Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 23, 2014
AOR Received.
February 28, 2014 (sponsorship approval)
Interview........
E-Cas In Process on September 10, 2014; Decision Made on September 30, 2014
Passport Req..
September 30, 2014
I just received an email from CIC about super visa. In the email they are saying while your application for sponsorship is in process you are eligible for parents super visa. Just wondering if anyone else received this email before.
Me as well

confusedcai

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2013
Nomination.....
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
Med's Request
04-06-2015
Med's Done....
11-06-2015
Passport Req..
07-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2015
Hi Friends,
Glad to update that we received our PR visa stamp and COPR.
Application submitted in Dec 23 and processing started sometime around mid Mar 24 and took about 3-4 months end-to-end.
I would like to express my sincere thanks and gratitude to the members on this forum for posting valuable information / responses which were very valuable.
I wish all others who are in the process good luck and wish applications are approved ASAP..
Regards
Congratulations! Can you pls share which visa office processed their application?

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
I just received an email from CIC about super visa. In the email they are saying while your application for sponsorship is in process you are eligible for parents super visa. Just wondering if anyone else received this email before.
I received it too.

Usama_Mahmood

Jun 20, 2022
You need to enter 1901-01-01 if you don't know the birth days .
Yes I entered birth days and dates in this 1901-01-01 format, do I need to attach letter of explanation with additional documents explaining that I don’t know the days and months of few family members?

megastuart

Jul 18, 2024
Hi all.
I'm new here - thank you all for helping each other out.
I'm in a weird situation. I checked my inbox frequently in the hopes of getting an invite for PGP but in the end had no luck. But last night, we I checked CIC tool with my ref number, I noticed I'm invited. Given I only have two weeks left before the Aug 2nd submission deadline, I'm preparing all the docs as sponsor and helping out my parents with theirs. Unfortunately, my father's passport is expired and with current timeline, he won't get it back until Aug 6th.

In this situation, 1). Can my mom and dad still apply (with my dad's expired pp info) and change later when he receives his new pp? This to safeguard Aug 2nd deadline.
2). Do they need to submit their PCC along with initial application? Since PCC would take even longer in the case of my dad as he will get his new pp and then apply for PCC.
3).Should my mom be the PA in this case for the best outcome? and add my dad as +1

Please help @everyone as I don't want to miss this opportunity and apply only for my mom (leaving my dad out).

Thank YOU!!!!!

Last edited:

Samip29

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
Hi all.
I'm new here - thank you all for helping each other out.
I'm in a weird situation. I checked my inbox frequently in the hopes of getting an invite for PGP but in the end had no luck. But last night, we I checked CIC tool with my ref number, I noticed I'm invited. Given I only have two weeks left before the Aug 2nd submission deadline, I'm preparing all the docs as sponsor and helping out my parents with theirs. Unfortunately, my father's passport is expired and with current timeline, he won't get it back until Aug 6th.

In this situation, 1). Can my mom and dad still apply (with my dad's expired pp info) and change later when he receives his new pp? This to safeguard Aug 2nd deadline.
2). Do they need to submit their PCC along with initial application? Since PCC would take even longer in the case of my dad as he will get his new pp and then apply for PCC.

Please help @everyone as I don't want to miss this opportunity and apply only for my mom (leaving my dad out).

Thank YOU!!!!!
1.You can apply and add the explanation letter with applied passport receipt. You can send updated copy via webform once you will have AOR or sometime CIC will reach out to you via email with the file number followed by X000000.
2. You do not need to submit PCC at the time of application submission.

Reactions: megastuart

megastuart

Jul 18, 2024
1.You can apply and add the explanation letter with applied passport receipt. You can send updated copy via webform once you will have AOR or sometime CIC will reach out to you via email with the file number followed by X000000.
2. You do not need to submit PCC at the time of application submission.
Thanks @Samip29 very much!! This is very helpful.

Should I keep my mom as principal applicant in this case (since her PP is good)? or it doesn't matter?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes I entered birth days and dates in this 1901-01-01 format, do I need to attach letter of explanation with additional documents explaining that I don’t know the days and months of few family members?
Include a brief letter of explanation. (which name of which relationship to PA/dependent has unknown birthdays)

confusedcai

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2013
Nomination.....
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
Med's Request
04-06-2015
Med's Done....
11-06-2015
Passport Req..
07-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2015
Hello guys
Is the portal open to apply for Parents PR 2024 under PGP programme.
I heard last that they are only taking applications of those who submitted between 2020 and 2023.
Is the portal open again.
Would appreciate any guidance
Thanks
No one really knows right now when they are going to open again. The last time it was open was in 2020, and they have been just drawing from that pool since then

navsingh01

Aug 1, 2014
Hello all! Looking for some input - I've sent a PCC request through BLS (Indian PCC), and I would also need one from Kenya since my mum resided there for the last 30 years. I looked through the website and it says I would need to mail the documents out and the PCC for Kenya could take about 3 months. I need to submit the documents by Aug 7th. What can I send to IRCC as I wait for the PCCs from both India and Kenya? Had I known the process is going to be this long, I would have applied sooner, but also did not know IRCC has been processing applications quickly :(