+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

BeingRamy

Jun 20, 2019
Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum. I sent my PGP application on Tuesday and received today. Will I receive any confirmation from CIC that my application has been received by them. I just wanna make sure my they the application before the June 28 deadline. Thanks

spr2425

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum. I sent my PGP application on Tuesday and received today. Will I receive any confirmation from CIC that my application has been received by them. I just wanna make sure my they the application before the June 28 deadline. Thanks
How did you send the application?

spr2425

Star Member
May 23, 2019
@riasat.abir .. above is completely wrong..

Married - Physically present :: Means spouse is still alive at time of application

Married - Physically not present :: Means spouse is passed away at time of application

If your both parent living, answer should be Married - Physically present in both form respectively.
As per my understanding you are wrong.
Married- Physically present : means they were together at their marriage
Same for Physically not married that means they were not together at the time of marriage, means marriage happened through some other source like video conferencing.
This is my understanding, may be I am not right.
Can someone second my thought?

ELH

May 26, 2014
Hello everyone,

I sent the sponsorship application for my parents on May 21 got received at the office May 22. Up until now no AOR or Ecase. I tried calling this morning but couldn't reach any agent to confirm if they got the file. Have any of you guys tried calling? It seems like I was not selecting the correct extensions to be able to talk to an agent! And whoever received AOR or Ecase how long did you have to wait ?

Thank you in advance

ELH

May 26, 2014
As per my understanding you are wrong.
Married- Physically present : means they were together at their marriage
Same for Physically not married that means they were not together at the time of marriage, means marriage happened through some other source like video conferencing.
This is my understanding, may be I am not right.
Can someone second my thought?
You are correct - I remember from reading the guide physically present means the person was present with the spouse at the time of marriage

Reactions: HKIMM

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

I sent the sponsorship application for my parents on May 21 got received at the office May 22. Up until now no AOR or Ecase. I tried calling this morning but couldn't reach any agent to confirm if they got the file. Have any of you guys tried calling? It seems like I was not selecting the correct extensions to be able to talk to an agent! And whoever received AOR or Ecase how long did you have to wait ?

Thank you in advance
Back then for 2018 PGP we had to wait 3 months...

If you read the previous posts, I think people who had their applications delivered in early May (first few days of May) were able to track their application in the system. (some by calling and got their temp application number and some can actually link, i.e. AOR)

Expect 4 to 6 weeks I think...

Reactions: ELH

Gast2019

Star Member
May 11, 2019
Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance
Take a look in the tracker to see the timelines we know about:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/htmlview#

When calling IRCC, you can try this:

Try option 3-4-1-0...if u want to talk to an agent... thats what i did... wait was 30mins..

Last edited:
Reactions: ELH

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
The letter is weird . only give me one week to submit focuments and pay around 500 hundred dollar per each sponsored. I though was a joke or scam . But says CIC and has my name on it.
Really?? Give you only a week?? Could u post it here with blackmarked your information

onlymtl

Star Member
Dec 30, 2013
Finally sent my application today! Hope to hear some correspondence from CIC soon, maybe in 4 - 6 weeks as other have pointed out.

Used Canada Post Xpresspost with Signature option.

Reactions: lynne197910