se7en

Apr 20, 2011
fastfast said:
So wolframalpha says:

123 Days
4 Months
17 Weeks and 4 Days
.34 Years

Well Still waiting. So what you guys/gals do to kill the tension? Since I have nothing else to do I thought we can have some normal discussion.

I was looking at wireless plans in Canada (killing time :p) and man they are expensive. I then did some research and found out that Pakistan has one of the cheapest wireless plans in the world. There is no concept of roaming and no incoming charges (calls or sms). We then have number portability, $10 unlimited (*3Gb) data plans, and other packages. My 6 month bill can be $5 to max $20 8) without internet.

I was just :eek: to read that you have to pay money for incoming calls or even sms unless you have the appropriate package. When I read that on some forum, Canadians were like "They have never heard the concept of free incoming". Postpaid (shareable, non-shareable) plans are ludicrously expensive. Prepaid are just complicated. In order for you to not receive any charges for incoming, I found out that you need unlimited local plan. That way you can receive calls without any charge as long as you are in your area code because roaming is a real deal in Canada unless you have the Canada wide unlimited calls ( ::)).

Upon further looking, I found out that you can get prepaid for $25-$30 which have unlimited calls.

Mobilicity:
http://mobilicity.ca/plans/

1. $25 plan: Unlimited Province-Wide Talk, North American Text,
2. $35 plan: Unlimited Province-Wide Talk, Canada-Wide Long Distance, Voicemail, Global Text, Light Data

http://mobilicity.ca/plans/add-ons/?type=long-distance
Pakistan Super Saver Long Distance: $20
Get 500 calling minutes to Pakistan with this add-on. Keep in touch with your friends and family with this convenient and affordable feature.

Wind Mobile:
http://www.windmobile.ca/plans-and-devices/plans

1. $25 Plan: Unlimited Canada-wide Calling, Unlimited Canada-wide Texting
2. $35 Plan: Unlimited Province-wide Calling, Unlimited Canada-wide Texting, Unlimited Data

Now the question is that what happens when you leave your area code? You still need to pay for roaming as well? Can We get above plans even if they are not available in our city despite having unlimited nation-wide calling. I have no idea. It is so confusing that even though you have unlimited local calling, unlimited province-wide calling, and unlimited Canada-wide, you still have to pay if you go to another city? Maybe someone else can tell how roaming works and which plans are best for it and which plans are best for poor poor students :D
Its good to get a bit of idea about expenses in Canada but comparing Pakistan and Canada in terms of expenses is totally out of blue. For $50 or $60 you get postpaid plan which gives you unlimited talk time for both incoming and outgoing, unlimited text messages, unlimited mms, from 500mb to 1Gb data and no roaming charges. Majority of people pay $50 to $60 each month for their phone bills.
I agree in the begining everyone looks for cheap phones and stuff as I did the same myself but I say don't worry about this as you will figure out once you are here. There are many operators in Canada provide a number of plans according to their people's need.
Good luck dear

iqan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Lahore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2015
Passport Req..
with file
VISA ISSUED...
7-04-2015
LANDED..........
IN SHA ALLAH on 27-04-2015
fastfast said:
So wolframalpha says:

123 Days
4 Months
17 Weeks and 4 Days
.34 Years

Well Still waiting. So what you guys/gals do to kill the tension? Since I have nothing else to do I thought we can have some normal discussion.

I was looking at wireless plans in Canada (killing time :p) and man they are expensive. I then did some research and found out that Pakistan has one of the cheapest wireless plans in the world. There is no concept of roaming and no incoming charges (calls or sms). We then have number portability, $10 unlimited (*3Gb) data plans, and other packages. My 6 month bill can be $5 to max $20 8) without internet.

