biometrics expires in 2034.

Also in this forum , someone did have a situation where the parents got super visa last year and for PR the same biometrics was used and they did not have to do it again .

May be rules got changed during covid. May be they will ask for Biometrics again , I do not know . I will keep the forum updated.

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
The information is not false . Your scenario is different .
My parents just did Biometrics in Mar 2024 for the general visa and I submitted PR application for my parents in Nov 2023. In GC key, it shows Biometrics from March 2024 linked to PR application and that for PR Biometrics is not needed. also Biometrics expires in 2034.

May be rules got changed during covid. Please do not assume that just because something did not happened with you does not mean information is false.
It may be timing as well, since when your parents did their biometrics, their PR application have been submitted.
That's not the case for the other member. So .. it depends.

Reactions: Blessed_ritu

Sbs21

Aug 19, 2021
Hi all
As a sponsor for parents pgp application I received sponsor approval letter.
Considering this can I start filing lesser income for personal tax filing now since the income $ eligibility assessment is already done ?
Should we try to maintain the same personal income for any future years if the PR for parents is received this year ?

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
23-12-2022 PGP
Doc's Request.
03-10-2023
Nomination.....
27-03-2024
File Transfer...
27-03-2024 Vancouver
Med's Request
07-07-2024
Hi all
Considering this can I start filing lesser income for personal tax filing now since the income $ eligibility assessment is already done ?
Should we try to maintain the same personal income for any future years if the PR for parents is received this year ?
They could ask your updated taxes

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi all
IRCC could request update on NOA or income sheet any time until the application is approved.
So until they get their PPR, COPR or eCOPR.

ali.tariq

May 29, 2011
App. Filed.......
25-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
Parents' medicals were passed on July 17th. Since then nothing. They have not been asked about a PCC yet. What could be there possible reasons for the silence since the medicals?