+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistanis Applying for student Visa for September 2015 intake!

sharp12

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
20-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
Xmen said:
Transit visa is required only for those who will stay more then 24 hrs during their transit station. Otherwise no need for TRV if you are catching up next flight within 24hrs.
Please tell if you have first hand experience for this situation or post a source link. As far as I know they only allow people from certain countries to travel without Transit visa and Pakistan in not one of them. Us airports are different than Europe / ME because there is no corresponding international transit areas there. They don't allow Pakistanis, unless they have prior approval.

More information here
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/other/transit.html

Xmen

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
18th May, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
07th Aug, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30th Oct, 2015
sharp12 said:
Please tell if you have first hand experience for this situation or post a source link. As far as I know they only allow people from certain countries to travel without Transit visa and Pakistan in not one of them. Us airports are different than Europe / ME because there is no corresponding international transit areas there. They don't allow Pakistanis, unless they have prior approval.

More information here
I got information from PIA ticketing center and my friends abroad.

sharp12

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
20-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
Xmen said:
I got information from PIA ticketing center and my friends abroad.
Don't believe indirect sources. This is in contradiction to the information from US state gov website. Only 38 countries are allowed to do so. Contact US Embassy Pakistan for authentic information.

SufyanJawed

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2015
File Transfer...
20/05/2015
Med's Request
waiting
Passport Req..
Submitted with application
sharp12 said:

More information here
Pakistani travellers require Transit Visa to travel through US airport. The Dallas airport has different terminal for travel between Canada and US and if you are travelling with PIA dont listen to them as you will be sent back on the next flight. Any other airline will not let you check in unless you have transit visa as airlines are being fined for this.

sharp12

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
20-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
SufyanJawed said:
Pakistani travellers require Transit Visa to travel through US airport. The Dallas airport has different terminal for travel between Canada and US and if you are travelling with PIA dont listen to them as you will be sent back on the next flight. Any other airline will not let you check in unless you have transit visa as airlines are being fined for this.
Exactly. As I said before, don't believe PIA or your friends. Contact Embassy if you still think otherwise.

aabrar

Apr 21, 2015
its not just the online applicants on June. i applied paper based with upfront medical but still no response.

sharp12

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
20-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
aabrar said:
its not just the online applicants on June. i applied paper based with upfront medical but still no response.
While you didn't receive a response, some paper based applications after 8th of June have been processed. In our (online applicants) case, no applicant has received a response after May.

What we can conclude here is that online applicants are totally on hold for some reason.

Hassaan1992

Star Member
May 17, 2015
sharp12 said:
While you didn't receive a response, some paper based applications after 8th of June have been processed. In our (online applicants) case, no applicant has received a response after May.

What we can conclude here is that online applicants are totally on hold for some reason.
Exactly. Even august paperbased applicants of transfer-college application have been called for medical. But not a single applicant from from june online has been called so far. I heard that university ranking matters in visa processing time. I have applied for UBC which is ranked No. 1 in Canada and 28 worldwide for engineering. But no response yet :(

salmannaumani

Aug 24, 2015
kashifch said:
You got to show the fees for first year of your program PLUS the living expenses of at least $10,000.
Yes, you will need to show the evidences of finances anyways, either by showing your bank statements or your aunt's along with her consent that she would be paying your expenses.
CIC asks for 4 months of bank statements, and anyone can sponsor you for it. However, blood relative sponsor is considered reliable source of support.
CIC will check my bank statements for past 4 months or future 4 months? can i show my property as well for the expenses? and what if i sale two of my cars and put the money in the account now and show the sale deed of my cars? will they accept it?
kindly guide me as i have to apply soon

sarz

Aug 27, 2015
Asalam o alaikum,

I have applied for student visa on 2nd june (online) and submitted my biometrics on 4th june. the delay by CIC is killing me as classes start on 8th!
i wanted to ask if being on funding/scholarship of some kind helps in fast processing of the visa. I'm on a 100% tution waiver by my university, and i was very happy that they would process my case by 12 weeks without delay. but seeing so many students waiting without an end is so disappointing :(

sharp12

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
20-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
sarz said:
Asalam o alaikum,

I have applied for student visa on 2nd june (online) and submitted my biometrics on 4th june. the delay by CIC is killing me as classes start on 8th!
i wanted to ask if being on funding/scholarship of some kind helps in fast processing of the visa. I'm on a 100% tution waiver by my university, and i was very happy that they would process my case by 12 weeks without delay. but seeing so many students waiting without an end is so disappointing :(
Waalaikum as Salam,

Welcome. So we have another June online applicant without response. The Excel sheet needs to be updated now.

Yes, its frustrating for all of us online applicants.

No, the scholarship situation doesn't seem to help. I am on Full scholarship Alhamdullillah and I was hoping a quick approval too but didn't hear anything yet. My University and Professor are both surprised.

sarz

Aug 27, 2015
Sharp,

Thank you for your reply. Given the deadly delay, has anyone considered the possibility of deferring our offers to next semester? Is that possible? And what about our scholarships :(

there's a deadline by which we have to arrive, if we do not , we can't enrol later in Fall 2015.

sharp12

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
20-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
sarz said:
Sharp,

Thank you for your reply. Given the deadly delay, has anyone considered the possibility of deferring our offers to next semester? Is that possible? And what about our scholarships :(

there's a deadline by which we have to arrive, if we do not , we can't enrol later in Fall 2015.
With this situation, I suppose many of us would be thinking about deferring. I don't know anything about your Uni and program. Can you tell us? There is no universal deferment policy, it depends upon your University. Ask them. Same goes for scholarship deferment. You have to ask you uni.

waqarazhar55

Aug 24, 2015
sharp12 said:
Waalaikum as Salam,

Welcome. So we have another June online applicant without response. The Excel sheet needs to be updated now.

Yes, its frustrating for all of us online applicants.

No, the scholarship situation doesn't seem to help. I am on Full scholarship Alhamdullillah and I was hoping a quick approval too but didn't hear anything yet. My University and Professor are both surprised.
SHARP : To which university you applied and what are your credentials ?? which able you to get scholarship in Canada .That's a news for me that Canadian universities offer any scholarship

sarz

Aug 27, 2015
Sharp and Waqar,

My program is MA Psychology at Laurentian University. The general situation is frustrating and i will write to my program director and discuss options of of defering my enrollment for January admissions.

because Sharp and myself are on scholarship, I at least hope that cic does not doubt our intention to enter Canada or doubt whether we'll leave at the end of our studies. so well, the rest you all know !