I was just :eek: to read that you have to pay money for incoming calls or even sms unless you have the appropriate package. When I read that on some forum, Canadians were like "They have never heard the concept of free incoming". Postpaid (shareable, non-shareable) plans are ludicrously expensive. Prepaid are just complicated. In order for you to not receive any charges for incoming, I found out that you need unlimited local plan. That way you can receive calls without any charge as long as you are in your area code because roaming is a real deal in Canada unless you have the Canada wide unlimited calls ( ::)).

Upon further looking, I found out that you can get prepaid for $25-$30 which have unlimited calls.

Mobilicity:
http://mobilicity.ca/plans/

1. $25 plan: Unlimited Province-Wide Talk, North American Text,
2. $35 plan: Unlimited Province-Wide Talk, Canada-Wide Long Distance, Voicemail, Global Text, Light Data

http://mobilicity.ca/plans/add-ons/?type=long-distance
Pakistan Super Saver Long Distance: $20
Get 500 calling minutes to Pakistan with this add-on. Keep in touch with your friends and family with this convenient and affordable feature.

Wind Mobile:
http://www.windmobile.ca/plans-and-devices/plans

1. $25 Plan: Unlimited Canada-wide Calling, Unlimited Canada-wide Texting
2. $35 Plan: Unlimited Province-wide Calling, Unlimited Canada-wide Texting, Unlimited Data

Now the question is that what happens when you leave your area code? You still need to pay for roaming as well? Can We get above plans even if they are not available in our city despite having unlimited nation-wide calling. I have no idea. It is so confusing that even though you have unlimited local calling, unlimited province-wide calling, and unlimited Canada-wide, you still have to pay if you go to another city? Maybe someone else can tell how roaming works and which plans are best for it and which plans are best for poor poor students :D
Hey man don't think about things on other side ... makes you more curious and anxious :p so play cool ... watch some series and have good sleep and as much as you can ...

fastfast

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Pakistan
Visa Office......
Local
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Allhumduliallah
se7en said:
Its good to get a bit of idea about expenses in Canada but comparing Pakistan and Canada in terms of expenses is totally out of blue. For $50 or $60 you get postpaid plan which gives you unlimited talk time for both incoming and outgoing, unlimited text messages, unlimited mms, from 500mb to 1Gb data and no roaming charges. Majority of people pay $50 to $60 each month for their phone bills.
I agree in the begining everyone looks for cheap phones and stuff as I did the same myself but I say don't worry about this as you will figure out once you are here. There are many operators in Canada provide a number of plans according to their people's need.
Good luck dear
With $50-$60 plan don't you need a LTE type phone as well which is extra $600-$700 depending on your choice. And you have to pay taxes on top of that 50-$60 plan. Paindo banda mai, na teh meray kool datay ala phone aee, bas desi dual sim nokia zindabad ;D.

So like we use prepaid here. Do we buy prepaid there or postpaid is better deal overall. As a Desi student, all I want is that my family can call me everyday.

fastfast

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Pakistan
Visa Office......
Local
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Allhumduliallah
iqan said:
Hey man don't think about things on other side ... makes you more curious and anxious :p so play cool ... watch some series and have good sleep and as much as you can ...
Send some names then. I don't like drama so action/thriller/detective or comedy.

maki92cfc

Oct 31, 2014
I got accepted to U of Manitoba, january session, but with the option of starting it in may, incase the visa takes longer than expected.
Should i still apply or wait till may, or should i apply now but for the may session?

shayan.khan

Oct 31, 2014
Nabeel1 said:
I dont know what things i should going to do.. its embarrassing to wait this soo long .. they should not play with any one person future i have being applied for visa of sept 2014 and now i am postponded to sept 2015 by university thats all because of unknown reason of visa delay .. The embassy have ruined my 1 year of my life .. 150 days and still counting goes on ..!!!
When was the last time you enquired about your visa and what did they say?

shayan.khan

Oct 31, 2014
maki92cfc said:
I got accepted to U of Manitoba, january session, but with the option of starting it in may, incase the visa takes longer than expected.
Should i still apply or wait till may, or should i apply now but for the may session?
I would highly recommend that you apply now for the may session.

