+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

bad.boo

Mar 24, 2018
I am waiting more than 4 months after DM for sponsor person on Sep. 7 2018, they transfer to Ankara on September and it's in Process since September 18, 2018, but no news or update!

Also, I tried 3 times to update the representative form via webform, but I didn't received any confirmation email, just says, it's successfully submit and we answer within 28 days, but nothing happened, I really don't know what to do?

any suggestion? should I call Ankara? or email?
Wow I feel you on that. Honestly I don't have an answer for it, but I think would call tomorrow to IRRC and the embassy office in Mexico if needed. Just to be

Reactions: Tan Tan

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Hello Everyone. I sent my sponsorship papers back in May'18 and recently received an email notifying application has been sent to nearest CIC office for next steps. While I await the medical for my parents, we just learnt my mother has breast cancer that has spread to her bones. She's undergoing treatment now but whatever damage has been done will stay.
Would anyone be able to advise what are my options now? Is my mother going to get rejected outright or would there be a consideration? Could my father make it through the application at least? Thanks in advance for your help.

So sorry to hear this. Please check out this page

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/refusals-inadmissibility/excessive-demand-on-health-social-services.html#mhb

Here it shows how they calculate it: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/excessive-demand.html

The threshold for this year is $19,812

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hello,

Just have an inquire.
I've got letter of acceptance to sponsor my parents on Dec/6/18. I mean, we met all the requirements submited for their application.

The letter says that they are approved and they are sending all documentation to Mexico, as it is the closest one to my country of birth (Honduras).... what is the next step after this? I assume I have to get another letter for requesting medical exams, police reports, etc. or should I contact them to follow up.... or am I just getting to anxious?
It is just that, their letter didn't specified anything else other than being a notification letter only.

So it would be almost 7 weeks after that last letter. I hope the time is still ok.... where can I find that spreadsheet mentioned above?

many thanks!!
That means you got sponsorship approval and your files were sent to Mexico for processing. You don't go and get medical and police clearance requests. Visa office in Mexico will send you those forms when they are ready to do so. Typically, people have to wait for several months to get those request letters. So, waiting 7 weeks to get IME (immigration medical exam) and PCC (Police Clarence Certificate) is within normal time frame. If you want to feel better about your processing time, have a look at the spreadsheet that tracks PGP applicants here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616

You will find that there are people who have been waiting even longer than you are!

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
I am waiting more than 4 months after DM for sponsor person on Sep. 7 2018, they transfer to Ankara on September and it's in Process since September 18, 2018, but no news or update!

Also, I tried 3 times to update the representative form via webform, but I didn't received any confirmation email, just says, it's successfully submit and we answer within 28 days, but nothing happened, I really don't know what to do?

any suggestion? should I call Ankara? or email?
I would use IRCC web form to inquire your case. When you do decide to do so, be diplomatic on questions and do not make wild accusations or suggestions. That will go a long way in getting a response. Have a look at the spreadsheet as well, and see if there are people ahead of you in Ankara and how fast they progress in the past. There are quite a few people whose applications have been stuck at London office since June 2018. So, yours is not the worst case. Have a look at the spreadsheet at the link below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=1444578034

My suggestion is to just ask them if there's update on your file and if there's anything you could do on your part to help them process your files faster.

Reactions: Tan Tan

plsapprovemom

Jan 28, 2019
Hi everyone,

I need some guidance.

I have received a request from Immigrations to submit a newly completed schedule A background declaration.

In my original completed declaration I stated my mother is single - which she is. Her ex-spouse (my father) is still alive but has since remarried, this is a country where polygamy is active and practiced, my father has three wives currently. While looking into my application they have discovered my father and have placed him on the application and have inquired about my income being satisfactory enough for two of them.

I am NOT applying for sponsorship for my father and never intend to. I have no contact with him. This is for my mother only, and my mother is single!

The process has been smooth so far except for this and now I am worried everything will end. I need my mom here.

Please help - should I email immigrations? How do I word this?

Thank you all.

Reactions: Cravethe6th

SHERGILL156

Apr 26, 2017
Hi everyone,
I have one doubt about income requirement. My income was 67k, 52 k and 64 k in three years. My mother and father in law came on super visa. Today, I have applied for my mother pr sponser form. If we recieve invitation, I want to know that If we are meeting the minimum income requirement? Because If I am considering me, My wife as family member.Then, I meet the requirement for my mother. But if I consider father in law it creates issue for second year income 52k as family size goes up.
Please expert help me out
Thanks

zfsajid

Dec 7, 2018
Need information from experts.
Received an email from Ottawa office to submit passport to New Delhi high commission office through VFS global. Now VFS global says it require a letter from new delhi/high commission office to accept PP and send it to ND office for visa stamping. (i have 30 days to complete this process)

Question: Do i need letter from ND office, if yes how do i get it?

