+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

achin091

Apr 9, 2017
Yes thats happening to almost everyone.
Just make sure you print it once you are in and make sure its validated when you print it.
Or once you have done all the changes to it, validate it and “print in pdf” and save that.
Thanks for the reply. I was also thinking to do the same.

Reactions: calgary17

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
If you are ready to take that risk, you can try that. But, If its closer to the exit dates from CANADA, then they very well know what the visit was for. In the end it all depends on the visa officer at the time of entry. While entering in Canada by road, they no longer put new stamps on visitors passport and without new stamp the stay is not extended. I would suggest entering CANADA by air, then they have to put a new stamp.
Even if you enter Canada by air, they may not put stamp on your passport , my mom stayed in USA for 2 months with my sis, once she returned they didn't put any stamp but when we call boarder officers they told she can stay here for another six months from the entry and keep boarding pass as a proof. We had applied for extension after wards and requested for six more months and they have approved it. GOod luck :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi @scylla @canuck_in_uk : My family size for the year 2016, 2017, 2018 was 4 and 2019 January it became 5, what will be my family size for the last 3 years?

Also my wife works in a school and she goes on EI every two months a year and starting January 2019 she is on a maternity leave. How do i go about while filling the Q17 for my wife since she is the co-signer? Do i have to include the time gap while she was on EI and put the income under the Benefits for period? Please suggest.

TIA!!
EI in the summers won’t count towards LICO but maternity leave EI will count. Sorry haven’t looked up question 7.

Amath03

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
EI in the summers won’t count towards LICO but maternity leave EI will count. Sorry haven’t looked up question 7.
Thanks for the swift response.
How do i end up filling up the Q17 for her? do i have to include EI periods for her on the IMM5768 whether she did not have work (received EI) and while on summer vacation(received EI)?

Income is not the problem but i am wondering how do i fill up the Q17 - IMM5768 for her (work + EI)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the swift response.
How do i end up filling up the Q17 for her? do i have to include EI periods for her on the IMM5768 whether she did not have work and while on summer vacation?
Sorry don’t have q17 in front of me. Hope someone else can pitch in:)

kinetic2214

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
22-May-2014
AOR Received.
11-Dec-2013
Med's Request
20-May-2014
Med's Done....
14-July-2014
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
02-Feb-2015
Hello Kinetic,

Could you tell what have you filled in the family size for each year in q14 form 5768e. ? Did you included your parents in last three years. ?

There is an ongoing debate between what to put in family size for past 3 years in that form. I opted to include my parent in the family size for past 3 year and explicitly mentioned that I am doing so in the explanation letter. Hope that will make things clear for officer to analyze.

CHINNI@1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
This is incorrect. You have to keep meeting LICO until you get approval. You can be asked to provide financial document for 2019 and even 2020 if your application hasn’t been finalized yet.
What is LICO and where is this requirement mentioned

hssandhu19

May 2, 2019
Hey Members - I have 3 questions, it will be great if someone can help
Q1 - Who should be the principal applicant (father or mother), because I don't remember I had filled any such information on Application for Interest to Sponsor which was filled in Jan 2019.
Q2 - For the additional family information, is it mandatory to fill the name in Native language (for e.g. my native language is Punjabi) and I don't see any space on the form to fill the name in native language
Q3 - Is the UCI number mentioned on Canada tourist VISA, the number in the last row extreme right-hand side, is that correct.

Appreciate quick response

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hey Members - I have 3 questions, it will be great if someone can help
Q1 - Who should be the principal applicant (father or mother), because I don't remember I had filled any such information on Application for Interest to Sponsor which was filled in Jan 2019.
Q2 - For the additional family information, is it mandatory to fill the name in Native language (for e.g. my native language is Punjabi) and I don't see any space on the form to fill the name in native language
Q3 - Is the UCI number mentioned on Canada tourist VISA, the number in the last row extreme right-hand side, is that correct.

Appreciate quick response
1). Anyone of them, I believe. (May be someone else can provide more info on this)
Most of the people are making father as PA and mom dependent.
2). Its better to do so. Just beside the english name.
If you press enter after the english name, it creates some extra space.
3). Yh thats right, it should be 8 or 10 digits number.

kinetic2214

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
22-May-2014
AOR Received.
11-Dec-2013
Med's Request
20-May-2014
Med's Done....
14-July-2014
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
02-Feb-2015
Reactions: YVR123

achin091

Apr 9, 2017
Thanks for the reply. I was also thinking to do the same.
Do you think if i need to attach affidavit.

My mother has one name but she has used other name in the past which is on my birth certificate. While applying for visitor visa we did not attach any affidavit but mentioned while filling form that she has used other name in the past. In general , i don't think i need to attach affidavit, since i have already mentioned now as well regarding her other name and they have not asked any supporting docs for this in the form . I believe if they need anything they ll ask for it, instead of me making this look like big issue. What are your suggestions..?

smartshady

Star Member
May 25, 2013
Hi Guys! I have few queries if someone can help.
I was invited to apply PR for my mother this year. I only put her name in the interest form since my father didn't wanted to come to canada permanently right now and he has supervisa just being granted to him for 9 years, and my mom is already in Canada on super visa. I got married in 2017 Jan. And I meet the income requirements as follows.
2016 (52k - 3 persons) - me. My mom and dad
2017 (59.7k - 4 persons) got married in Jan ( me, my wife and my parents)
2018 (72k - 4 persons) me , my wife and my parents..

Btw my wife has got her passport back from Canadian vac just yesterday ( got the or application approved) and she will come to Canada in june.

Now my questions are
1) I am right in beliving that in 2016 I don't need to be above lico for 4 persons since I was not married in that year?

2) do I have to apply PR for only my mother since it was only her name in the Interest to sponsor form or I can apply for both my mom and dad?

3) I can add my father as a dependent of my mom in the application even though he is the earning entity in the house and my mother is a housewife?

4)my parents don't have marriage certificate as they were married in 1980 and never needed it. What can I do? They only have nikkah nama!

Last edited: