+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

geol

Dec 18, 2014
With law suit and so much drama this year, I highly doubt that next year they will have the same process. It could be back to lottery or a mail in lottery like the H1B process in the USA
Whether it is a lottery or the same pattern, it will always be a issue reason being there is a Q for almost a lakh people waiting for their parents.

Ehaskhu

Star Member
Mar 28, 2019
Hi,

I am new to this forum. My PGP application was received on May 01st. I could link application to CIC account on June 10th and have file number starts with 'FXXXX'. Since then the status in ECAS shows 'Application Received on May01st'. It is not further progressed.

Is there anybody whose application received on May 01st and still not progressed?

Thanks,
What's is your country of parents ?

Ehaskhu

Star Member
Mar 28, 2019
Anyone who is sponsoring parents from Pakistan with application date 29th 30th April got decision made or application status change to "in process" in ecas ( not the general message in cic).

abb12

Jun 26, 2019
Hi,

I am new to this forum. My PGP application was received on May 01st. I could link application to CIC account on June 10th and have file number starts with 'FXXXX'. Since then the status in ECAS shows 'Application Received on May01st'. It is not further progressed.

Is there anybody whose application received on May 01st and still not progressed?

Thanks,
@pgp_ns - Mine was also received on May 1st, and am yet to see any update on eCAS.

brgill

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Can I link it through my CIC account or Principal applicant have to make CIC account?
Me, my wife and 1 kid .. 3 of us in family sponsoring my father & mother. While linking answer to last question, number of family members should be 5 or 2?
your family size and mine is same...i was able to link my application by putting in total family members = 4 ( you + your spouse + your mother + father ) dont include kid.

ihg

May 9, 2019
Congratulations!!
I am thinking your parents are not in Canada? And did you see "in process" status lately or just DM directly?
My mom is in Canada , I inform them as well but they still want bio , will figure out as she has US and Europe visa.
It go in to process on july 10 and DM on same day

Reactions: ankz001

abb12

Jun 26, 2019
For anyone who received a request for additional documents, when you sent the additional documents to the provided email address, did you get an acknowledgement email back? I didn't receive any, so was wondering if they didn't setup an auto-reply to indicate that they've atleast received the email.
No confirmation received from them.