+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

joeling2

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
Frastruting updates. after almost two week sending passports to Ottawa, I called CIC call center and was told there was no note in the system indicated that passports had been received by CIC. I have wait till 2 weeks pass which is tomorrow to call CIC to start an investigation.

I know it is very small chance but anyone had this kind of experience?

joeling2

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
What do you mean income as net but not gross.
Didn't he pay taxes on that income? weird - and isn't that so called net-income matches the income requirement?
Her husband is self-employed therefore must have claimed some expenses to reduce income so he could pay less tax. And she probably used income before expense to apply

Reactions: YVR123

kami999

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Her husband is self-employed therefore must have claimed some expenses to reduce income so he could pay less tax
that makes sense. sorry to hear that.
what about your combined income between you and your husband? was that not enough either?

aasulman

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
I believe we sent to Ottawa
Did you send Notice of Assessment? If not, that may be the reason for the delay. Because that means, they have to get them from CRA. You can involve your local MP to inquire about it with the IRCC, it tends to help the process.

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Hi,

I submitted my mother's sponsorship documents in September 2018 and unfortunately today, I received a letter that I am not an eligible sponsor because of our 2015 and 2016 income - 2017 was fine.

Their reference for my husband's (self-employed) income was his NET pay and not gross pay....

Although there is no final decision yet from the visa officer.

Do I withdraw my application or wait until final decision?

Thank you.
Your income was not sufficient ? So your husband is your co-signer, NET pay is line 150 on his NOA right ?

Reactions: sani.awais

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
When I was immigrating, I need to enter Canada before the expire date of medical. What is happening if the parent in Canada and her medical is valid up to June, but the decision will be made after June, should the parent undergo another medical?
When they issue the COPR or the visa, the expire date is 1 year from medical (when the result expires). We had similar experience with my husband's PR and they just requested us to fill in a questionnaire and allow to extend the medical.

Some ppl do get re-medical request. So it depends.

sani.awais

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hello , can any body guide me about parents sponsorship income requirement.. I am living with my husband and my 2 year old baby.. So I need to show income level for 3 people in 2016,2017 and 4 people for 2018 bcz I want to apply only my mom bcz my Dad expired.. Please guide I am right or not?

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Hello , can any body guide me about parents sponsorship income requirement.. I am living with my husband and my 2 year old baby.. So I need to show income level for 3 people in 2016,2017 and 4 people for 2018 bcz I want to apply only my mom bcz my Dad expired.. Please guide I am right or not?
To my knowledge you are right, if your mother doesn't have any other dependants !

hungrypanda0016

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
@YULIA-2016 Please update the SS. Got letter from MIDI-Quebec to provide additional documents :
Notice of assessment -2018
Latest pay slips
Income tax return filed to Quebec
Employment record from last year

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Last edited:

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Frastruting updates. after almost two week sending passports to Ottawa, I called CIC call center and was told there was no note in the system indicated that passports had been received by CIC. I have wait till 2 weeks pass which is tomorrow to call CIC to start an investigation.

I know it is very small chance but anyone had this kind of experience?
Not exactly the same situation, but kind of in the same boat.

Our LVO is Manila, but since my mom currently stays in Canada with her Super Visa, and as she is from one of Visa Exemption country, I sent the photocopies of her passport to Ottawa in April 15 which they received on April 17. For more than a week, I have not seen any update on MyCIC account, so I was trying to call CIC yesterday and today, but wasn't able to get on the line.

So when you call them, did they say that they will start the investigation on what happened?

Usually when I looked up the history on other people, it only took about two weeks to get the passport and COPR back. And from what I read, it looks like that they update MyCIC account's application to Approved before they send the passport back to us. Did your application status get updated?

I will keep trying to speak with an agent to find out what's happening. Hopefully it's just large amount of works to be done for 2019 PGP since they just sent out the invitations... :(