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hi everyone,

I need some guidance.

I have received a request from Immigrations to submit a newly completed schedule A background declaration.

In my original completed declaration I stated my mother is single - which she is. Her ex-spouse (my father) is still alive but has since remarried, this is a country where polygamy is active and practiced, my father has three wives currently. While looking into my application they have discovered my father and have placed him on the application and have inquired about my income being satisfactory enough for two of them.

I am NOT applying for sponsorship for my father and never intend to. I have no contact with him. This is for my mother only, and my mother is single!

The process has been smooth so far except for this and now I am worried everything will end. I need my mom here.

Please help - should I email immigrations? How do I word this?

Thank you all.
First of all, your mom is not "single". It can be corrected easily by replacing "single" with "divorced". They will ask for divorce letter too. But, you can also attach a letter to explain your unique situation, explain why you cannot get divorced letter (if you cannot get one, of course), and have it corrected in your application. Make sure that you do not intend to bring your father here. CIC is sensitive to local practices and laws. So, they are aware of how marriages can differ from country to country.

That said, you are supposed to fill out your father's information even if you are not bringing him here. The want to do a complete background check using all the information available. But, I think you still need to meet LICO for two people even if you are not bringing him here.

Someone else might have an answer for that.

plsapprovemom

Jan 28, 2019
First of all, your mom is not "single". It can be corrected easily by replacing "single" with "divorced". They will ask for divorce letter too. But, you can also attach a letter to explain your unique situation, explain why you cannot get divorced letter (if you cannot get one, of course), and have it corrected in your application. Make sure that you do not intend to bring your father here. CIC is sensitive to local practices and laws. So, they are aware of how marriages can differ from country to country.

That said, you are supposed to fill out your father's information even if you are not bringing him here. The want to do a complete background check using all the information available. But, I think you still need to meet LICO for two people even if you are not bringing him here.

Someone else might have an answer for that.
Sincerest thanks to you. Thank you for the time spent on assisting me.. extremely helpful and thankful.

bad.boo

Mar 24, 2018
That means you got sponsorship approval and your files were sent to Mexico for processing. You don't go and get medical and police clearance requests. Visa office in Mexico will send you those forms when they are ready to do so. Typically, people have to wait for several months to get those request letters. So, waiting 7 weeks to get IME (immigration medical exam) and PCC (Police Clarence Certificate) is within normal time frame. If you want to feel better about your processing time, have a look at the spreadsheet that tracks PGP applicants here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616

You will find that there are people who have been waiting even longer than you are!
Thanks for your response. What you said it is correct about the status of our application.

And thanks for confirming that it is still going trough normal time frame and clarifying how the next step should be.

best regards.

Reactions: curious205

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hi everyone,
I have one doubt about income requirement. My income was 67k, 52 k and 64 k in three years. My mother and father in law came on super visa. Today, I have applied for my mother pr sponser form. If we recieve invitation, I want to know that If we are meeting the minimum income requirement? Because If I am considering me, My wife as family member.Then, I meet the requirement for my mother. But if I consider father in law it creates issue for second year income 52k as family size goes up.
Please expert help me out
Thanks
You didn't apply to sponsor your in-laws. You applied PGP for your mom. I understand that your in-laws are here in Canada on super visa. But, it's still a visa and they must leave Canada at one point. I don't believe you have to sign sponsorship agreement to get super visa either. PGP and super visa are totally different things.

So, you do not need to count your in-laws when you calculate LICO. You should be fine.

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
I have a simple question. Did anyone of you who applied in 2018 get chance to correct information in the application, if it did not match your interest to sponsor form?

fisahma

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Wow I feel you on that. Honestly I don't have an answer for it, but I think would call tomorrow to IRRC and the embassy office in Mexico if needed. Just to be
Are you first round applicant or second round applicant? I did not find you in spread sheet

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
I have a simple question. Did anyone of you who applied in 2018 get chance to correct information in the application, if it did not match your interest to sponsor form?
In 2018 we had 1 month to fill interest to sponser. If somebody still made a mistake than they totally deserved to be rejected.