SHAHABZ

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guyz hold-on, Keep praying to Allah, we still have time for the January session. We should wait atleast till first week of December. we should not forget the current security alert after the attack on their parliament

Uzzi

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Assalam Walikum everyone! :)

I got accepted in U o M (foundation course) for Jan session. I applied for visa on the 13th Oct 2014. I know I was late since the admission and everything went so fast, also it took me time to gather all the required things at short notice for my visa application. I have been reading this forum since I have applied and I am pretty sure I will have to defer my admission to may. The situation in Islamabad has worsened a lot. Plus I didn't have upfront medical so I am waiting for my medical. If anyone wants to add me on facebook, he's most welcome. I wish everyone here to get their visa approved as soon as possible and be happy. ;)

SHAHABZ

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Uzzi said:
Assalam Walikum everyone! :)

I got accepted in U o M (foundation course) for Jan session. I applied for visa on the 13th Oct 2014. I know I was late since the admission and everything went so fast, also it took me time to gather all the required things at short notice for my visa application. I have been reading this forum since I have applied and I am pretty sure I will have to defer my admission to may. The situation in Islamabad has worsened a lot. Plus I didn't have upfront medical so I am waiting for my medical. If anyone wants to add me on facebook, he's most welcome. I wish everyone here to get their visa approved as soon as possible and be happy. ;)
read the msg in ur inbox , i have few suggestions for u

Muhammad Talal

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
Exempt
File Transfer...
04-07-2014
Med's Request
25-7-2014
Med's Done....
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2014
freedbasra said:
There are a looot out there,
Initially I used to be very frustrated but than I realized that I can't do anything about it. Since than I stopped taking it seriously
have you sent them an inquiry bro :??

Anjiya

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Nabeel1 said:
I dont know what things i should going to do.. its embarrassing to wait this soo long .. they should not play with any one person future i have being applied for visa of sept 2014 and now i am postponded to sept 2015 by university thats all because of unknown reason of visa delay .. The embassy have ruined my 1 year of my life .. 150 days and still counting goes on ..!!!
Hey I know the feel as I had also initially applied for the fall semester but couldn't get the visa in time and had to dfer my admission to theWinter semester which shall commence from 5th January15'. I have also been wwaiting since 3rd June 14'

Nabeel1

Oct 28, 2014
Anjiya said:
Hey I know the feel as I had also initially applied for the fall semester but couldn't get the visa in time and had to dfer my admission to theWinter semester which shall commence from 5th January15'. I have also been wwaiting since 3rd June 14'
Thank you for your motivating comments .. keep in touch and tell me time to time for your plans whats you are going to do next.. is there is any plan you should do in commings days or just wait ..how you spend your time and days now a days

Nabeel1

Oct 28, 2014
shayan.khan said:
When was the last time you enquired about your visa and what did they say?
this is the reply which have come on 4 sept 2014,when i have inquired 15 days back

Dear Client,

This is in response to your email (see below).
Your application is currently in process and under review
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
Please note that we will be unable to reply to messages which do not include either the name AND date of birth of the primary applicant or the file number under which your application is being processed.

After that i have not send any inquiry ....still waiting ..

how do some people got medical call after they appled visa .. Iss embassy call you or you did yourself in advance and submitted . what was the procedure please anyone can guide me on that

SHAHABZ

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nabeel1 said:
this is the reply which have come on 4 sept 2014,when i have inquired 15 days back

Dear Client,

This is in response to your email (see below).
Your application is currently in process and under review
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
Please note that we will be unable to reply to messages which do not include either the name AND date of birth of the primary applicant or the file number under which your application is being processed.

After that i have not send any inquiry ....still waiting ..

how do some people got medical call after they appled visa .. Iss embassy call you or you did yourself in advance and submitted . what was the procedure please anyone can guide me on that
bro they will mail u , dnt worry.