13-01-2015
Passport Req..
with file
VISA ISSUED...
7-04-2015
LANDED..........
IN SHA ALLAH on 27-04-2015
tariq 54321 said:
Thanks for the information. plzz do tell what are those ways which works after one gets there??
Other ways ... you don't know ? Which city you from ?

ranjitsingh0022

Oct 28, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
11 July
hi everyone . this is a NEW initiative from me just to make it easier to connect with each other. below there are four sections , where u need to add ur name in appropriate category. just copy and paste all above names and add ur name in the following list and then post it again.

name on this forum visa status(pending/approved) date applied medical status(upfront/normal)
SHAHBAZ Pending 25th sept upfront on 25th sept
Qasimgill Pending 29th sept upfront on 28th oc
Ali Raza Pending 5th Aug upfront
Waqas Farooq Pending 04 October Not Yet (CHC Islamabad)

SHAHABZ

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waqas send me ur email id via personal message so that we can connect on facebook

SHAHABZ

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shayan.khan said:
Hey guys!, Its been 15 weeks and no email or call for medical is that normal π:(
no, its not normal at all. just mail them n inquire

Muhammad Talal

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
Exempt
File Transfer...
04-07-2014
Med's Request
25-7-2014
Med's Done....
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2014
Nabeel1 said:
150 days are gone still no reply .. waiting waiting :)
Nope brother It's not normal I'd suggest you to contact them & send 'em an inquiry !!
Here : http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/offices-bureaux/islamabad.aspx?lang=eng

Muhammad Talal

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
Exempt
File Transfer...
04-07-2014
Med's Request
25-7-2014
Med's Done....
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2014
shayan.khan said:
Hey guys!, Its been 15 weeks and no email or call for medical is that normal π:(
15 weeks = 105 Days .... Yaar I ran a little analytic on my own & found that the average time they're takin' these days is "17 Weeks or 116 Days" So i'd suggest you to wait a bit more & Pray :)
Acha you have deferred your admission ya firr January k liye apply kai hua hai :??

shayan.khan

Oct 31, 2014
Muhammad Talal said:
15 weeks = 105 Days .... Yaar I ran a little analytic on my own & found that the average time they're takin' these days is "17 Weeks or 116 Days" So i'd suggest you to wait a bit more & Pray :)
Acha you have deferred your admission ya firr January k liye apply kai hua hai :??
Haha yeah Im praying everyday. I wanted to join the fall session but because of the delay i deferred to january. Lets just hope I have the study permit before january :(.

freedbasra

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are a looot out there,
Initially I used to be very frustrated but than I realized that I can't do anything about it. Since than I stopped taking it seriously

Nabeel1

Oct 28, 2014
Muhammad Talal said:
Nope brother It's not normal I'd suggest you to contact them & send 'em an inquiry !!
I dont know what things i should going to do.. its embarrassing to wait this soo long .. they should not play with any one person future i have being applied for visa of sept 2014 and now i am postponded to sept 2015 by university thats all because of unknown reason of visa delay .. The embassy have ruined my 1 year of my life .. 150 days and still counting goes on ..!!!

fastfast

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Pakistan
Visa Office......
Local
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Allhumduliallah
So wolframalpha says:

123 Days
4 Months
17 Weeks and 4 Days
.34 Years

Well Still waiting. So what you guys/gals do to kill the tension? Since I have nothing else to do I thought we can have some normal discussion.

I was looking at wireless plans in Canada (killing time :p) and man they are expensive. I then did some research and found out that Pakistan has one of the cheapest wireless plans in the world. There is no concept of roaming and no incoming charges (calls or sms). We then have number portability, $10 unlimited (*3Gb) data plans, and other packages. My 6 month bill can be $5 to max $20 8) without internet.

I was just :eek: to read that you have to pay money for incoming calls or even sms unless you have the appropriate package. When I read that on some forum, Canadians were like "They have never heard the concept of free incoming". Postpaid (shareable, non-shareable) plans are ludicrously expensive. Prepaid are just complicated. In order for you to not receive any charges for incoming, I found out that you need unlimited local plan. That way you can receive calls without any charge as long as you are in your area code because roaming is a real deal in Canada unless you have the Canada wide unlimited calls ( ::)).

Upon further looking, I found out that you can get prepaid for $25-$30 which have unlimited calls.

Mobilicity:
http://mobilicity.ca/plans/

1. $25 plan: Unlimited Province-Wide Talk, North American Text,
2. $35 plan: Unlimited Province-Wide Talk, Canada-Wide Long Distance, Voicemail, Global Text, Light Data

http://mobilicity.ca/plans/add-ons/?type=long-distance
Pakistan Super Saver Long Distance: $20
Get 500 calling minutes to Pakistan with this add-on. Keep in touch with your friends and family with this convenient and affordable feature.

Wind Mobile:
http://www.windmobile.ca/plans-and-devices/plans

1. $25 Plan: Unlimited Canada-wide Calling, Unlimited Canada-wide Texting
2. $35 Plan: Unlimited Province-wide Calling, Unlimited Canada-wide Texting, Unlimited Data

Now the question is that what happens when you leave your area code? You still need to pay for roaming as well? Can We get above plans even if they are not available in our city despite having unlimited nation-wide calling. I have no idea. It is so confusing that even though you have unlimited local calling, unlimited province-wide calling, and unlimited Canada-wide, you still have to pay if you go to another city? Maybe someone else can tell how roaming works and which plans are best for it and which plans are best for poor poor students :D