+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP Approval Chances?

khaleesi_1

Oct 17, 2018
Hi all

I applied for OWP with my PR application (inland).

I am on implied status waiting for my OWP, but if it were to be denied for some reason, I would be out of status. I have a valid visitor visa but came as a student, and that student permit is now expired.

I am wondering if there is any LIKELY chance of refusal of my OWP? I do not have any criminality or history of overstay, etc. The only "negative" on my record is that they denied my request to extend my study permit but I am on implied status, so technically I shouldn't be in trouble for that.

Do most people get approved for OWP with inland PR application? Or is it like a visitor/student visa where your chances can range quite significantly.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all

I applied for OWP with my PR application (inland).

I am on implied status waiting for my OWP, but if it were to be denied for some reason, I would be out of status. I have a valid visitor visa but came as a student, and that student permit is now expired.

I am wondering if there is any LIKELY chance of refusal of my OWP? I do not have any criminality or history of overstay, etc. The only "negative" on my record is that they denied my request to extend my study permit but I am on implied status, so technically I shouldn't be in trouble for that.

Do most people get approved for OWP with inland PR application? Or is it like a visitor/student visa where your chances can range quite significantly.

Thanks
There should be zero risk the OWP will be refused.

The only risk is if either the PR or OWP application is incomplete (e.g. missing signature, old form, etc.) and the package is returned. Then you would fall out of status.

khaleesi_1

Oct 17, 2018
There should be zero risk the OWP will be refused.

The only risk is if either the PR or OWP application is incomplete (e.g. missing signature, old form, etc.) and the package is returned. Then you would fall out of status.
Thank you scylla! That is excellent news.

I received my AOR already for my PR application and my OWP permit/PR application both say "IN Process" online. I would assume this means everything is complete or I wouldn't have received AOR/In process? In which case I am hoping for OWP decision soon! I feel less stressed now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you scylla! That is excellent news.

I received my AOR already for my PR application and my OWP permit/PR application both say "IN Process" online. I would assume this means everything is complete or I wouldn't have received AOR/In process? In which case I am hoping for OWP decision soon! I feel less stressed now.
If you have AOR, then your application application was accepted as complete.

Reactions: khaleesi_1