+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent Visitor visa Question (Why do you need a visa?)

palash24

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Hello,

I am on a temp resident on a work permit and trying to apply for my parents TRV. I got stuck at the very first question and was hoping to get some clarity.

* Why do you need a visa? (required)

- To visit my spouse, common law partner, dependent child, parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor who is in Canada temporarily, such as an international student or temporary worker

- To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada

- To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months

The closest and best option in my opinion is "To visit my spouse, common law partner, dependent child, parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor who is in Canada temporarily, such as an international student or temporary worker" but that too seems wrong because I am not a dependent child.

Can someone please help me with the best answer?

Reactions: helimistry

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hello,

I am on a temp resident on a work permit and trying to apply for my parents TRV. I got stuck at the very first question and was hoping to get some clarity.

- To visit my spouse, common law partner, dependent child, parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor who is in Canada temporarily, such as an international student or temporary worker

- To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada

- To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months

The closest and best option in my opinion is "To visit my spouse, common law partner, dependent child, parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor who is in Canada temporarily, such as an international student or temporary worker" but that too seems wrong because I am not a dependent child.

Can someone please help me with the best answer?
Yes first option suits to your case , as you are in WP .

Reactions: find_anand
Jun 1, 2018
I am a PR holder and want to apply for Visitor visa for my parents and they will stay here for less than 6 months, which option to choose?

I was thinking of option 3 but was confused with wording " to visit other family", can someone suggest me please?

1. To visit my spouse, common law partner, dependent child, parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor who is in Canada temporarily, such as an international student or temporary worker

2. To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada

3. To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am a PR holder and want to apply for Visitor visa for my parents and they will stay here for less than 6 months, which option to choose?

I was thinking of option 3 but was confused with wording " to visit other family", can someone suggest me please?

1. To visit my spouse, common law partner, dependent child, parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor who is in Canada temporarily, such as an international student or temporary worker

2. To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada

3. To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months
2. They are wanting to visit you…their non-dependant child.

Reactions: doctordeekshi444